The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Red Dead Redemption

Does anyone else's screen freeze when playing this game? My disc isn't scratched and my xbox is fine and other games work great but in a full day of playing the screen freezes like 4 times and i have to restart my xbox.

You're on your way to the RRoD.

so i'm flipping through the guide on my tv and notice that at midnight on fox there's a show called Red Dead Redemption. The description says

"New, a reformed outlaw teams up with some colorful characters in an attempt to take down a former comrade in the fading old west of the early 20th century. Based on the video game of the same name."

They actually made a show about this game? Anyone get to catch the eastern feed of this show?

Just finished this game... and wow. And now for some spoilers.

The ending just had me shocked, when John is peeking through the cracks of the door and saw the army, I was just like... no way. After John got shot up and it shows the grave the 2nd time with Jack looking at it I almost thought that was John, haha. There's a lot of foreshadowing in this game, the cut scene when John is on the train and the woman behind him says something like, "it is hard to tell a loving act from a hateful act and that people are often unfairly punished" or something. The "I Know You" Mission with the accountant guy. He's pretty creepy but there's theories about him being either God/Devil/Death you'll understand after listening/reading the dialogue or if you search online. Also when you talk to Jack when he is reading and John asks him what the book is about, and it says it's about a kid that grows up and goes after the man who killed his father. Doing that mission where you kill Edgar Ross felt nice I guess.

Does anybody else find the gameplay aspect of this game kinda boring ? It's mostly just ride there, kill a bunch of people, done. Don't get me wrong, the game is overall pretty great but i find the missions really boring and easy ... with the auto-aim and having all the enemies show up on the map. Haven't gotten to try online yet but hopefully that's alot of fun. I just find that in most other games, GTA / God of War ... etc, time usually fly's by but with Red Dead for me, i always look at the clock and it feels like it hasent moved.

Does anybody else find the gameplay aspect of this game kinda boring ? It's mostly just ride there, kill a bunch of people, done. Don't get me wrong, the game is overall pretty great but i find the missions really boring and easy ... with the auto-aim and having all the enemies show up on the map. Haven't gotten to try online yet but hopefully that's alot of fun. I just find that in most other games, GTA / God of War ... etc, time usually fly's by but with Red Dead for me, i always look at the clock and it feels like it hasent moved.

Unbelievable game. Just got to Mexico and finally played online for the first time yesterday. I was quick to get to level 9 with my friend cause we had shootouts with the cops and took over hideouts.

MiDAS84 if any of you yella bellied cacksuckers wanna ride with me. Lol, forgive me but this game is killer. I've just been doing single player until I know the whole map, then I'll hit the multi player.... hopefully some of us can ride together.

Someone should start a list in a post so we know eachothers screen names. IE

midastouch84 = MiDAS84

For the Outfit Missions where it tells you to "Search Thieves Landing" or where ever, you have to find a treasure chest somewhere in the area. After you open it, it should save and give you a message saying the Outfit menu has been updated. It took me a while to figure out too, but after i found the first treasure chest it became pretty straightforward.

Archived