The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] A Few Moves

Seems like Gudbranson is the main trade talk of the town recently. Despite his toughness and certain intangible leadership qualities, he is due to get paid and should earn a term contract.

Unless we decide to re-sign him to a resonable cap hit + term I would like to see this happen:

To TOR:
Gudbranson + 4th

To VAN:
1st Round Draft Pick

Honestly, I can't see Toronto giving up a 1st and a prospect for the services of Gudbranson who offers very little in offense and may not even re-sign with the team and test out the free agent market. Giving up the fourth shouldn't hurt as we will probably move one of Burmy/Vanek/Dorsett for future draft picks. A simple first will get Toronto to bite and will get us another spot in the upcoming draft that is labelled to be very deep.

Trade off Vanek for a low 1st round draft pick

This gives us 3 1st round draft picks with the insurance to make a deal and maybe move up a few spots? 

Snatch one or two really good defence men in the draft to shore up our D pool.

Lastly, sign E.Kane to a 5 year contract. 

Start off next year with a top 6 of

Kane - Pettersson - Boeser
Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen.

thoughts?

I don't think Toronto will give a 1st rounder for a 0-point defenseman with mediocre defense plus a 4th, no matter how great his intangibles are. Guddy on his own is worth about a 3rd right now IMO.

Vanek would fetch us a 2nd at best; he got a 3rd last year when he was scoring at an even higher rate.

16 minutes ago, HuisHamIsThis? said:

Seems like Gudbranson is the main trade talk of the town recently. Despite his toughness and certain intangible leadership qualities, he is due to get paid and should earn a term contract.

Unless we decide to re-sign him to a resonable cap hit + term I would like to see this happen:

To TOR:
Gudbranson + 4th

To VAN:
1st Round Draft Pick

Honestly, I can't see Toronto giving up a 1st and a prospect for the services of Gudbranson who offers very little in offense and may not even re-sign with the team and test out the free agent market. Giving up the fourth shouldn't hurt as we will probably move one of Burmy/Vanek/Dorsett for future draft picks. A simple first will get Toronto to bite and will get us another spot in the upcoming draft that is labelled to be very deep.

Trade off Vanek for a low 1st round draft pick

This gives us 3 1st round draft picks with the insurance to make a deal and maybe move up a few spots? 

Snatch one or two really good defence men in the draft to shore up our D pool.

Lastly, sign E.Kane to a 5 year contract. 

Start off next year with a top 6 of

Kane - Pettersson - Boeser
Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen.

thoughts?

Main thoughts: your formatting needs a lot of work. 

I think the talk of Evander Kane is the most divisive subject in armchairing on the forum. I personally like him but also acknowledge his past. Why would a team give up more for Erik Gudbranson than what Vancouver gave up for him, two years of worse play later? I could see Vanek going for something stupid high at the deadline, tho. 

Archived