The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks & Caps(proposal)

Fairly uneventful deal, predicated upon us wanting to dump cap(coming seasons) & Caps needing a decent vet 'tender

Van: Pearson, Poolman(or Ham, even better!), & Halak

Wash: Hagelin, Schultz, Vanecek/Copley(don't care, they can send either gt)

If Hamonic, cap's a wash. If Poolman we accept 600k more cap.

The great thing is their contracts end this summer. Only Hagelin has 1 yr left. Looking at the Caps roster, they'd prob be able to utilize our vets(with more term), better than we could. Also wouldn't surprise me if they LTIR Oshie's contract, as key US markets seem to get this option whenever it's convenient.

• 2 weeks later...

This proposal 2 wks back, went over "like a lead zeppelin"(as Keith Moon apparently uttered, back in the 60's).

Yet today in Friedman's '32 Thoughts'.."Washington is looking for fwds. They're eying teams in the Pac Northwest".

They could also use a vet 'tender. I really see a logical, potential match for Van & Wash.

Kempny is a LhD I'd like to see Van pursue, if there's a possible pkg

Yeah I definitely agree there is a good match between WSH and VAN this upcoming TDL.

Word is that WSH want a playoff proven 'tender, so that probably ain't Halak. Most feasible option for WSH to get one is to trade Samsonov + pick to CHI in exchange for Fleury @50% retained.

I think WSH is a potential alternative landing spot for Miller (if NYR won't give up Schneider in a deal) maybe something like:

To WSH: Miller ($1.25m retained) + some expiring depth players if WSH wants some that they can stash in AHL til playoffs (e.g. Hunt, Chiasson, Bowey)

To VAN: Lapierre + Iorio + Eller + 2022 1st round pick

If Halak waives for a trade to a contender, maybe PIT would be interested. Halak is a much better backup option than DeSmith, so...

To VAN: DeSmith + 2nd or 3rd round pick

To PIT: Halak

• Vintage 1