The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] F Maxim Lapierre with Rangers

Too bad for Lapierre, he was a force for us.  To everyone bitching about him making us a hated team, Burr and Kes had just as much to do with it.  Lapierre was sandpaper, and it goaded players into taking stupid penalties (and sometimes we did too).  I seem to recall his last year with us he was playing a cleaner role, and dropped them if he had to answer.

He stepped up big time after Malholtra went down and surprised a lot of the fanbase with his play on that line.  Sorry to hear he didn't make it, I hope he doesn't hang them up yet.

10 minutes ago, Type R said:

Too bad for Lapierre, he was a force for us.  To everyone bitching about him making us a hated team, Burr and Kes had just as much to do with it.  Lapierre was sandpaper, and it goaded players into taking stupid penalties (and sometimes we did too).  I seem to recall his last year with us he was playing a cleaner role, and dropped them if he had to answer.

He stepped up big time after Malholtra went down and surprised a lot of the fanbase with his play on that line.  Sorry to hear he didn't make it, I hope he doesn't hang them up yet.

That Hansen / Lapierre / Torres line did so much for us in the 2011 run. In the end, that was the only healthy line left (not including the 4th which was useless).

13 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

That Hansen / Lapierre / Torres line did so much for us in the 2011 run. In the end, that was the only healthy line left (not including the 4th which was useless).

Agreed. That's a good example of what an energy line looks like and what you are looking for from all 3 players.

Archived