The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van Cbj

I really have no idea how to assess the trade value of an unqualified RFA winger whose qualifying price well exceeds his value.  I know it's not quite the same thing, but it's like trading for someone who's about to become an unrestricted free agent in two month's time.  I remember when Ehrhoff couldn't agree to terms with Vancouver and went to New York for a 4th round pick, and then got traded again to Buffalo because New York also couldn't make things work out.

A 4th round pick.  Or a Tyler Motte, who we gave up for a 4th rounder.  That is a good starting point for Boeser's trade value.  Not Adam Boqvist.  He's the guy who went the other way in the Seth Jones trade.

Edited by Bob.Loblaw

8 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I really have no idea how to assess the trade value of an unqualified RFA winger whose qualifying price well exceeds his value.  I know it's not quite the same thing, but it's like trading for someone who's about to become an unrestricted free agent in two month's time.  I remember when Ehrhoff couldn't agree to terms with Vancouver and went to New York for a 4th round pick, and then got traded again to Buffalo because New York also couldn't make things work out.

A 4th round pick.  Or a Tyler Motte, who we gave up for a 4th rounder.  That is a good starting point for Boeser's trade value.  Not Adam Boqvist.  He's the guy who went the other way in the Seth Jones trade.

I think any trade that involves Boeser at this point needs one of two things to happen, either he signs a new contract prior to the trade or he has negotiated terms with the team we are trading him to. Otherwise, I agree with you his value is substantially lowered.