The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2022-23 Minor Signings Thread

Any signing that is minor and does not warrant its own thread can be posted and discussed here.

Generally, minor signings are:

• Two-way deals
  • Prospect signings
  • Transfers to European leagues

The only exception is players signed by the Canucks, where that would deserve its own thread.

• Like 1

from Abby's roster last year and yet to sign either in Abby or elsewhere:

Remple, Petan, DiGuiseppe, Bowey, Bailey, Lukosevicius, Stephans, Sautner, Hirano, Nielsen, Cutler, Murphy, Hickey, McManus, Bhrubaker, Keppen, Guay. I'm sure I have probably missed a few.

Of the ones listed I am hoping to see Bailey, Hirano, Nielsen and maybe Keppen re-signed; the others, are either getting to old to be considered as a prospect and not good enough to be considered as anything more than an emergency call up.

Bailey can score at the AHL level and can skate at an NHL level;

Hirano might be a good fit in the bottom six at the NHL level but really to early to tell even at his age IMO.

Nielsen did OK for a 1st yr AHL player but unsure of his skating or ability to process the game at speed. I would like to see if he can up his game in a 2nd year in the pro's

Keppen is a bit of an enigma to me. Honestly have not seen enough of him to really have an opinion one way or the other. He does have youth on his side if they do decide to re-sign him. He is a big body and maybe his calling is in a checking / enforcer role similar to Arseneau.

Just my opinions on the subject. Feedback welcomed.

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

from Abby's roster last year and yet to sign either in Abby or elsewhere:

Remple, Petan, DiGuiseppe, Bowey, Bailey, Lukosevicius, Stephans, Sautner, Hirano, Nielsen, Cutler, Murphy, Hickey, McManus, Bhrubaker, Keppen, Guay. I'm sure I have probably missed a few.

Of the ones listed I am hoping to see Bailey, Hirano, Nielsen and maybe Keppen re-signed; the others, are either getting to old to be considered as a prospect and not good enough to be considered as anything more than an emergency call up.

Bailey can score at the AHL level and can skate at an NHL level;

Hirano might be a good fit in the bottom six at the NHL level but really to early to tell even at his age IMO.

Nielsen did OK for a 1st yr AHL player but unsure of his skating or ability to process the game at speed. I would like to see if he can up his game in a 2nd year in the pro's

Keppen is a bit of an enigma to me. Honestly have not seen enough of him to really have an opinion one way or the other. He does have youth on his side if they do decide to re-sign him. He is a big body and maybe his calling is in a checking / enforcer role similar to Arseneau.

Just my opinions on the subject. Feedback welcomed.

I would definitely place Bailey as a priority.  Keppen is a personal favourite, mainly because he was one of very few power forwards drafted by the Canucks.  It would be nice to say they got it right.  Is Bowey too similar to Woo and Juulsen?  I'm hoping he comes back.

16 hours ago, Mike D said:

I would definitely place Bailey as a priority.  Keppen is a personal favourite, mainly because he was one of very few power forwards drafted by the Canucks.  It would be nice to say they got it right.  Is Bowey too similar to Woo and Juulsen?  I'm hoping he comes back.

I personally thought Bowey played very well for Abby and maybe they bring him back as he can fill an emergency call up role if needed but management  said they want to get younger and have more actual prospects in the lineup vs older players that may have peaked. That said; I would be happy to see him back as there are not many young D-men in the prospects group right now.

Edited by Kootenay Gold

• 3 weeks later...