The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Travis Hamonic

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

Finally saw Hamonic's interview on his return.... sounded very sincere!! I think most of us judged him too harshly early on...  we need to recognize that he's a good guy and he cares aobut kids especially those that have lost their parents at early age. I sometimes question myself: Would I make friends with a fully vaxx'd person who's a bit of an A-hole or a good hearted person who's just hesitant to get vaxx'd for whatever reason!!!? Gotta see the bigger pic in humanity!! An anti-vaxxer may seem like he doesn't care about Covid but it also doesn't mean he'll do crazy things to try to spread it!!! Meanwhile, fully vaxx'd ppl just go all out partying in concerts... so.... does that mean they won't spread the virus? Doubt it!

Hammer is now willing to go through the vaxx protocols and ready to return... what touched me the most is, he said he's proud to be a Canuck!! The organization has given him so much support and I think he's gonna play extra hard for our team!! I'm proud of him and let's move forward!! 

People forget this guy was an absolute warrior and a fkin horse for the Islanders.  Hes all heart and character.  The closest thing to Willie Mitchell we have seen.  He doesnt have the sexy offensive flair, but the type of game he plays makes a difference and impact for a club.     

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

People forget this guy was an absolute warrior and a fkin horse for the Islanders.  Hes all heart and character.  The closest thing to Willie Mitchell we have seen.  He doesnt have the sexy offensive flair, but the type of game he plays makes a difference and impact for a club.     

Totally man!! We have this scary cancel culture where we focus on VERY little info assuming  he's anti-vaxx and wipe out his good deeds...  All I know is, he didn't spread Covid inside the dressing room!! 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

Hammer is now willing to go through the vaxx protocols and ready to return... what touched me the most is, he said he's proud to be a Canuck!! The organization has given him so much support and I think he's gonna play extra hard for our team!! I'm proud of him and let's move forward!! 

Ya love to see it!  

riding dirty vancouver canucks GIF by NHL

28 minutes ago, karvalegov said:

Why does he not have to go through waivers? I don't understand all of the in's and outs of waivers. 

He has already cleared waivers, which initiates a waivers exempt period.

After either (1) 10 or more NHL games played or (2) spending 30 or more cumulative days on the NHL roster, waivers requirements are again triggered and he must clear waivers to be demoted to the AHL.

So, basically, he’s exempt from waivers for either another 8 more NHL games, or 27 more days on the NHL roster (regardless of games played), whichever comes first.

People often refer to this as the 10/30 rule, for short, when talking about waivers.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1