The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

So I was bored and decided to google other theories on who mom might be. I found this website:

http://blog.timesunion.com/television/how-i-met-your-mother-mrs-mosby-revealed/1533/

Putting in spoilers so I don't get yelled at, even though everyone who doesn't want to know will open this anyways :D

Season 5, Episode 12, and it seems we’ve taken a big step toward discovering the identity of Ted’s future wife on CBS’s “How I Met Your Mother”. Now my longstanding theory on the mystery woman has been this: We’ve seen her already – as long as you’ve watched Season 3, Episode 12, “No Tomorrow”. Don’t recall that one? Here’s the recap of the episode courtesy of cbs.com:

“Ted goes out for a crazy St. Patrick’s Day with Barney, and discovers how much he’s changed. After Ted has what he considers the most legendary night, Marshall replays the messages Ted left on his voice mail when his cell phone accidentally pocket dialed, and after hearing snippets over the course of the night Ted ultimately realizes he was acting like a jerk and he doesn’t want to be that guy. Also, Marshall, Lily and Robin spend the night in Marshall and Lily’s new apartment, only to make their own shocking discovery that the apartment is crooked.”

Okay, so it was the St. Patrick’s Day/Crooked apartment episode. In the scene I’m referring to, Ted and Barney are in a crowded bar and at 13:47 (yes, I’ve done my research) Ted bumps into an attractive woman.

Ted: “Oh, I’m sorry.”

Woman: “That’s okay.”

They smile at each other and then Ted moves on to talk to Barney.

The moment had no influence at all on that episode’s story, but at the end of the show Ted narrates: “I found out years later that your mom was at that party.” Hmmm…

So I purchased S3, E12 from iTunes (all research is self-funded BTW), found the scene and grabbed a few screen captures:

mosby1.jpg

mosby2.jpg

mosby3.jpg

So is that really the future Mrs. Ted Mosby? The actual Mother in “How I Met Your Mother”? The one all the fuss is about? It’s got to be, right? Why include this scene it’s not her? After all, the show has a history of flashing back to past episodes in order to explain current plot twists. Have I, a humble blogger from Albany, uncovered the show’s biggest flashback-twist of all? Possibly. But unless CBS confirms my theory (or issues a cease and desist order) we’ll all have to wait a bit longer to find out for sure.

(That’s her. I KNOW it is.)

I can't multi-quote reply for some reason. But for the posters who replied back about Barney and Nora's wedding. It really has been strongly pointed out that it could be Barney's wedding. I think when Barney meets his father, he might change in some way. It has showed that Barney is sensitive when it comes to his father. His mother even said in episode "The Stinsons" that he needs to stop acting the way he is, or something like that. Then he looked at Robin, and smiled. Its clear that now he is showing emotions for some women. Even if its only for Robin and now Nora. Also, doesn't Punchy live in Ohio, and found his fiance/wife in Ohio? I see no connection on how a girl from Ted's accidental class can be at the wedding. Obviously the writers can write something in, its not impossible to write a story about that. It was just a random thought. I just thought it would make more sense because Nora lives in NY and could have some friends that were in that class. I'm starting to confuse myself a little now :P. Did that make sense to anyone else? Or am I just speaking nonsense? :P

I can't multi-quote reply for some reason. But for the posters who replied back about Barney and Nora's wedding. It really has been strongly pointed out that it could be Barney's wedding. I think when Barney meets his father, he might change in some way. It has showed that Barney is sensitive when it comes to his father. His mother even said in episode "The Stinsons" that he needs to stop acting the way he is, or something like that. Then he looked at Robin, and smiled. Its clear that now he is showing emotions for some women. Even if its only for Robin and now Nora. Also, doesn't Punchy live in Ohio, and found his fiance/wife in Ohio? I see no connection on how a girl from Ted's accidental class can be at the wedding. Obviously the writers can write something in, its not impossible to write a story about that. It was just a random thought. I just thought it would make more sense because Nora lives in NY and could have some friends that were in that class. I'm starting to confuse myself a little now :P. Did that make sense to anyone else? Or am I just speaking nonsense? :P

You put it that way and it makes me think you are right. Also why exactly would Marshall be at Punchy's wedding? It never makes any mention that they are friends just Ted and Punchy.

So I was bored and decided to google other theories on who mom might be. I found this website:

http://blog.timesunion.com/television/how-i-met-your-mother-mrs-mosby-revealed/1533/

Putting in spoilers so I don't get yelled at, even though everyone who doesn't want to know will open this anyways :D

Season 5, Episode 12, and it seems we’ve taken a big step toward discovering the identity of Ted’s future wife on CBS’s “How I Met Your Mother”. Now my longstanding theory on the mystery woman has been this: We’ve seen her already – as long as you’ve watched Season 3, Episode 12, “No Tomorrow”. Don’t recall that one? Here’s the recap of the episode courtesy of cbs.com:

“Ted goes out for a crazy St. Patrick’s Day with Barney, and discovers how much he’s changed. After Ted has what he considers the most legendary night, Marshall replays the messages Ted left on his voice mail when his cell phone accidentally pocket dialed, and after hearing snippets over the course of the night Ted ultimately realizes he was acting like a jerk and he doesn’t want to be that guy. Also, Marshall, Lily and Robin spend the night in Marshall and Lily’s new apartment, only to make their own shocking discovery that the apartment is crooked.”

Okay, so it was the St. Patrick’s Day/Crooked apartment episode. In the scene I’m referring to, Ted and Barney are in a crowded bar and at 13:47 (yes, I’ve done my research) Ted bumps into an attractive woman.

Ted: “Oh, I’m sorry.”

Woman: “That’s okay.”

They smile at each other and then Ted moves on to talk to Barney.

The moment had no influence at all on that episode’s story, but at the end of the show Ted narrates: “I found out years later that your mom was at that party.” Hmmm…

So I purchased S3, E12 from iTunes (all research is self-funded BTW), found the scene and grabbed a few screen captures:

mosby1.jpg

mosby2.jpg

mosby3.jpg

So is that really the future Mrs. Ted Mosby? The actual Mother in “How I Met Your Mother”? The one all the fuss is about? It’s got to be, right? Why include this scene it’s not her? After all, the show has a history of flashing back to past episodes in order to explain current plot twists. Have I, a humble blogger from Albany, uncovered the show’s biggest flashback-twist of all? Possibly. But unless CBS confirms my theory (or issues a cease and desist order) we’ll all have to wait a bit longer to find out for sure.

(That’s her. I KNOW it is.)

Yeah, I've heard that several times too that she can be spotted. But doesn't Ted narrate at the end something that goes like "I found out years later your mom was at that party, *but I'm glad I didn't meet her because she would've thought different of me*.." I'm paraphrasing that part, but I could have sworn it went along the lines of that somewhere..

Maybe shes a student from Ohio studying in New York, or maybe the wedding is in New York instead of Ohio. Maybe she is related/ a friend of Punchy or Punchy's wife.

You put it that way and it makes me think you are right. Also why exactly would Marshall be at Punchy's wedding? It never makes any mention that they are friends just Ted and Punchy.

Marshall and Lily know Punchy a little bit, Lily doesn't seem to like him that much cause it make Ted act like he is in High School, like it was Lily who brought up Punchy into the conversation (I think). He was probably at Ted's and Stella's almost wedding, cause he knew that Ted got left at the alter. Ted's also the best man and if the wedding is in Ohio or New York he probably gets to bring his close friends(not sure if its true but thats how I expect weddings works) cause the 5 of them are usually together so whenever Punchy comes along he probably seems them all together.

Just had a thought. The narrating takes place in 2030. His kids are ~16, which means they will need to wrap it up within 4 years :D

Because you said this How I Met Your Mother will run until 2030 when they will finally reveal the mother.

Because you said this How I Met Your Mother will run until 2030 when they will finally reveal the mother.

Hopefully, but I am pretty sure we'll see her in 4 at most ;)

Could you imagine the fallout if this show gets canceled in the off season and we never meet her ? Kind of like My Name Is Earl. I loved that show, so sad it's gone and was just canceled in the off season with no real end.

I LOVED last night's episode. Barney should've gone inside! I really like how his storyline is going. They need to keep on going with it! I tell ya, its totally going to be Barney's wedding! Barney and Nora are a really cute couple. Love love loved last nights ep. I'm glad they brough back Big Fudge! Haha, I love Marshall's nickname.

I LOVED last night's episode. Barney should've gone inside! I really like how his storyline is going. They need to keep on going with it! I tell ya, its totally going to be Barney's wedding! Barney and Nora are a really cute couple. Love love loved last nights ep. I'm glad they brough back Big Fudge! Haha, I love Marshall's nickname.

wasn't his old name vanilla thunder?

Wait, that's the skee-ball nick name isn't it?

Archived