The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anybody watching Atlanta?

Moonshinefe

Not the usual show I'd dig into, but it's a show about african americans in the atlanta lower income suburbs, a man trying to become a rap artist and the protagonist tries to manage his career. I had a really good time watching it so far actually.

It has a lot of absurd comedy in parts and even some surreal / dream like elements to it, I found it entertaining so far (it's 2 eps in).

trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7uy2rl9EP4

critic analysis: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/atlanta/s01/

53 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Rap music?

nope.

Haven't seen episode 2 yet; but if the rest of the series follows episode 1, DO NOT take the OP plot outline of the show to heart.

If the end of the episode 1 is any indication, any rap career (which was probably focused on for about 3 minutes of the entire episode) came to an ass grinding halt.

For example, episode 2 is described as "Issues like police brutality, mental illness, and transphobia are addressed as the boys get arrested for

Spoiler

their shooting incident."

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Haven't seen episode 2 yet; but if the rest of the series follows episode 1, DO NOT take the OP plot outline of the show to heart.

If the end of the episode 1 is any indication, any rap career (which was probably focused on for about 3 minutes of the entire episode) came to an ass grinding halt.

For example, episode 2 is described as "Issues like police brutality, mental illness, and transphobia are addressed as the boys get arrested for

Hide contents

their shooting incident."

Word.

Archived