The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TO VANCOUVER: 6th overall pick

TO JERSEY: 23rd overall pick, 2016 2rd, Jared McCann, Nicklas Jensen

WHY?

New Jersey forward group is old, very old. They don't have great prospects at forward either ( LW Reid Boucher and LW Stefan Matteau are really the only attractive ones IMO). Benning has shown that he isn't afraid to deal prospects (Forsling) and McCann is somewhat expendable with the emergence of both Horvat and Cassels, also consider Vey and his relationship with Willie. Nicklas Jensen has lost value since being drafted, however he is far from hopeless. I see him getting lost in the shuffle with Virtanen, Kassian and Grenier.

The Devils are stacked with D prospects and are projected to pick Provorov who is a hell of a lot more usefull to the Canucks. New Jersey adds youth to their forward group, and get two draft picks in the top 60. Potentially the Devils add two B prospects and two c+ prospects for the price of one A level prospect.

I know the devils could land a top 10 forward fairly easily with that pick, but the top end talent could be gone by then. And quantity might be a better option then quality. You never know how prospects will pan out.

New to the forum, but I read it often. Would appreciate feedback, I could be way off on this one!

Cheers,

Left Wings
Mike Cammalleri
DainiusZubrus

Tuomo Ruutu
Martin Havlat

Centers
Travis Zajac
Patrik Elias
Scott Gomez
Adam Henrique Right Wings
Steve Bernier
Jordin Tootoo
Michael Ryder
Stephen Gionta

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/new_jersey_devils/ (DEVILS PROSPECT CHART)

I give up, there is to mich stupidity on this forum to argue with every single person who doesn't understand THIS ISN'T NHL 15

Virtanen/Horvat is the ONLY WAY WE ARE GETTING A TOP 7 PICK.

I got Crosby from pittsburgh for shinkaruk. Mccann and 2 1st rounders lol

Then traded the sedins for hall eberle and yakupov

Fair enough maybe I was far off, I don't play video games either so that has nothing to do with my proposal. However I think you all over value a 7th overall. If anything your treating draft picks like a video game. They are not a guaranteed players, every year there are many picks who exceed expectation and ones who don't.

If you were offered pasternak (24th) joe morrow, khokhlachev and a 2nd for our 6th overall would any of you have took it?

Archived