The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Rickard Rakell

CR7

10 hours ago, lmm said:

interesting that within the space of one page, you have gone from "could be good" for us to "will be" an upgrade.

It seems you have talked yourself into this even if you have not convinced the rest of us

and you have thrown Podkolzin into the sure thing catagory as well.

Could be, yes, because there are many factors that play into ones performance. I also do believe that Rackell and Podz will be better on the team than our current right side. Currently our right side is Boeser, Hogs (out of position) Virtanen and Hawryluk. Boeser, Rackell, Podz looks like a better top 9 if they all play to their potential...

I didn't realize a discussion was to convince you. Always thought it was to discuss the pros and cons? Maybe this is why I was never on the debate team... I think he makes the team better and would compliment out top 6 nicely. Though I would like the Big, Fast, Mean winger you mentioned earlier, where are they? When do they ever become available to trade for, or in FA? Cost would be more than we can afford in our cap crunch... Virtanen was supposed to be this, instead he just seems to be collecting a pay check most nights

23 minutes ago, CR7 said:

Could be, yes, because there are many factors that play into ones performance. I also do believe that Rackell and Podz will be better on the team than our current right side. Currently our right side is Boeser, Hogs (out of position) Virtanen and Hawryluk. Boeser, Rackell, Podz looks like a better top 9 if they all play to their potential...

I didn't realize a discussion was to convince you. Always thought it was to discuss the pros and cons? Maybe this is why I was never on the debate team... I think he makes the team better and would compliment out top 6 nicely. Though I would like the Big, Fast, Mean winger you mentioned earlier, where are they? When do they ever become available to trade for, or in FA? Cost would be more than we can afford in our cap crunch... Virtanen was supposed to be this, instead he just seems to be collecting a pay check most nights

ok then, what are the cons in your view?

7 minutes ago, lmm said:

ok then, what are the cons in your view?

Cost to acquire. Most likely Anaheim will want a 1st +. We are on the wrong side of the standings to be buying players this season. Another player we have to protect for the expansion draft 

Edited by CR7

On 3/10/2021 at 10:45 PM, CR7 said:

Just for discussion sake as TSN has put Rakell up on the trade board, what do you think it would take to land him. 2 time 30 goal score, fallen off these last couple seasons (bad Anaheim team), could be a good fit for our top 6. 1 more year at a reasonable cap hit just under 3.8M, 27 years old. Could look good on the RW with Bo and Hog on the other side. Yes I know Podz is coming, but I think the add would give us a pretty good right side next season

Virtanen, insert prospect and 2nd? More, less. Is he worth it?

LeBrun thinks it would cost the Leafs Rodion Amirov (just drafted 15th overall) but that would probably not be enough and Toronto would need to add another asset.  He says Anaheim are not shopping Rakell but are willing to listen but teams will have to pay to get him.

1 minute ago, mll said:

LeBrun thinks it would cost the Leafs Rodion Amirov (just drafted 15th overall) but that would probably not be enough and Toronto would need to add another asset.  He says Anaheim are not shopping Rakell but are willing to listen but teams will have to pay to get him.

I believe LeBrun also said Calgary checked in and it was Bennett and a 2nd and Calgary said no. Not sure LeBrun knows anything these days. I wouldn't give up much more than Virtanen and a 2nd myself. Maybe throw in a B prospect. I like the player, but if the cost is high I don't like him that much