The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

I really liked that episode. Spoilers I guess...\

-Directing was great. Some real movie-esque shots. Didn't seem low budget at all like Jericho

-Great acting so far

-A bunch of 'Oh Sh**' moments

-When the kid sees his mom and starts to cry is pretty sad. Same for when the dad has the sniper rifle out

-I liked Sarah Wayne Callies in Prison Break, she's a good actress (despite how lame that show got at the end), good to see her in another show

-Zombies look good so far

-Dialogue doesn't seem cheesy or forced like most zombie releted movies/shows

Looking forward to next week! Been telling everyone I know that has AMC to watch it.

The good thing about a tv series is you can actually get to know the survivors, unlike in a 2 hour movie. The father and son survivors brought an emotional level to your typical zombie fare. Seeing him unable to shoot his wife was very powerful. I felt sorry for the horse though.

One thing I don't get is, don't people know how to siphon gas? All you need is a rubber tube, or even a knife to cut the gas line?

I know he was disorientated leaving the hospital, but he didn't bother to look for his clothes?

Or a doctor's gown, or look for a crowbar or something? Even a cane? And what's with leaving the houses with the doors open? What you want the walkers to just shuffle into the house and wait for you to get back?

And why didn't he strap one of those shotguns onto his leg? That way he's got a point defense always with him? He's on a horse it's not like he's walking with it?

Grrrr. :)

The good thing about a tv series is you can actually get to know the survivors, unlike in a 2 hour movie. The father and son survivors brought an emotional level to your typical zombie fare. Seeing him unable to shoot his wife was very powerful. I felt sorry for the horse though.

One thing I don't get is, don't people know how to siphon gas? All you need is a rubber tube, or even a knife to cut the gas line?

I know he was disorientated leaving the hospital, but he didn't bother to look for his clothes?

Or a doctor's gown, or look for a crowbar or something? Even a cane? And what's with leaving the houses with the doors open? What you want the walkers to just shuffle into the house and wait for you to get back?

And why didn't he strap one of those shotguns onto his leg? That way he's got a point defense always with him? He's on a horse it's not like he's walking with it?

Grrrr. :)

If I was in a zombie apocolypse I'd barracade myself in the closest Wal Mart. Lock up all he doors, in there you have tents for sleeping, tons of food, stuff to play with. Even better if it was in the states because they have guns there I believe. Take to the roof and have some target practice.

Archived