The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Game in New York

person314

Canucks fan living in New York here. I'm on ticketmaster.com looking to buy tickets when our boys come to town on Jan. 19th... the first time I'll get to see them here! Does anyone happen to know which end the visitors attack twice in at MSG? And any other tips for where to sit / avoid sitting in that arena?

Super excited! Also might go watch them play their first visit to Barclays in Brooklyn, which should be a really interesting experience. Have you guys seen how the seating chart is for hockey games? It's very strange, and seems clear they did not consider hockey a possibility when they designed it.

The visitors I believe attack the left side and defend the right side.

At MSG, the Rangers attack the left side twice, so the visitors attack the right side twice.

At Barclays Center, the Islanders attack the right side twice and the visitors attack the left side twice. The building was designed mainly to accommodate basketball, so that's why the seating arrangement is unusual. Funny enough, the design was originally supposed to be fully hockey-compatible, but that was changed for some reason.

We had nothing but trouble trying to buy through Ticketmaster while in New York City, they wouldn't let me buy tickets on a Canadian credit card from their American site. In the end we had to buy through Stubhub (who does have a physical office in NYC to buy and pick up tickets).

As for ends of the Ice, I can't remember, but MSG is an experience even in the upper bowl. The bleachers bums were awesome.

Archived