#1 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:41 PM

Hey All,

I wanted to make this topic all about the television show "How I Met Your Mother."
Has anyone seen this show? Its so funny! I find it legen...wait for it...dary! :)
I was wondering what your favorite episode, character, quotes, season are. So, I'll go first!

Favorite Episode: It either has to be "Slapsgiving, or Slap Bet"

Favorite Season: Season 3!

Favorite Character: Barney Stinson!( Played by: Neil Patrick Harris )

Favorite Quote: Wayyyy to many! " Legen...wait for it...dary" "SUIT UP!" " Freeze frame high-five!"

Can also talk about anything HIMYM related! Next episode( November 23rd) I heard is "Slapsgiving 2" I am beyond excited to see this episode.

and here's a link for people who do not know what this television show is: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460649/

My favorite part of that Episode. Although, its not the last slap, Marshall still has 2 more to use.

ahmet-maranki-kayisi-yagi.jpg

Previously known as CanucksRuleAll, CRA or Cantaloupe.

RIP RR, LB, PD. Forever in our hearts <3

#2 hank4hire

hank4hire

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

Hey All,

I wanted to make this topic all about the television show "How I Met Your Mother."
Has anyone seen this show? Its so funny! I find it legen...wait for it...dary! Posted Image
I was wondering what your favorite episode, character, quotes, season are. So, I'll go first!

Favorite Episode: It either has to be "Slapsgiving, or Slap Bet"

Favorite Season: Season 3!

Favorite Character: Barney Stinson!( Played by: Neil Patrick Harris )

Favorite Quote: Wayyyy to many! " Legen...wait for it...dary" "SUIT UP!" " Freeze frame high-five!"

Can also talk about anything HIMYM related! Next episode( November 23rd) I heard is "Slapsgiving 2" I am beyond excited to see this episode.

and here's a link for people who do not know what this television show is: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460649/

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
My favorite part of that Episode. Although, its not the last slap, Marshall still has 2 more to use.

The show is almost as awesome as the great Lorenzo von Matterhorn

http://bigbusinessjournal.com/
http://balloonexplorersclub.com/
Posted Image----------------- 33------------------ Posted Image

#3 hank4hire

hank4hire

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:22 PM

Not to mention Robin (Cobie Smulders) is from Vancouver and is a big Canucks fan

Posted Image
Posted Image----------------- 33------------------ Posted Image

#4 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

Not to mention Robin (Cobie Smulders) is from Vancouver and is a big Canucks fan

Posted Image

Yeah thats pretty cool! Mentions Raymond, and wears a Luongo in the episode "Intervention"
Pretty epic.

#5 Scar Tissue

Scar Tissue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:52 PM

my favorite show of all time.

i have seen every epsisode too many times haha.

favorite season would be number 2.

barney by far is the greatest character.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Thanks Tenacious for Jimmy B, in all his majesty.

#6 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:11 PM

I found this on Youtube. Barney Stinson for the win!

#7 Luco_D

Luco_D

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:20 PM

I kinda see it as the Matchbox 20 of Music. Doesn't add anything new to the equation, no original ideas or concepts, but for some reason I still really like it.

I think it must be the actors

#8 23•Qwerty

23•Qwerty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,371 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

My favourite show ;)
Posted Image

#9 froggystyle

froggystyle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

My favourite show by far. Should check out "The Bro Code" book... it's some pretty funny stuff too.

#10 tru-blvr

tru-blvr

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

Love this show! The pencil miracle makes me laugh every damn time!

Not a big fan, but a True Believer
Posted Image

#11 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,038 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:20 PM

It's a great sitcom. It's good to see quality sitcoms making a comeback after Frasier, Friends, etc...ended and all there was for a few years was King of Queens and Two And A Half Men. I love how they make a lot of Canucks references in the show. Not quite as good as the Big Bang Theory though.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#12 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:30 PM

It's a great sitcom. It's good to see quality sitcoms making a comeback after Frasier, Friends, etc...ended and all there was for a few years was King of Queens and Two And A Half Men. I love how they make a lot of Canucks references in the show. Not quite as good as the Big Bang Theory though.

Aah, Big Bang Theory! That's a good show too, I don't think its better than HIMYM. Its close though, very close.

#13 Gabes24

Gabes24

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:06 AM

Great series, had to go through all 4 seasons in 3 weeks cuz I was so addicted. My friend came up with a theory though, in season 3 (I believe) it was seen (by him at least)

Spoiler
Did anyone else notice that?

That Canuck forum isn't even worth the time. It's a huge circle of Kool Aid Drinkers. - STL Board

Posted Image

#14 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:13 AM

They mentioned the 94 cup run and Linden as well recently.
Posted Image

#15 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:46 AM

Currently my favourite show. It's done well to fill my Monday Chuck void. I have to say that Robin and Barney are tied for my favourite character, but I wasn't too fond of them being together. They must be right, their awesomeness canceled eachother out.

#16 #1Luongo06

#1Luongo06

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:39 AM

#17 arshonagon

arshonagon

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:31 AM

Currently my favourite show. It's done well to fill my Monday Chuck void. I have to say that Robin and Barney are tied for my favourite character, but I wasn't too fond of them being together. They must be right, their awesomeness canceled eachother out.

And now, Barney is back.

#18 Gabes24

Gabes24

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:42 AM

So... who watched this season? Show's still going strong, yet has leveled off recently. This season had some funny ones, but also had several mediocre episodes..

But.. the season finale was.... TERRIBLE, frick, how the hell do you end a season like that... i.m.o you're supposed to end a season with a cliffhanger not with a
Spoiler

I thought
Spoiler

I was terribly disapointed, but still can't wait for the next season.

That Canuck forum isn't even worth the time. It's a huge circle of Kool Aid Drinkers. - STL Board

Posted Image

#19 Mithril

Mithril

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:29 PM

The show was good, but this last season has sucked a lot so I stopped watching it. The show just became stale and nonsensical.

#20 turbanator

turbanator

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

I used to love the show, but the last season kinda stunk. It was no longer relevant to the plot. I hope they conclude everything next season because I don`t want them to wreck the show any further.
Posted Image

#21 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,547 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_PIixlTHfQ"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=l_PIixlTHfQ[/url]

haha awesome!

"TED NO! You never break up a girl fight".

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes

cookie.png

#22 Canuck_83

Canuck_83

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

I agree that this season hasn't been as good as previous seasons. But I'm still looking forward to next season.

Maybe it's time to end the show and reveal who the mother is because they can't keep us in the dark forever.

#23 ahzdeen

ahzdeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

I agree that this season hasn't been as good as previous seasons. But I'm still looking forward to next season.

Maybe it's time to end the show and reveal who the mother is because they can't keep us in the dark forever.

I agree. I think it's time to add the mother and then continue on from there. The group is starting to get a little stale.

#24 23•Qwerty

23•Qwerty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,371 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

The Perfect Week episode was amazing.
Posted Image

#25 Vomicillin

Vomicillin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:26 PM

NPH is the reason I watch this show. He's single-handedly keeping this show entertaining for me.

If they're not going to reveal the mother anytime soon, please drop more hints.

I think the last time they mentioned the mother was when Ted went out with Rachel Bilson.

#26 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:35 PM

Yeah, I think that might've been the last time they mentioned the mom. They did do the house thing...which was nice...I guess.

The Wedding Bride episode was honestly really frustrating for me. I felt like whacking Tony over the head with a shovel.

#27 23•Qwerty

23•Qwerty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,371 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

Yeah, I think that might've been the last time they mentioned the mom. They did do the house thing...which was nice...I guess.

The Wedding Bride episode was honestly really frustrating for me. I felt like whacking Tony over the head with a shovel.

I really want to know what the hell the motive for Tony was for making that movie.
Posted Image

#28 ahzdeen

ahzdeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

I really want to know what the hell the motive for Tony was for making that movie.

make himself feel better for stealing a woman off the alter?

#29 M31

M31

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

Posted Image

Not to mention the fact that she's smokin' hot.
Posted Image

“America is the wealthiest nation on Earth, but its people are mainly poor, and poor Americans are urged to hate themselves. To quote the American humorist Kin Hubbard, “It ain’t no disgrace to be poor, but it might as well be”. It is in fact a crime for an American to be poor, even though America is a nation of poor. Every nation has folk traditions of men who were poor but extremely wise and virtuous, and therefore more estimable than anyone with power and gold. No such tales are told by the American poor. They mock themselves and glorify their betters. The meanest eating or drinking establishment, owned by a man who is himself poor, is very likely to have a sign on its wall asking the cruel question: “If you’re so smart, why ain’t you rich?”. There will also be an American flag no larger than a child’s hand glued to a lollipop stick and flying from the cash register.” – Kurt Vonnegut in Slaughterhose 5.

#30 Canuck_83

Canuck_83

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:36 AM

I agree. I think it's time to add the mother and then continue on from there. The group is starting to get a little stale.

Yah. I think they should reveal the mother early next season.

haha... Barney (:wub:) is what makes the group, imo. I think the group would be quite boring without him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.