The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Van - Dal Goalie Swap

stuman491

42 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

Unfortunately I think you are right.  I want to keep Edler though.  Tanev is too injury prone and absorbs way too much punishment to have a lengthy career (I hope I'm wrong there).  

But If Edler could get us Drouin I think it would be worth it. 

I think Tanev being young gives him potential to get a bigger return but I think our current d depth prevents us from moving him…..Or moving either D right now, honestly.  I was hoping Hutton would take another big step this year and be able to take on top pairing duties but it doesn’t look like that will happen this year. 

But with that said Canucks have far greater left hand depth than right hand which does make Edler more expendable.

Juolevi, Hutton, Tryamkin, Sbisa, Pedan

Where on the right side we basically only have Gudbranson and Stecher.  Other than that we have Larsen, Beiga, Subban. 

A speed up the rebuild scenario could be moving both:

Package Edler for Drouin + Callahan

And then package Tanev for RNH

That would leave our D fairly weak until some of the kids settle in.  Guddy would be our oldest D at 24.  We also wouldn’t have much size up front

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I think Tanev being young gives him potential to get a bigger return but I think our current d depth prevents us from moving him…..Or moving either D right now, honestly.  I was hoping Hutton would take another big step this year and be able to take on top pairing duties but it doesn’t look like that will happen this year. 

But with that said Canucks have far greater left hand depth than right hand which does make Edler more expendable.

Juolevi, Hutton, Tryamkin, Sbisa, Pedan

Where on the right side we basically only have Gudbranson and Stecher.  Other than that we have Larsen, Beiga, Subban. 

A speed up the rebuild scenario could be moving both:

Package Edler for Drouin + Callahan

And then package Tanev for RNH

That would leave our D fairly weak until some of the kids settle in.  Guddy would be our oldest D at 24.  We also wouldn’t have much size up front

I like those proposals.  A lot actually.  That solves a lot of issues up front.  But then our D doesn't look so good. 

Would it be worth doing and hoping we can sign Alzner or Burns to a short but rich UFA contract?

Archived