The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows and Biega to Montreal or.....(Proposal)

J.I.A.H.N

With the season in full swing and teams starting to separate a little, teams will be looking for deals that shore up their team for a long playoff run. Many times those teams are looking for small changes that give them depth. This proposal allows Montreal and Columbus those options, without  giving away too much.

Proposal #1

Alex Burrows 50%, Alex Biega 50% + J. Subban

for

Montreal's 2018-2nd + Washington's 2017 - 2nd.............

Proposal #2

Alex Burrow's 50% and Alex Biega 50% 

for 

Columbus's 2018 - 2nd + 2017- 3rd (note........ this has nothing to do with the Columbus 2nd already owed)

Flame away!

What possible use would Montreal have for Biega?  Their 7 and 8 defencemen (Pateryn and Barbario) are both better than he is.  Theyre also set for bottom 6 forwards.  Montreal's biggest need is a 2C.  I don't see them wasting their limited cap space on guys they don't need. Also don't see them having much interest in Subban. They have 2 very good D prospects in Juulsen and Sergachev.  Plus. this proposal puts them up to 49/50 contracts. 

I see your point with Montreal, but if you remember how many defensemen we used in the 2011 playoffs, (I think it was 11), I think Montreal could use Biega, and he is a team player, I think he is a perfect fit, in a long playoff run, especially for the cost.

As for Burrows, sorry but I disagree with your appraisal, Burrows can and will fit in there seamlessly....can play up and down the line up, started slow, but has picked up the pace alot, but Burrows brings alot of veteran leadership, can play pk and can play pp in a pinch, not to mention he is a 100 % gamer. He would help any playoff team through a long playoff grind.

I don't think it is far fetched....

Cheers!

Let's me break this down in a different way for you. 

Subban would be quite far down on Montreals depth chart. So no value there

Montreal currently has 7 NHL defrncemen on the roster. None of which would be displaced be Biega. They also have an 8th NHL defence man (Barbario) sitting in the minors.  So if they traded for Biega they would immediately have to place him on waivers to send him down. That means they potentially end up losing a guy they just gave up assets for. So..... no value there right now. 

That leaves Burrows.  Burrows has no place on a healthy Montreal team. They are dealing with injuries right now but down the middle. Burrows doesn't address that problem.  They're up against the cap right now (until Galchenyuk gets out on LTIR). So wasting cap space on a guy that doesn't address a current problem makes no sense. 

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Let's me break this down in a different way for you. 

Subban would be quite far down on Montreals depth chart. So no value there

Montreal currently has 7 NHL defrncemen on the roster. None of which would be displaced be Biega. They also have an 8th NHL defence man (Barbario) sitting in the minors.  So if they traded for Biega they would immediately have to place him on waivers to send him down. That means they potentially end up losing a guy they just gave up assets for. So..... no value there right now. 

That leaves Burrows.  Burrows has no place on a healthy Montreal team. They are dealing with injuries right now but down the middle. Burrows doesn't address that problem.  They're up against the cap right now (until Galchenyuk gets out on LTIR). So wasting cap space on a guy that doesn't address a current problem makes no sense. 

Good explanation, I good with that....what about Columbus?

Archived