The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

got the iphone 4.. sold my bb9700 for 385 LOL... so overpriced..

but got iphoen 4 wihtout plan for 475 believe it or not..

iphone internet speed is definitely faster.

and bout the camera thing. The iphone camera you can put it on silent..

Wow that's creepy.

Not bad though, $90 for an upgrade to the iPhone 4.

I currently use a Curve 8900 without a data plan on Rogers (use the $30 student plan) and I am eligible for a hardware upgrade. I was thinking of getting an iPhone 4 and giving it to my friend for his Bold 9700 (the trackball bugs me sometimes). Unfortunately Rogers makes you sign up for a data plan, which has its own 3 year contract, before they let you do an upgrade.

I've decided to stick with my Curve and not get data. I get wireless at school and I have my laptop with me at school anyways.

So, just a heads up in case you wanted to follow that path.

So I got a Blackberry Bold, and I cannot access the Setup Wizard. It just freezes. The only button I can press is the end call button, and that does me no good. When I hold the button that brings up the things that are running, its there, but I can't click it. It just freezes. Ive tried doing a hard reset, but that didnt work. It all started when I hooked it up to my computer last night to install all the updates. Is there a way I can undo that without losing my contacts? I would be willing to do that.

Just upgraded my Blackberry Bold 9700 to OS 6.0

Very sweet OS and the browser rocks.

Typing this from my os6 9700. Loving the new layout and the tabbed browsing. It does lag a bit sometimes and the lack of a cursor/blue highlight when I go through my bbm/text history annoys me. Other than that, its a decent upgrade from os5.

Typing this from my os6 9700. Loving the new layout and the tabbed browsing. It does lag a bit sometimes and the lack of a cursor/blue highlight when I go through my bbm/text history annoys me. Other than that, its a decent upgrade from os5.

Oooh OS6 is out for the 9700? I'll have to let my brother know. I use a Curve 8900 so I doubt it's compatible but from what I've seen of the OS it looks pretty slick. Any other problems you guys have encountered?

My blackberry adds a +1 to all my numbers. I know how to set the country code to unknown but when I do that, my text messages come in with a +1 and then I don't know who it is texting me. How can I fix this??

I had that problem too, I just did it the easy way, add both numbers (with +1) and without and it worked for me.

PROBLEM. MY BOLD 9000 died a few days ago and looks like I'll have to get a new BB no matter what.. The question now is: Torch or Bold 9780?

I don't think I can go wrong with either one but I'm leaning towards the Bold 9780 since I can get it sooner LOL :towel: having no Blackberry sucks!

• 2 weeks later...

PROBLEM. MY BOLD 9000 died a few days ago and looks like I'll have to get a new BB no matter what.. The question now is: Torch or Bold 9780?

I don't think I can go wrong with either one but I'm leaning towards the Bold 9780 since I can get it sooner LOL :towel: having no Blackberry sucks!

Go for the 9800! Theres no point in moving backwards in technology!!

On that note, has anyone been able to put OS6 on their 9700 yet? :towel:

Go for the 9800! Theres no point in moving backwards in technology!!

On that note, has anyone been able to put OS6 on their 9700 yet? :towel:

There have been 2 OS6 leaks for the 9700 so far. The first had a pretty big memory leak but the 2nd one is a lot better

What are some sites to download os 6 on the blackberry 9700? Because the Blackberry Desktop Manager isn't offering it.

It hasn't been officially released for 9700 so that's why you're not seeing it in BDM. The leaked OS6 should be found on Crackberry.com.

Archived