The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

questions about having a dog

aeromotacanucks

Not all labs r big such as mine. She is about half the size of a normal dog. He said not too big not too small. ...... Since i got 2 warning points il leave it at that.

Well, I appreciate you not becoming belligerent.

To the OP:

All I mean to say with seeking the advice of a professional, or a number of professionals, is you will be left with more answers than questions. Hell, go to the library and find a book or two on one or two breeds you may have decided on THEN go seek professional advice. Anything is better than advice you may receive on an internet hockey forum. As far as I'm concerned you'd be better off with advice received from a gypsy roadshow.

The dog I adopted (Boxer) at approximately 1.5yrs. was already on his third home. We're his fourth. Not something any pet should go through.

His first parents were ESL students living in a Yaletwon high rise. That lasted about six months. Once his cuteness wore off and he started to grow, he suddenly became unwanted and found himself in a Langley shelter. Needless to say he received no training.

He spent another six months in Langley. Tons of space, still no training.

His third home, great big house on Bowen, he still received zero training and was "excitable" around the two young boys, aged 4 and 6. This frightened the parents and forced them to put him up for adoption.

I knew I wanted a Boxer and also knew what would be involved in owning one having spent my life around them. We took him home and immediately enrolled him in obedience training. Never looked back.

Archived