The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rinaldo suspended eight games for charging and boarding

Whale Tail

http://www.tsn.ca/rinaldo-suspended-eight-games-for-charging-and-boarding-1.192413

Philadelphia Flyers forward Zac Rinaldo has been suspended eight games by the NHL Department of Player Safety for charging and boarding Pittsburgh Penguins defenceman Kris Letang last week.

The news comes after the league conducted a Monday telephone hearing with Rinaldo.

The player had declined an in-person hearing over the incident.

Rinaldo hit Letang into the boards from behind late in the first period last Tuesday and was given a five-minute major as well as a game misconduct.

Letang remained on the ice for a few minutes before eventually getting up under his own power and skating to the locker room. He did not return to the game.

The 24-year-old Rinaldo has been suspended before as he was slapped with a four-game penalty last season for an illegal hit to the head of Buffalo Sabres defenceman Chad Ruhwedel.

Rinaldo spoke about the incident with Letang after Tuesday's game.

"I changed the whole game, man," he said. "Who knows what the game would have been like if I didn't do what I did?"

The Flyers won the contest 3-2.

Repeat Offender and feet left the ice. He will lose a decent chunk of change for it. His comments on the whole thing though make me wish the suspension was longer than 8. What a douche.

Edit *** Forgot my tags***

8 Games is quite a bit especially for the NHL tbh. Good to see a 'good' number at the very least. His comments sound a bit weird, maybe it's just the way I am saying/interpreting them. Might need to find a video of his comments.

Now, lets see if the NHL will do these types of suspension for the 'star-players' that do the same/similar thing...doubt it!

Get this guy out of the league. He obviously had no consideration to Kris' health, and actually tried to JUSTIFY what he did, having pointed out that the Flyers won that game.

Some are protective about throwing around the word goon, but to intentionally injure a player for the sake of your own teams advancement... that my friends, is the definition of goon.

8 Games is quite a bit especially for the NHL tbh. Good to see a 'good' number at the very least. His comments sound a bit weird, maybe it's just the way I am saying/interpreting them. Might need to find a video of his comments.

Now, lets see if the NHL will do these types of suspension for the 'star-players' that do the same/similar thing...doubt it!

Here ya go.

Warning: he drops an f bomb at the end of the video.

To be honest, I watched the video - he wasn't really being a douche, though I can see why he could perceived as such.

The way that he talks, he's a very honest person - no bullsh11 type. He'll tell you what he says and means. He didn't apologize for his hit. He just explains that it was going so fast and if you dissect everything, you could find something to say. He's not WRONG on that part. He might not even realize his plays were "dirty"

Yet, at the end of it, he casually says "I changed the whole game man...who knows what would happen if I didn't do what I did."

Again, he's not wrong, yet he doesn't seem to understand the magnitude. He's missing the bigger picture.

He's immature, but he should be given a chance to clean up his game.

Archived