The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Training Camp (Prince George)

BeefcakeBo

Does anyone have any information about the training camp besides the initial media release? Tickets/day passes went on sale this week, and I've already got passes for all 3 days (Sept 18-19-20).

The Canucks are scheduled for the first exhibition game on the 21st. I'm curious to know how many players are expected at the camp in PG. With it so close to exhibition games I'm assuming that they will have to make quite a few cuts beforehand.

I'm also wondering about which prospects will be at the camp in PG. I think this could go in Canucks Talk but I'd like to be able to discuss the players who may make the team in this thread during the camp as well as possibly post some videos as well for the people that won't be able to watch the training camp.

If anyone has any info about a schedule for the camp or anything else it would be great to add it to this thread.

I got tickets for all 3 days too. Damn good deal spent 40 bucks and got 3 for sat and Sunday and 2 for Friday.

I was trying to find info but could only find the media release too. I'm pretty sure there will be quite a few players here, I think they're splitting it up into 3 different on ice groups. Remember subban playing in a preseason game before they sent him back.

I got tickets for all 3 days too. Damn good deal spent 40 bucks and got 3 for sat and Sunday and 2 for Friday.

I was trying to find info but could only find the media release too. I'm pretty sure there will be quite a few players here, I think they're splitting it up into 3 different on ice groups. Remember subban playing in a preseason game before they sent him back.

Yeah, I also wonder if they might have some stuff going on in Kin 1 as well.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some fan activities in there. Man I'm so pumped. It's pretty awesome that they're doing this for communities outside van. I haven't been to a game since the bure linden days when I was 7. I'm gonna be like a little girl at a backstreet boys concert lol

I wonder if they'll do a blue vs white intersquad game?

I remember going to a few training camps in Kamloops in 1994. 1999 2002 got a few autographs also they were a week long if I remember correctly. They should move training camp around from town to town like next year have it in Kelowna or trail cranbrook penticton places like those also have it a week long 5 days

I think the coaches seminars etc are going to happen in kin1 I read about it somewhere. also the young kids can win a training session with the coaching staff and some players I think that is also in kin1 but don't quote me on it.

I hope they have lots of off ice stuff for the kids to do in between on ice training. Or its gonna be a long day with the little ones lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Vancouver, B.C. The Vancouver Canucks announced today the expected roster and schedule for their Training Camp opening Thursday, September 17th at Rogers Arena and moving to the CN Centre in Prince George from September 18th through the 20th. In addition to on-ice sessions, fans will be able to engage with the team in a variety of ways, including a daily Party in the Parking Lot, presented by FortisBC, a coaches hot stove, a minor hockey clinic and a Scotiabank Town Hall Breakfast. Fans are encouraged to follow @VanCanucks for news and updates.

In addition to the prospects continuing on from the Canucks Young Star Tournament, 37 players are scheduled to report to Rogers Arena on Thursday, September 17th for pre-training camp medical and physical testing. This includes four goaltenders, 12 defencemen and 21 forwards. Players will be available to the media in groups once they have completed their testing and other obligations.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL TRAINING CAMP ROSTER

The players will take to the ice in Prince George at the CN Centre from Friday, September 18th to Sunday, September 20th, where they will be split into two practice groups with ice times listed below.

Vancouver Canucks 2015 Main Camp Schedule (subject to change)

Sept. 17, 10:00 a.m. Rogers Arena Media Availability (Media access through Gate 16)

Sept. 18, 9:00 a.m. CN Centre (Prince George) On-Ice (1st group) 11:20 a.m. CN Centre (PG) On-Ice (2nd group)

Sept. 19, 9:00 a.m. CN Centre (Prince George) On-Ice (1st group) 11:20 a.m. CN Centre (PG) On-Ice (2nd group)

Sept. 20, 9:45 a.m. CN Centre (Prince George) Power Play Practice (mostly veterans) 11:20 a.m. CN Centre (PG) Intra-Squad Scrimmage (mostly prospects)

Please note the attached roster and above schedule and times are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information, please call the media hotline at 604-899-4995 or go to Canucks.com/mediarelations.

PASSES FOR ON-ICE SESSIONS

A limited number of passes remain for the on-ice sessions. They are available for $5.00 each with all proceeds designated to the Canucks For Kids Fund in support of grassroots minor hockey development in the Prince George region (limit of 6 passes per household). Tickets can be secured through Ticketmaster.ca or by calling 1-855-985-5000.

SCOTIABANK CANUCKS TOWN HALL BREAKFAST

On Friday, September 18th, Canucks President, Hockey Operations Trevor Linden and General Manager Jim Benning will be on hand to discuss the upcoming season and answer questions about the organization from those in attendance at the Scotiabank Canucks Town Hall Breakfast, hosted by the PG Chamber of Commerce. The event will take place from 7:30-9:00 am at the Civic Centre. Tickets can be purchased for $25 online (http://pgchamber.chambermaster.com/events/details/canucks-townhall-breakfast-1704).

PARTY IN THE PARKING LOT, PRESENTED BY FORTISBC

The atmosphere outside the CN Centre will be fun for fans each day thanks to a daily Party in the Parking Lot, presented by FortisBC. Fans can look forward to games, food options, entertainment and activities while music will be ongoing throughout the day. Saturday will include the majority of activities, including a pancake breakfast courtesy of Save-on-Foods (by donation) and a special Kids Only press conference after the final on-ice session.

COACHES HOT STOVE

Vancouver Canucks Assistant Coaches, and members of the Prince George Cougars coaching staff will host a free coaches hot stove to discuss a number of hockey related topics such as goaltending, making the most of practice time, diet and nutrition and developing as a player. An open mic Q&A session will follow. The Hot Stove will be held at 3pm on Saturday September 19, at the KIN 1 Lounge, Prince George and is open to minor hockey coaches, parents and players. Please go to Canucks.com to register. Those who register online will also have the chance to win two seats in the Avaya Champions Club Suite for a regular season Canucks home game.

Archived