The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Sign Malkin?

For anyone who forgot this is the POS that made Mitchell barely remember 8 months of his life, and probably cost us the cup - i for sure don't.   Hard pass.   Might as well be talking about Duncan Keith coming here instead.   Also a hard pass.   With Mitchell in our lineup instead of Ballard...we'd have for sure won a cup. 

5 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

if we can’t afford to pay JT 9mil+ per season. I’ll take a first round pic for 2023 draft pick. Then add a defenseman a premium prospect in return like Foote! Trade JT to New Jersey or something… Malkin At 6 mil for four years aint all that bad! Considering we signed Louis Erickson at 6 mil for 6 years! Same goes with Tyler Myers! Malkin is a far better then those two players combined when healthy! Malkin can mentor aswell play with Podz and Kuzemenko! I think he would fit in perfectly he does have 3 cups under his stacked resume! 

See my above post.  Let dough faced boy enjoy his "i've made a lot of money" routine somewhere else.   Glad they past on him for the 100 greatest players all/time.   Mogilny was better as was Bure and Federov. 

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

See my above post.  Let dough faced boy enjoy his "i've made a lot of money" routine somewhere else.   Glad they past on him for the 100 greatest players all/time.   Mogilny was better as was Bure and Federov. 

Stats say different;) don’t get me wrong I loved Bure & Mogilny game a lot! Those were definitely favorite players growing for sure. Federov is a beast too! His resume speaks for itself! It’s not like Malkin asking for an absurd amount of money! At that price for four years is pretty darn good! Sure he had some injuries. But when he’s on he’s ON! Guy knows how to play the game! The younger generation can learn a thing or two! He has tons of experience! You can’t teach that! He’s been there and done it! He Has nothing to Proved & That’s it;) 

Edited by KnuckleHead16