The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Max Talbot

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

Well I think we're at our contract limit; which would be why we'd have to trade for him if we wanted him at least.

That being said, I don't think he'd help our team out at this point and I hope we pass on that. lol

Lock-meister -- the Canucks are at 45 contracts so there's lot of space.  So Talbot could be had for free, though the question that arises if Talbot is claimed, who gets sent down?  Baertschi has to clear waivers...Virtanen/McCann can only go back to junior...I'd rather have Cracker than Talbot...so there's not a whole lot of flexibility for the Canucks.  Plus, do you want another 31 year old forward on the Canucks roster?  I wouldn't::D.

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

You can actually trade them. But you have to offer them up for free to the team that you claimed them from and every other team that put a claim in originally. Never happens but that was the rule.

Zack Boychuk...Carolina Hurricanes, a few years back.  Though it was a double waiver thing and not a trade.

You know, he's not what he once was, but I still think he's better than he has played the last year or so, and I think he'd really click with Burrows, and he'd be a great mentor for the kids, it wouldn't hurt us if we picked him up, or if we passed, either way, we'll be fine.

On 11/29/2015, 12:20:10, bigbadcanucks said:

Looks like he lost his job to Landon Ferraro...next wave of agitators (Anthony Camara, Brian Ferlin) to make their way onto the Bruins roster perhaps?

I didn't realize the Bruins claimed Ferraro. I thought the Canucks should have picked up Ferraro personally. No interest in Max Talbot though.

Archived