The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rinaldo suspended eight games for charging and boarding

Whale Tail

I kind of agree with him, to be honest, especially when he was talking about slowing it down can make every hit look bad.

True you can make every hit look bad. Hitting someone is always going to be violent though. There are no hits that aren't violent.

Moving on... Rinaldo is such a freakin idiot. He literally says "I didn't hit him from behind. I hit him from the numbers... back side of the shoulder."

Also the fact that he's going to take the league's decision with "a grain of salt" just shows that he is not going to change. The dude is 24 and he already has several suspensions at both the NHL and AHL level. The people that compare him to Matt Cooke are way off base. At least Cooke could contribute to his team by killing penalties or getting points. Cooke puts up 30-40 points usually during a year. Rinaldo doesn't even have 30 points in his career, even though he has played over 200 games. Rinaldo's just a waste of skin. I have absolutely no idea how he has an NHL job.

It's just a matter of time before Rinaldo ends someone's career. All because the NHL doesn't have the balls to do what's right.

Archived