The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Once Again Philadelphia Proves That It Still Has More Than The Average Number Of Morons

SabreFan1

Of course it was a silly "riot" that made Vancouver look bad, but with the exception of the hockey world, most people wouldn't even still remember it. I love hockey and until this riot I had completely forgotten about the previous one until this one happened and the Canadian press harped on the fact.

Also, that picture is photoshopped, it's part of an old meme.

and the robot vandalism (which no true Vancouverite would do) will probably also be forgotten someday.

Keep the other discussion in the other thread. You just look immature going to other threads while looking like a d-bag.

This is the hitchhiking robot thread. It turns out I never looked like douchebag. What would you say *you* look like now?

This is the hitchhiking robot thread. It turns out I never looked like douchebag. What would you say *you* look like now?

I edited it before you posted. I would say I look like somebody who is switching back and forth between several threads and thought I was on a different thread.

I edited it before you posted. I would say I look like somebody who is switching back and forth between several threads and thought I was on a different thread.

With that in mind, I would not have looked like a douchebag, but rather a person who posts responses in inappropriate places.

To answer your other point... I totally hear you on that.

It makes me think of that Korean student that got attacked in Stanley Park. She made it through her whole life in Korea just fine. But as soon as she came here it happened.

With that in mind, I would not have looked like a douchebag, but rather a person who posts responses in inappropriate places.

To answer your other point... I totally hear you on that.

It makes me think of that Korean student that got attacked in Stanley Park. She made it through her whole life in Korea just fine. But as soon as she came here it happened.

Bad things happen. It's just that in some cities, they happen much much more than they do in others. Here in Buffalo, most normal people stay out of the East side, because that's where the dregs on society live. Go downtown to the canalside and you'll find people performing (on occasion) and families having picnics. However that's just a percentage of the population. Some cities, like Philadelphia just have a rotten side that pervades the attitude of much of the populace. Fortunately the few times I've been there, I strictly visited the tourist locations. I'm just waiting for the day when someone pops open the stone and concrete of Benjamin Franklin's grave and steals the bones.

What I meant was keep perspective. Cities are large places full of a massive range of people, ages, diversities, social classes etc. This is true in every city.

For reference (using google) Philadelphia is the 5th largest city in the USA and home to over 1.5 million people. Vancouver for example homes 600k people and Buffalo homes 250k. People don't all function on the same mind. In every city everyday you have murders, rape, theft, vandalism, etc. everywhere.

Reality is the land your home is on doesn't make you a good or bad person. In every city everyday people are murdered, raped, robbed, etc. This holds true in every city including Vancouver and Buffalo

I myself am an adult at 25 and could leave if I wanted but it isn't that bad just like any other city really.

I will say one negative about Philly though is it embraced negative behavior. Especially in sports it is seen a a badge of honor to be labeled the nastiest fans. The Flyers alone marketed the broad street bullies hard. They like to seem hard. But as far as actual crime goes it is all over every city.

I have a feeling that I'm going to look pretty bad with this thread. This may turn out to be a prank by Jesse Wellens and Ed Bassmaster.

Philadelphia is still chock full of morons. If I turn out to be right about this, that would just add Jesse Wellens and Ed Bassmaster to the list.

Archived