Travis Sanheim 27 years old LD 8 years x 6.25M

Scott Laughton 29 year old C 3 years x 3M

Vancouver trades

2024 1st(Conditional; top 5 protection)

2024 3rd

2025 2nd

Tyler Myers 34 year old RD 1 years x 6M

Connor Garland 27 year old RW 3 years x 4.95M

We reallocate our cap space by getting a #3 LD thats 1.6 years older than Hronek and solid 3C under a good contract. We also gain 1.7M in cap space for next season. 

Could contain: Person, Text, Face, Head

That’s after a year with Risto. 2023 is not up yet. 

Flyers get a plethora of picks. 

Vancouver lineup

Mikheyev-Petey-Kuzy

Beau-Miller-Boeser

???-Laughton-Pod

Joshua-Blueger-???

??? = Hog/Pearson/Aman/PDG

Hughes-Cole

Sanheim-Hronek

Soucy-???

??? = Irwin/Juulsen/Brisebois/Hirose/Rathbone

IMO this lineup is better equipped for playoffs and is a step towards building a contender. 

Do we give up too much? Not enough? Rather keep the picks? Rather spend more for better? 

Flame away. 

I like both players, but for this to limit the risk of the trade, Flyers would definitely have to eat at least 1 million per year on that Sanheim contract. 

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

1st + Beauvillier + Rathbone for Pesce or Hanifin

I'd be shocked if the flames traded Hanifin to a divisional rival for picks and a 3rd liner, they probably want something back that helps them win now, there's a rumour he might go to the Leafs in a Nylander deal. Pesce is more possible for sure. I just don't like the idea of giving up a 1st round pick, you're right though, that's probably where trade discussions would start.

6 minutes ago, canuckmen84 said:

I'd be shocked if the flames traded Hanifin to a divisional rival for picks and a 3rd liner, they probably want something back that helps them win now, there's a rumour he might go to the Leafs in a Nylander deal. Pesce is more possible for sure. I just don't like the idea of giving up a 1st round pick, you're right though, that's probably where trade discussions would start.

Flames can’t afford the 10.5 Wee Wiillie is demanding. They are already overpaying Huberdough. Plus, Hannifin is a dough head. Without Tanev he’s craperolla. Our new management is not Benning.