The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks- Ottawa

Bartkowski-1.75m upcoming ufa

for

Wiercioch-2m upcoming rfa

Wiercioch only has 3a in 35gp. Where as bartkowski has 2g 8a in 42gp. So if you look just at this years numbers bartkowski has more value.

My reasoning for this trade is:

wiercioch is a local BC kid, he has put up strong offensive numbers in both College and the AHL. He has a good shot, which we could use on our 2nd pp unit. Also he is an rfa so more contract control and likely less to resign than bartkowski?

I thought maybe of saying Weber for Wiercioch as he has been just as bad offensively, he is our 2nd unit pp guy so would that be a better swap instead? I only suggested Bart because he was a lhd, and I believe Wier only plays the left side

41 minutes ago, Yotes said:

I think Wier can bring some offense to our back end, and help on our 2nd unit PP. He could benefit from a fresh  start in a new organization.

I would defintiely do Weber for him, just not sure if Ottawa bites on that

Bless any team that thinks they need Weber, and are willing to trade anything for him! 

1 hour ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Bless any team that thinks they need Weber, and are willing to trade anything for him! 

I agree, depends on how fed up Murray is with Wier he may be frustrated just as much as we are with Weber?

I have no issue doing Bart for him tho

Archived