The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson: Do we really need him?

Rate this topic

alt kilgore

15 hours ago, viking mama said:

Yes…we do him. 

EP40 will viking power this team all the way to the Stanley Cup! 

After the Norman Conquest of England in 1066, the influence of the Vikings in England declined. Many Vikings who had settled in England assimilated into the local population and adopted the language and customs of the Anglo-Saxons. In other parts of Europe, the Viking Age gradually came to an end as the Scandinavian countries developed into more centralized kingdoms and Christianity became more widespread. The era of Viking raids and invasions had largely come to a close by the 11th century.

e_cbkF2KYrOsc7QGd2wXGHsz7ESvadj-6Fb5BBMv

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2024 at 1:20 PM, alt kilgore said:

After the Norman Conquest of England in 1066, the influence of the Vikings in England declined. Many Vikings who had settled in England assimilated into the local population and adopted the language and customs of the Anglo-Saxons. In other parts of Europe, the Viking Age gradually came to an end as the Scandinavian countries developed into more centralized kingdoms and Christianity became more widespread. The era of Viking raids and invasions had largely come to a close by the 11th century.

e_cbkF2KYrOsc7QGd2wXGHsz7ESvadj-6Fb5BBMv

I beg to differ…

This is modern-day stuff!

This song is about the viking spirit going west!

It’s here!!!

Ahhhhh, ahhhh,aaahhhhh, ahh!!! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, viking mama said:

I beg to differ…

This is modern-day stuff!

The song is about the viking spirit going west!

It’s here!!!

Ahhhhh, ahhhh,aaahhhhh, ahh!!! 

Nice!

Haven't seen that classic put to the Vikings TV series before! 

this should be Petey's goal song! :metal:

edit: I forgot I'm alt-kilgore.   Vikings ....Schmikings.

• Like 1

Petey's a bum.   His last game against St. Louis proved it.  Flopping on the ice after a friendly tap on the back. And laying there pretty much until the game is put away by the Blues.

I say we dish Pettersson to Calgary for Huberdeau.  Straight up. 

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2024 at 2:48 PM, alt kilgore said:

Petey's a bum.   His last game against St. Louis proved it.  Flopping on the ice after a friendly tap on the back. And laying there pretty much until the game is put away by the Blues.

I say we dish Pettersson to Calgary for Huberdeau.  Straight up. 

Phlffffftt! Not a chance! 

I’ll admit - Petey embellished there. 
But, when it works for the other teams…sometimes he’s been tempted to go there. RT will be fixing that.

I wonder however, as the Canucks’ window is opening,…if we risk losing both Petey & Huggy, eventually - when it looks to close, again…or by the time they become  free agents. Hughes may wish to reunite with his bros in NJ & Petey may jump at going to climates more friendly & markets that give him far more anonymity! The speculation about a supposed bite-mark on his hand?? Yah, that poor dude will always be under a freakin’ microscope, here. Lay off, people! 

The time really is NOW, while he’s  an RFA & we cannot give any other marketplace the optics that we’re in anyway dissatisfied, or that he is…so that they won’t throw silly money offers at him, that we may be forced to match. 

Bringing in Tanev? Don't mortgage the farm, but woo him over, for sure! He was great during the Canucks’ last SCup final & during their bubble run. He’s uber-invested, popular &  familiar as a forever-Canuck, a top-notch PRO whom this team can fully & very easily embrace, again. There’s already the incentive to rally around him to take care of some unfinished business - especially if BOS is the team that emerges from the east. He will definitely know how to both trigger & deal with McDavid & Draisatl. Chris’ on-ice courage, stealy calm & veteran experience is just a small part of the clutch-time leadership he’ll be able to offer! 

Edited by viking mama

Embellishment?  no kidding.  Petey should have been penalized. Then benched for the next game at least.

Trade deadline is coming. Lets throw the window wide open then, and trade Petey, Hughes, Demko, and all the other floaters.  Can you imagine all the top picks we'd stock up on?  In another 5 or 6 years.....look out!

Tanev was a cancer in the dressing room.  Good riddance.

On 1/29/2024 at 2:21 PM, alt kilgore said:

Embellishment?  no kidding.  Petey should have been penalized. Then benched for the next game at least.

Trade deadline is coming. Lets throw the window wide open then, and trade Petey, Hughes, Demko, and all the other floaters.  Can you imagine all the top picks we'd stock up on?  In another 5 or 6 years.....look out!

Tanev was a cancer in the dressing room.  Good riddance.

Who are you??

Tanev is the best, he’s medication, he’s an anti-cancer! He wasn’t resigned & that’s when the team’s D really went to hell. Toffoli could have been given more respect & love too. Tanev is a heart & soul guy, and Hughes knows it!  Quinn wishes he were already here to share that wealth of knowledge he has about this league’s craftiest players. Tan-man is consistent, reliable, stealy & calm. Logging minutes within a structured team is what Tanev is all about, he’s a textbook guy. If there are injuries on this up & coming D-corps…Chris could be there to help-out with ANY of their young defenseman thrown into the fray…so unlike what we would expect to see from the “chaos giraffe”.

Edited by viking mama

On 2/1/2024 at 1:20 PM, viking mama said:

Who are you??

Tanev is the best, he’s medication, he’s an anti-cancer! He wasn’t resigned & that’s when the team’s D really went to hell. Toffoli could have been given more respect & love too. Tanev is a heart & soul guy, and Hughes knows it!  Quinn wishes he were already here to share that wealth of knowledge he has about this league’s craftiest players. Tan-man is consistent, reliable, stealy & calm. Logging minutes within a structured team is what Tanev is all about, he’s a textbook guy. If there are injuries on this up & coming D-corps…Chris could be there to help-out with ANY of their young defenseman thrown into the fray…so unlike what we would expect to see from the “chaos giraffe”.

I think you are getting me mixed up with my original character who used to haunt this place.  I come from the dark side of the universe.  Kilgore has moved on to that fake new board.

My favorite Canucks are Louie, Own Goal, Eriksson.   Jake, the Rake, Virtanen, and Jeff, the Brabarian, Cowan.  And the greatest GM in Canucks history is Jim, Day to Day, Benning who is soley responsible for the team being in first place today.

Tanev was a greedy plug.  Good riddance.

Edited by alt kilgore

On 2/2/2024 at 11:46 AM, alt kilgore said:

I think you are getting me mixed up with my original character who used to haunt this place.  I come from the dark side of the universe.  Kilgore has moved on to that fake new board.

My favorite Canucks are Louie, Own Goal, Eriksson.   Jake, the Rake, Virtanen, and Jeff, the Brabarian, Cowan.  And the greatest GM in Canucks history is Jim, Day to Day, Benning who is soley responsible for the team being in first place today.

Tanev was a greedy plug.  Good riddance.

Other than being a fan of Louie,…a hard-luck viking but empty-net-time gold…or Jeff Cowan,…yes, your words do seem to be streaming from an  alternate universe. 

Benning may have been a decent talent-scout, but he was a bungler as GM. Socially awkward at every turn, it was pretty clear early on that Jimbo was inept at managing relationships or interacting with people.

Often it’s a mix of intangibles that motivate, fuel & guide teams onto championships, something Benning couldn’t appreciate with his deficiencies. He mismanaged the Nux’s team-chemistry in ways that Allvin appears to be solving. Drafting & keeping “Tuna’ in the fold for as long as he did, was perhaps  his biggest gaff of all…letting Tanev walk away without proper out-reach or discussions, was easily his 2nd. 

Enjoy all of the fire & brimstone in your netherworld! 

Edited by viking mama

Thank you vmama :metal:

Benny the Bungler?.  No he was Benny the Bouncer.  Kicked all the losers off the team like Tanev, Stecher, Tofolli, and brought in our core.  Eriksson, Beagle, and Dickenson!

Edited by alt kilgore
  • Wat 1

• 3 weeks later...

Management and fans are between a rock and a hard place. 

If you push too hard to try to get him to sign now, Petey might get ticked off and not negotiate at the end of the season.

Trade him unless it's a knock your socks off deal, the team could get burned.

PA seems to be treading carefully as he should. I know Petey said he didn't want the contract to be a distraction, but I wonder if that's why his mind seems to be elsewhere? 

• Vintage 1