The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

It's not my fault i seem like an arrogant prick. It's not my fault that you have the intelligences of a mole rat.

According to your logic. Being tops in a "Prospects" Combine means that the player has developed enough that he doesn't have to work on his strength.....

That makes absolutely no sense.

We are talking about the NHL here, not some junior or minor league level hockey. Most prospects/players don't fill up until there in their 20s.

Do yourself a favor and do some research since common sense doesn't apply to you. That means, you have to work extra harder.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/developing Developing is the key word there...Do yourself a favour and go back to school.

I've read through 2 threads in the last 5min to keep myself up to date on our prospects (Rai & now Schroeder) and I got to say, Rey you have been spewing complete garbage in both of them with the ignorance and stupidity escalating with every post. I think you are one of those people who fit my *No Keyboard Policy*, it's where one would be better off without a keyboard and only have access to a mouse...this way the entire viewing experience for yourself and others ( people on the receiving end of your stress relief exercises = being an idiot) would be much more enjoyable. In the case you feel the need to perform your SRE's you would have no choice but to do so on your immediate surroundings ie: screaming at the monitor, bashing your fist through drywall etc. Now I know you will undoubtedly feel the uncontrollable urge to comeback with some SRE, it's OK I will not get upset, I understand what you are going through so exercise away my friend.

I've read through 2 threads in the last 5min to keep myself up to date on our prospects (Rai & now Schroeder) and I got to say, Rey you have been spewing complete garbage in both of them with the ignorance and stupidity escalating with every post. I think you are one of those people who fit my *No Keyboard Policy*, it's where one would be better off without a keyboard and only have access to a mouse...this way the entire viewing experience for yourself and others ( people on the receiving end of your stress relief exercises = being an idiot) would be much more enjoyable. In the case you feel the need to perform your SRE's you would have no choice but to do so on your immediate surroundings ie: screaming at the monitor, bashing your fist through drywall etc. Now I know you will undoubtedly feel the uncontrollable urge to comeback with some SRE, it's OK I will not get upset, I understand what you are going through so exercise away my friend.

HAHA, good call dude! Love it!

On a side note, I think The 40 Year Old Virgin Rey just needs to get laid already, wouldn't have so much stress over something that should really mean a lot less in life than he is making it out to be.

Stress? Funny. Notice that this is a message board and we type everything. If you interpret stress, it's because you are weak. Go take a psychology class.

HAHA, good call dude! Love it!

On a side note, I think The 40 Year Old Virgin Rey just needs to get laid already, wouldn't have so much stress over something that should really mean a lot less in life than he is making it out to be.

I find this quote hilarious.

Well, first of all. I'm not 40 and second of all. I bet you that i get more women than you do.

I find it sad, that people have to try and take their frustrations and turn the corner to try to turn it into insults. If you wanted to prove a point, why don't you do what your suppose to in a hockey forum and talk hockey. Unfortunately, you have no idea. Intelligence doesn't apply to you.

No. You went out and made a wild a$$ claim that Gillis asked Schroeder to quit college and play for Everett, when in reality, you were projecting your own beliefs and making it sound like Gillis was backing you up with stuff he *never* said.

I simply called you out for lying. You lied, therefore you are a liar and shall be treated as such.

You can certainly have an opinion on college hockey development, but that's not the argument here.

You made the claim that Gillis said something that he *never* said and were unable to back that up with facts. That sir, is lying.

I had no problem with your opinion, but I do have a problem with blatant falsehoods used to back up your opinion.

I called you on your bull$crap and now you're getting pissed at me for doing so. Take your beating like a man and either STFU or apologize for lying.

Doesn't the fact that Gillis even suggested that Schroeder leave college to joing the Silvertips infer that he thinks that Minnesota isn't the best place for Jordan to develop? If he was happy with the system he was in, he wouldn't have even given him that choice. He didn't have to openly ask Schroeder to quit college in order for it to be fairly obvious that it was his preference for him to play in the WHL.

Edit: can you guys quit bitching at each other, or take it to PM? You're starting to get way more annoying than wetcoaster ever was.

Doesn't the fact that Gillis even suggested that Schroeder leave college to joing the Silvertips infer that he thinks that Minnesota isn't the best place for Jordan to develop? If he was happy with the system he was in, he wouldn't have even given him that choice. He didn't have to openly ask Schroeder to quit college in order for it to be fairly obvious that it was his preference for him to play in the WHL.

Edit: can you guys quit bitching at each other, or take it to PM? You're starting to get way more annoying than wetcoaster ever was.

What "fact" is this?

When did Gillis say this?

Show me a newspaper article, an interview clip or anything that proves he said this.

What you've done is no better than the other guy.

You can't claim something is a fact without backing it up with proof. What makes this a "fact"?

I'm not saying that Gillis wouldn't say that, but I have my doubts he would say that publicly. If someone, anyone, can show me an article or sound bite where he says this, I'd be happy to apologize.

But people need to stop putting words into people's mouths and claiming them as facts without proof that this person said this.

And don't come out and say "he said it over the summer or in training camp". Its not hard to dig up the articles to back it up with a bit of effort.

Let me give you an example of what this type of "fact" reporting can end up...

Its a fact that Mike Gillis has signed Ryan Kesler to a 15 year, $35M contract. With $30M being paid in the first 10 years. Works out to about a $2.3M cap hit.

I've now made a claim that this is a fact, but in truth, it is not as I have no corroborating evidence as to its veracity. This is a lie and by saying this, I would be a liar.

This is no different than what you and the other poster have done. You've claimed something as a fact with no corroboration. Therefore it is a lie until proven otherwise.

There were a LOT of rumors on the subject, but nothing was ever said as fact. this is the closest to any confirmation:

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2009/08/21/jordan-...ucks-whl-rumor/

From that article all we can tell is that schroder's future was discussed with the canucks at one point. there was never any information about what they talked about or if the canucks asked him to skip this year... that was merely illogical inference.

There is no soundbite or quote coming directly from the horse's mouth in this instance. There is an article which you can use to read between the lines.

Quote from his father “We’ve told [the Canucks] he’s going to go back to school for another year". TOLD THEM. Implies that there was a choice given and a decision made.

Quote from Gilman “Education is an important thing and if he wants to stay for another year of school, that’s a good thing,”. IF. Implies there was a choice given and a decision made.

SOMEONE in the Canucks management (and you have to presume it was MG since he manages the team) must have given him a choice - stay in college, or play for Everett. My point is that if MG/Canucks brass were totally happy with the Minnesota system, they would have just told him to go back there. The fact that they gave him the option to play in the WHL instead infers (to me and many others) that they would have preferred him to play in the WHL, but that it was totally his choice. I don't think it is illogical inference.

It is exactly like the Connaughton situation - Connaughton was given the choice of staying in college or joining the Giants - but instead of deciding for himself he told the press that he'd go wherever the Canucks management told him to play and he ended up playing in the WHL. Even though I don't have a soundbite or quote of MG saying "I would prefer Kevin to play in the WHL rather than in college because we think it will be better for his development", it is a fact that that is what he and his staff decided.

all that you can infer is that the Canucks told him is options, something that is standard, and Schroeder chose university. You cannot infer the Canucks preference in the matter, nor can you infer it based on what happened with Kevin, since those were different schools/programs and they played different rolls on each team/would go to different teams in the WHL. they are not parallel.

all that you can infer is that the Canucks told him is options, something that is standard, and Schroeder chose university. You cannot infer the Canucks preference in the matter, nor can you infer it based on what happened with Kevin, since those were different schools/programs and they played different rolls on each team/would go to different teams in the WHL. they are not parallel.

I'll infer what I like thank you! See that's the beauty of inference. I can infer what I like based on the facts, you can choose not to infer what you like based on the scarcity of facts and both of us can go home happy thinking that we are right. There is a truth to this matter, but none of us know it, and we probably never will.

I actually have no opinion one way or the other about where is best for Schroeder's development. If he's a good enough player and concentrates on working on his deficiencies he will develop just fine wherever he is this year. College has the added benefit of being a shorter season and so he will be able to join the Moose earlier (and him not being subject to any NHL-WHL agreement that would see him stuck in the minors if he can't make the Canucks next season).

I only jumped into the argument because that fella was getting so irate with his "Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!" proclamations that it bugged me.

I'll infer what I like thank you! See that's the beauty of inference. I can infer what I like based on the facts, you can choose not to infer what you like based on the scarcity of facts and both of us can go home happy thinking that we are right. There is a truth to this matter, but none of us know it, and we probably never will.

I actually have no opinion one way or the other about where is best for Schroeder's development. If he's a good enough player and concentrates on working on his deficiencies he will develop just fine wherever he is this year. College has the added benefit of being a shorter season and so he will be able to join the Moose earlier (and him not being subject to any NHL-WHL agreement that would see him stuck in the minors if he can't make the Canucks next season).

I only jumped into the argument because that fella was getting so irate with his "Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!" proclamations that it bugged me.

ok, sorry, I meant you cannot logically infer those things, since there is too much unknown that would need to be invented to follow, logically speaking; but you can infer anything you want, i guess.

And he would have been able to play next year on the moose no matter what, since he was drafted out of the NCAA. He could have played WHL this year and then went to AHL next year with no problem.

I find this quote hilarious.

Well, first of all. I'm not 40 and second of all. I bet you that i get more women than you do.

I find it sad, that people have to try and take their frustrations and turn the corner to try to turn it into insults. If you wanted to prove a point, why don't you do what your suppose to in a hockey forum and talk hockey. Unfortunately, you have no idea. Intelligence doesn't apply to you.

the only reason you said that is because no guy is going to be like "oh yeah man, you get more chicks than me" ...so for all we know, you may not be getting any at all...so I'd keep a comment like that too yourself, it doesn't do you ANY good whatsoever.

Actually, another inference that can be made is that Schroeder, not being Canadian, might very well be eligible to play for the Moose before the age of 20.

I don't know if the restriction is for players *playing* in the CHL or have their rights owned by a CHL team.

I think we'll see Schroeder on the Moose before he is 20.

the only reason you said that is because no guy is going to be like "oh yeah man, you get more chicks than me" ...so for all we know, you may not be getting any at all...so I'd keep a comment like that too yourself, it doesn't do you ANY good whatsoever.

Jordan Schroder thread>? no? Yea! Jordan Schroeder gets more women than both of you!

Archived