The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Canucks Radio Broadcast Rights Holder, Sportsnet 650, Has Announced Morning Show Host

cuporbust

On 14/09/2017 at 2:25 PM, aGENT said:

Darling's obviously there to be the cordial 'host'. No real problem with that. Agree Laurence hasn't brought much as yet other than a female voice. Perhaps she should listen to Karen K on CFOX for a while to see how a pro works a morning show in similar circumstances. Cybulski is doing fine IMO.

Sat's awesome, Jang could just need to get more comfortable, or he may not be the right fit. . Time will tell.

Agree on afternoon show.

Again, I'm fine giving them time tow work on the polish and ironing wrinkles. The actual content has been far superior IMO, less engaging 'personalities' or not. Frankly the 'personalities' of a fair chunk of 1040 hosts I've never particularly cared for. Morning show in particular.  

Kind of like bro jake I guess. 

650 morning show with Cybulski, Darling and Co is un-listenable.  I just can't do it.

Sat Shah is one of the worst sports personalities on air, right up there with Matt Sekeres.  His show with Jawn Jang always makes me turn the dial after 20 seconds.

I love The Program with Walker and Rintoul, it's the only good show on 650.  Other than that, I always tune into 1040 unless Sekeres and Price are on.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:30 PM, HerrDrFunk said:

Well I certainly hope this new gig is more successful for Darling than his foray into politics. 

He ran for the Liberals in Provincial Election, right?  (So, we know his judgment and timing aren't great lol.) 

• 3 months later...
On 9/4/2017 at 4:59 PM, Alflives said:

Having two stations for sports now is great, but just so long as we have I'm okay.  Don't want to go back to listening to American sport's radio (Fabulous Sports Babe) to get my daytime fix.  I did like Dan Russell, but that was on past my bedtime.

and Jason the "ever faithful" Canuck fan.... i remember them all... this was training camp in Victoria 1990

A YOUNG BRIAN BURKE.jpg

BBURKE DRUSSEL.jpg

BURKIE THANKS FOR HAVING ME ON DAN.jpg

DAN RUSSEL AND CREW.jpg

PAT QUINN THE MAN.jpg

TREV.jpg

TREVOR.jpg

WW OR WARD.jpg

Archived