The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Once Again Philadelphia Proves That It Still Has More Than The Average Number Of Morons

SabreFan1

Disappointingly, it's an Associated Press Article on Fox.

Now if it was an hitchhiking Obama-bot, Fox news would be all over it. ;)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/01/hitchhiking-robot-cross-country-trip-in-us-ends-prematurely-in-philly/?intcmp=latestnews

Obamabot wouldn't be hitchhiking, it would be in a presidential motorcade.

Fox would still be all over it tho

Unrelated, but here's an epic rant by Bill Burr who throws his material out the window to insult a Philly crowd after they boo'd Dom Irerra.

Edit: Actual video of the set begins just after 2 mins in. There's only audio for the first bit.

I laugh every time I see that video. When it comes to stupid fans it's second only to the guy in Quebec who jumped on the ice and bum rushed Rob Ray at the bench. Needless to say, the guy had a serious headache the next day. :lol:

I laugh every time I see that video. When it comes to stupid fans it's second only to the guy in Quebec who jumped on the ice and bum rushed Rob Ray at the bench. Needless to say, the guy had a serious headache the next day. :lol:

The guy who jumped on the ice in Boston to confront Bill McReary deserves mention as well

As someone who lives in Philadelphia judging the city really depends on the area you are in.

North Philadelphia for example is an utter toilet full of some extremely lousy people

philadelphia1.jpg

Where as say Center City is more upscale with more friendly well together people.

center-city-philadelphia.jpg

The trashy end of the city really holds the rest of us down as they are constantly in the news for the wrong reasons xD

Worked in Pennsylvania for 3 years. I loved Philly. Except the airport. Its gotta be one of the worst in NA.

And after what we did to the city game 7 2011, we can't really judge.

Worked in Pennsylvania for 3 years. I loved Philly. Except the airport. Its gotta be one of the worst in NA.

And after what we did to the city game 7 2011, we can't really judge.

I dunno, Philly wasn't so bad to me compared to Atlanta or Los Angeles. Trying to catch a connecting flight at either of those airports is a miserable experience, especially when lugging around young kids and tons of carry-on's. Pearson is pretty bad too.

FWIW, apparently the people who built Hitch Bot have been flooded with offers to help rebuild him, mostly from Americans who are embarrassed by the actions of a few bad apples in Philly.

Still, they did boo the Zamboni driver.... B)

crapty people are everywhere. Hear is an example of vandalism in philadelphia (which no one from another city would ever do). Lets crap on the city.

Even somebody from Philadelphia in this thread crapped on half of his own city. Try reading all of the posts before you comment.

FWIW, apparently the people who built Hitch Bot have been flooded with offers to help rebuild him, mostly from Americans who are embarrassed by the actions of a few bad apples in Philly.

Still, they did boo the Zamboni driver.... B)

...and Santa Clause.

...and Cancer public service announcements.

As someone who lives in Philadelphia judging the city really depends on the area you are in.

North Philadelphia for example is an utter toilet full of some extremely lousy people

philadelphia1.jpg

Where as say Center City is more upscale with more friendly well together people.

center-city-philadelphia.jpg

The trashy end of the city really holds the rest of us down as they are constantly in the news for the wrong reasons xD

As someone who grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, i can understand how outsiders can easily get misinformed about a place because of how a small minority behave.

Even somebody from Philadelphia in this thread crapped on half of his own city. Try reading all of the posts before you comment.

well damn what do you say to that. If a person from a city trashed it, then it must be true and Philadelphia must make everyone in it worse or something. That's the strongest possible evidence there is.

I've never heard of (for example) a Vancouverite trashing Vancouver. Because if he did that would make it true. And we all know that its not. Cuz Philadelphia is.

Your condescension was certainly appropriate for the scenario and you seem like a sharp and clever individual. I used to think that generalisation was something idiots did, but you showed otherwise.

well damn what do you say to that. If a person from a city trashed it, then it must be true and Philadelphia must make everyone in it worse or something. That's the strongest possible evidence there is.

I've never heard of (for example) a Vancouverite trashing Vancouver. Because if he did that would make it true. And we all know that its not. Cuz Philadelphia is.

Your condescension was certainly appropriate for the scenario and you seem like a sharp and clever individual. I used to think that generalisation was something idiots did, but you showed otherwise.

To be fair.. Philly has more than earned it's repuatation as a city with a higher than average amount of meatheads.

tumblr_ln3qlt7ESu1qi6pvfo1_500.jpg

I'm American, not Canadian. I still say that was barely a riot that Vancouver had. A few cars got beaten up and burned and some windows were smashed. Nobody was killed or even seriously wounded. It pretty much sums Canada up. A "polite" riot.

I'm American, not Canadian. I still say that was barely a riot that Vancouver had. A few cars got beaten up and some windows were smashed. Nobody was killed or even seriously wounded. It pretty much sums Canada up. A "polite" riot.

I would agree that this riot reflects well on us as a city.

_53466779_012237675-1.jpg

I would agree that this riot reflects well on us as a city.

_53466779_012237675-1.jpg

Of course it was a silly "riot" that made Vancouver look bad, but with the exception of the hockey world, most people wouldn't even still remember it. I love hockey and until this riot I had completely forgotten about the previous one until this one happened and the Canadian press harped on the fact.

Also, that picture is photoshopped, it's part of an old meme.

*edit* I was mistaken about the meme. That was what it was said to be when the picture first came out and different versions were spread all over the internet and that's the one I still remember.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/vancouver-riot-kiss

Archived