The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Questions that don't deserve their own threads

-SN-

Didn't think this was worthy of a thread, so here goes.

I recently came down with a case of lace bite on my right foot, right where the top couple laces are. I managed to just grit through it last game, but was looking for ways to alleviate the pain for next game (which is tomorrow). I heard about Peter Taglianetti who used peanut butter in a baggie as padding and it worked wonders, so I thought I'd try that. When I was testing it, I used double ziploc bags, hoping that would be sufficiently strong. However, the top broke and I had peanut butter about 25cm up my leg as a result (none in the skate though). Does anyone know of any strong bags that they might've used for this solution? I'm going to go with a mousepad-padding solution if I can't make this work out. Basically I have a thick, relatively stiff yet padded mousepad, that I cut a hole in the middle of to go over my lace bite area, and it is supposed to spread the pressure to the areas around, but not on the afflicted region. If neither work, anyone have any other good ideas?

I am looking for a web site that has detailed hockey scoresheets and stats that are in a format suitable for importing into a database or spreadsheet (fixed length text, CSV file, .xls format, etc). Does anyone have any recommendations?

Hmm, I guess there is such a thing as a stupid question....

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this question has been asked here or another thread before but my search attempts didn't get me the results I'm seeking.

Can anyone offer a link to a site(s) that gives in depth breakdowns of how various teams have fared against other various teams in past regular seasons and/or playoffs. Example, if I wanted to examine Detroit's record vs. Calgary during the '07-'08 season etc. Thnx in advance for replies.

Archived