Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

The Walking Dead

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
873 replies to this topic

#181 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:51 PM

It's right there with HBO and Showcase for pwnage shows.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#182 Danimal

Danimal

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

I love this show it's like a movie every episode.

Anyone know how many episodes we will be getting?

What's going to happen when the cop meets up with the camp and sees his wife, kid and his best friend all over his wife?

Is there going to be any super zombies, a zombie that is faster and smarter than the rest?
Sig too big dude.

#183 Danimal

Danimal

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

Just seen that AMC has renewed the show for another season 13 episodes
Sig too big dude.

#184 egatti

egatti

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

episode 2 quiz (pretty easy): http://polls.amctv.c...question-1.html

Posted Image
Posted Image

#185 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

episode 2 quiz (pretty easy): http://polls.amctv.c...question-1.html

WOOT! Only one wrong (and it was an easy one, so I guess I still suck! LOL)
Posted Image

#186 Canucks_4_Cup

Canucks_4_Cup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

Different pace in the second episode vs the first, but other than the dead meat coat I liked what I saw. I thought that scene went on for too long though and I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be comical or dramatic. The camp story is pretty uninteresting right now, but I guess you have to have some character development occuring over there.

"That's my sister, you son of a bitch!" Pretty cheesy to me, but a pretty good episode overall.

#187 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:37 AM

did i watch the same episode as you guys who are praising it?

HBO would never air that filth in the second episode. The product placement stunt car driving, the horribly lame dialogue, the contrived "woops, i tripped and the key flew 10 feet into a hole the size of a golf cup" type scenes... the "meat coat" scene was particularly awful. it was like 5 minutes of people say "OOOHHMYGOD THIS IS SOOOO GROSS" between exaggerated sounds effects. why didn't the people just back up, for gods sake. there was absolutely no need for them to be standing there saying "awwwghghh gross!!!" for minutes on end

i'll definitely tune in next week, ONLY under the weight of the first episode. If episode 3 offers the same degree of one-liners and "this is like a second rate action movie" scenes, i definitely won't be back for a episode 4

Edited by glassJAw, 09 November 2010 - 12:39 AM.

marge.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#188 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:09 AM

Holy guacamole!

Guys...television episodes aren't the Sistine Chapel. The show's good, the show's a whole lot better than a lot of other things on TV right now. I trust AMC to deliver a fantastic series.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#189 AL Nite Long

AL Nite Long

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:01 AM

I was stressing out for almost the whole episode.

When Rick and Glenn were trying to get the truck, it made me so nervous!

Right with you there dude. My stomach hurt the entire time cause I knew something would go wrong.

Cable TV shows are so much better the the cop and robbers crap they have on CBS, NBC etc. Like "No ordinary family'???? What a joke. Micheal Chiklis ruled in the Shield.

And for this series already being picked up for a second season is great. People who get it wants to watch cutting edge shows(eg why Conan is so popular amoung talk shows....he gets it)Network TV will continue to push out "shows" like.... NCIS, NCIS Dayton Ohio, NCIS Canada, CSI Alaska etc. My Dad is an Alien, Let's not offend the FCC, Christian Values showcase hour, My mom is my best friend, and NCIS Disneyland. And they will get good rating cause old people are scared to use the remote....or drift off to sleep during them.

Edited by AL Nite Long, 09 November 2010 - 11:02 AM.

Posted Image

#190 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:20 AM

Right with you there dude. My stomach hurt the entire time cause I knew something would go wrong.

Cable TV shows are so much better the the cop and robbers crap they have on CBS, NBC etc. Like "No ordinary family'???? What a joke. Micheal Chiklis ruled in the Shield.

And for this series already being picked up for a second season is great. People who get it wants to watch cutting edge shows(eg why Conan is so popular amoung talk shows....he gets it)Network TV will continue to push out "shows" like.... NCIS, NCIS Dayton Ohio, NCIS Canada, CSI Alaska etc. My Dad is an Alien, Let's not offend the FCC, Christian Values showcase hour, My mom is my best friend, and NCIS Disneyland. And they will get good rating cause old people are scared to use the remote....or drift off to sleep during them.

OR just don't have the option because they lack channels like TBS or AMC (like me). I have to watch it all online.

#191 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

OR just don't have the option because they lack channels like TBS or AMC (like me). I have to watch it all online.

#192 egatti

egatti

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

did i watch the same episode as you guys who are praising it?

HBO would never air that filth in the second episode. The product placement stunt car driving, the horribly lame dialogue, the contrived "woops, i tripped and the key flew 10 feet into a hole the size of a golf cup" type scenes... the "meat coat" scene was particularly awful. it was like 5 minutes of people say "OOOHHMYGOD THIS IS SOOOO GROSS" between exaggerated sounds effects. why didn't the people just back up, for gods sake. there was absolutely no need for them to be standing there saying "awwwghghh gross!!!" for minutes on end

i'll definitely tune in next week, ONLY under the weight of the first episode. If episode 3 offers the same degree of one-liners and "this is like a second rate action movie" scenes, i definitely won't be back for a episode 4

If you read TWD comics you would know that it is the story that steers this ship with a lot of character development, not just cheap thrills and gimmicks. Yes, the 2nd episode played out like a cheesy Zombie flick at times, but the problem with your arguments is that lots of people like that sort of thing (including myself). I wouldn't be too quick to judge this show on a couple of episodes, IMO it will only get better.

ps. that female dog Lori has got to go.

"All I am anymore is a man looking for his ho wife and son"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#193 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:41 AM

3 episodes in is a bit early for a filler episode, I would think. Nothing actually happened (well, except the one inevitable thing.)

ucuxpJV.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#194 egatti

egatti

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:10 AM

3 episodes in is a bit early for a filler episode, I would think. Nothing actually happened (well, except the one inevitable thing.)

Yeah, but what happened to
Spoiler

Why do they have to call the zombies, "geeks"? In the comics they call them roamers (the ones that are walking around) and lurkers (the ones that were dormant until they heard or smelled something).

Posted Image
Posted Image

#195 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:14 AM

Yeah, but what happened to

Spoiler

Why do they have to call the zombies, "geeks"? In the comics they call them roamers (the ones that are walking around) and lurkers (the ones that were dormant until they heard or smelled something).

Yeah I don't quite get that, and sometimes they call em walkers instead of geeks.

Also, I'm finding it hard to like Lori.

#196 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:02 AM

I wonder how long before the zombies start dying off? Maybe a little more than 28 days but some are heading out into the wild where there is more food but as you saw, that one zombie ate an already wounded deer. I doubt many are able to survive in the wilderness.
Posted Image

#197 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:13 AM

Also what about the rest of the world? I am assuming such a virus or whatever responsible could spread fairly fast considering how much travel goes on around the world. There would still be some isolated islands and countries which would get through a zombie infection. North Korea for instance with their little outside contact would most likely not be infected.
Posted Image

#198 Edler

Edler

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:15 AM

The show so far has been amazing. I'm hooked on it :D

I gotta grab some of those comics!
No advertising.

#199 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:22 AM

I found this little gem from a while back.

Posted Image

As we touched on briefly above, if Homo sapiens are good at one thing, it's killing other things. We're so good at it that we've made entire other species cease to exist without even trying. Add to the mix the sheer number of armed rednecks and hunters out there, and the zombies don't even stand a chance. There were over 14 million people hunting with a license in the U.S. in 2004. At a minimum, that's like an armed force the size of the great Los Angeles area.

Remember, the whole reason hunting licenses exist is to limit the number of animals you're allowed to kill, because if you just declared free reign for everybody with a gun, everything in the forest would be dead by sundown. Even the trees would be mounted proudly above the late-arriving hunter's mantles. It's safe to assume that when the game changes from "three deer" to "all the rotting dead people trying to eat us," there will be no shortage of volunteers.

Plus, if we look at zombies as a species, they are pretty much designed for failure. Their main form of reproduction is also their only source of food and their top predator. If they want to eat or reproduce, they have to go toe to toe with their number one predator every single time. That's like having to fight a lion every time you to want to have sex or make a sandwich. Actually, it's worse than that: Most top predators are only armed with teeth and claws, meaning they have to put themselves in harm's way to score a kill. Humans have rifles.

Posted Image
Harm's way is about 4875 feet from the end of this.

The zombies have no choice but to walk into bullets. And all this isn't even counting all the other household hand guns in the world, nor the fact that zombies also have to contend with IEDs, Molotov cocktails, baseball bats, crowbars and cars that the general public will no doubt be using to cull their numbers.

And that's just from the civilian population; counting the military and police, we have another three million or so armed people, and instead of just handguns shotguns and hunting rifles, they have machine guns, combat shotguns, sniper rifles, assault rifles, sub-machine guns, grenade launchers and the occasional taser, not to mention the training to use them effectively. But why would they even bother? When they could just roll over swaths of zombies in tanks, blast them with cluster bombs and MOABs and mow them down with miniguns from the god damn Air Force that every zombie flick seems to forget about.

Posted Image

Read more: http://www.cracked.c...l#ixzz15LT7J68g

Posted Image

#200 HolyRollerNovocaine

HolyRollerNovocaine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:40 AM

After last nights episode it said there was only 3 more episodes left.... wtf?

#201 Bertuzzied

Bertuzzied

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:54 AM

Enjoyed episode 3 much more than 2. Sundays still the best night for t.v. even with East Bound & Down done.

Have to put TWD just behind Boardwalk Empire which made me jump up and say HOLY S*** last night as the episode ended.

#202 egatti

egatti

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:45 PM

After last nights episode it said there was only 3 more episodes left.... wtf?

First season has 6 episodes and the second season has 13, them's the breaks. :(

Posted Image
Posted Image

#203 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

Downloading ep 3 now. can't wait to see it, (and I don't get the problem with ep2, i thought it was good. you guys must have REALLY high expectations.

#204 egatti

egatti

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:02 PM

Downloading ep 3 now. can't wait to see it, (and I don't get the problem with ep2, i thought it was good. you guys must have REALLY high expectations.

We are after-all Canucks fans, and expect are shows to be like are team...

perfect!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#205 Bertuzzied

Bertuzzied

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

When they were making the meat suits in episode two I just couldn't help but think of Shaun of the Dead, just gotta act like a zombie.

Great movie, different genre.

#206 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:52 PM

Makes me consider buying a crossbow for the silent zombie killing. Never thought about the bang of a .357 Magnum might attract more zombies.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#207 CCF4E

CCF4E

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

I thought ep. 2 was great, but IMO i thought episode 3 was better.
Posted Image

Ehrhoff isn't from europe....

#208 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

Makes me consider buying a crossbow for the silent zombie killing. Never thought about the bang of a .357 Magnum might attract more zombies.

honestly, I'd rather go with a composite hunting bow, it's much improved over even the best crossbow, can be loaded faster. It's better than a normal bow too, as once fully drawn you can hold it for hours with minimal effort. crossbows are cool and all, but are less efficient, slower, and more cumbersome. They also have more moving parts so they have a higher propensity to break.

#209 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:13 AM

honestly, I'd rather go with a composite hunting bow, it's much improved over even the best crossbow, can be loaded faster. It's better than a normal bow too, as once fully drawn you can hold it for hours with minimal effort. crossbows are cool and all, but are less efficient, slower, and more cumbersome. They also have more moving parts so they have a higher propensity to break.

I'd rather have a lightsaber.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#210 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,889 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:32 AM

I'd rather have a lightsaber.

well now you're just talking crazy talk. Lazar guns FTW. a never ending supply of ammo, can be charged w/ solar energy (no electricity required), and have a perfect shot from miles away, esp with a good scope. It's the ultimate anti-zombie weapon.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.