The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Toronto police arrest nearly 70 people in overnight raids targeting Five Point Generalz street gang

PhillipBlunt

16 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

The 90's in Van were amazing. The Town Pump closing was one of the saddest things, everyone was going to can music ( think it turned into a flop called Sonar?)

They were. I remember seeing Rage Against the Machine at the Town Pump. The Palladium, Luv A Fair, Starfish Room, DV8, so many places. It sucks that the city couldn't continue to promote local music like it did then.

Thank you for mentioning Salvador Dream. we actually shared the same rehearsal spot with them as we did Rob from No means No.

Legendary bands. Salvador Dream were way ahead of their time. UR still sounds fresh today. No Means No is also such a great band.

Ray from Salvador Dream was one of the best drummers I have ever had the pleasure to be around. Such a talent and a beautiful human. He went on to do some cool down tempo nights at the Chameleon. I heard he passed away a few years back, such a loss. Taken from us way too soon. RIP Ray. 

Garraway was such an original drummer whose use of odd time signatures was ahead of it's time. I knew Toby Keith pretty well. Great human being. They should have been way bigger than they were. I think all three moved to Toronto and backed K-os for a spell. Hearing that Ray passed was horrible news. He was so young.

I bet you and I have been in the same places and even met in real life some eons ago Phil.

I wouldn't doubt it bishop. I wouldn't doubt it at all.

Archived