The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...?storyID=847190

School District in the US thinking about changing their policy. The policy? Kids are not allowed to walk or bike to school. You HAVE to be driven. :unsure:

Wow, that's ridiculous. I plan when I have children if everyone is so bloody worried about their safety (as opposed to them being fat) to just walk them to school myself. And the traffic jams at shools are so bloody annoying I would just as soon make no stopping zones around them to go with the 30km/h speed limit.

Wow, that's ridiculous. I plan when I have children if everyone is so bloody worried about their safety (as opposed to them being fat) to just walk them to school myself. And the traffic jams at shools are so bloody annoying I would just as soon make no stopping zones around them to go with the 30km/h speed limit.

They have the no stopping zones. I live on the back side of Richmond Secondary and there are no stopping signs but if you drive past there around 8:25-8:45 it can take me up to 10mins to get off my block. Richmond By-law officers are out more this year so it is getting better.

What gets me even more upset is the number of Asian grandparents taking their grandchildren to the elementary school on the other block who force their grandkids to jay walk. What kind of bloody example is that to set? Walk the half block to the corner and cross with the walk lights. I wrote the RCMP, City and the Principal of the school.

They have the no stopping zones. I live on the back side of Richmond Secondary and there are no stopping signs but if you drive past there around 8:25-8:45 it can take me up to 10mins to get off my block. Richmond By-law officers are out more this year so it is getting better.

What gets me even more upset is the number of Asian grandparents taking their grandchildren to the elementary school on the other block who force their grandkids to jay walk. What kind of bloody example is that to set? Walk the half block to the corner and cross with the walk lights. I wrote the RCMP, City and the Principal of the school.

I sure hope you specified that's it's Asian grandparents taking their grandchildren and not just adults taking children. Cause that's an important fact... :rolleyes:

I sure hope you specified that's it's Asian grandparents taking their grandchildren and not just adults taking children. Cause that's an important fact... :rolleyes:

It's Richmond. Why are you so shocked?

But my point is even if the school communicates to the parents and children are the grandparents getting the message? When I go and pickup my daughter sometimes from pre-school the teacher will come out and want to speak to a childs guardian and are met with a blank stare. It is quite obvious that there is a problem.

I remember when living near a school used to be a selling point for a property. Why something can't be worked out to get children to walk to school is beyond me. (Ooops, forgot the awesome combination of laziness and paranoia).

I remember when living near a school used to be a selling point for a property. Why something can't be worked out to get children to walk to school is beyond me. (Ooops, forgot the awesome combination of laziness and paranoia).

That seems to be more true in bigger cities were people trust absolutely nobody

EVERGREEN LINE

http://www.evergreenline.gov.bc.ca/documen...uide_final3.pdf

59009008.png

Up North Road the guideway is in the median - this eliminates the possibility of a Cameron Station (unless it is at a very very high elevation (like at Brentwood) to allow a mezzanine below).

25521933.png

Burquitlam station is at the side of the road which, like the Richmond Canada Line Stations, allows for a lower guideway elevation and smaller station massing. However, I would have preferred to see a portal station in trench at this location.

80742442.png

16928303.png

Passes under Barnet Highway hidden from view.

39973373.png

Allows for Murray Clark Connector to cross above the tracks:

49166434.png

84593147.png

Elevated to cross to the north side of the CP tracks west of Ioco Station:

64071082.png

59931859.png

As mentioned by others before, Coquitlam Central Station will allow a future extension to Port Coquitlam:

16934186.png

Heading up the west side of Pinetree Way - no "bents" (post and lintel supports) shown, so the guideway may look decent.

I can imagine a future Lincoln Station in the foreground of this shot:

55207605.png

Coquitlam Central Station will be located at the Coquitlam transit

exchange site. The Coquitlam transit exchange site is a key

regional transportation hub integrating West Coast Express

service, local and regional bus connections, passenger pickup

and drop-off, and parking. Coquitlam Central Station will also

be designed to accommodate a potential future extension of the

Evergreen Line to Port Coquitlam.

Edited by nitronuts

If they are looking to save money they should just chop it off at coquitlam centre and just take the bus to Douglas College (or walk, it's 1.5k, hardly the boston marathon). In addition to saving money it would also point the trains in the right direction for potential long term extensions to Poco, Pitt Meadows, and Maple Ridge over the bridge that opened today and as far as I know was constructed to be able to accomidate transit.

Sir,Just answer the question.

Sir, just Google your question.

If they are looking to save money they should just chop it off at coquitlam centre and just take the bus to Douglas College (or walk, it's 1.5k, hardly the boston marathon). In addition to saving money it would also point the trains in the right direction for potential long term extensions to Poco, Pitt Meadows, and Maple Ridge over the bridge that opened today and as far as I know was constructed to be able to accomidate transit.

A lot of growth is going to happen in Coquitlam Centre in the future, it deserves two stations...it's not just for Douglas College, albeit there will be quite a bit of ridership from the college.

Coquitlam Station to Douglas College is roughly 1-km, which is the average spacing of most stations for our SkyTrain lines.

If there's an extension in the future to Port Coquitlam/Pitt Meadows, we can simply alternate trains at Coquitlam Centre like how we do now at Columbia and Bridgeport.