The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

Same here, what's your impression of it so far?

It's far superior to the blackberry and about par with the iphone imo (iphone 5 pending).

Im happy with my decision. I still miss the keyboard but slowly getting used to touch screen keyboard. I dont miss bbm at all except for the cdc group, some lulz were had

Guest Voucer

In CEO Jim's latest adventure, he sent out a private investigator to analyze the new "Android" phenomenon appearing worldwide. When the PI called him back (with a Blackberry, of course), here's what he said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zdHNGZBNos

Meanwhile, back at Google Headquarters, Larry Page, using Google Translate, had a much different response:

blackberry is on its way down. :( my current phone (bb 9700) will be the last berry i use. Best to switch to android or iphone.

I agree. Have the torch and will wait another 2 years before changing phones. Only good thing about BlackBerry is the BBM. But once Apple gets something similar for their iPhones...it'll be game over for BlackBerry. Sooo many apps for iphone and android compared to BlackBerry.

New BlackBerrys were unveiled yesterday. Torch 9810, Torch 9850/9860 (basically the storm), and the Bold 9930. All on BB OS7.

I have to get one for work soon so I won't be able to wait for the QNX phones. Gah. I'll probably end up with the Bold.

The roundness of the Bold is reminds me of their older models...I like the squarer Bolds (9700, 9780).

I currently have an iphone 3GS, Im thinking about switching to blackberry bold 9780. Should I do it? Is it a good bold?

9780>>>>9700>>>>Torch

Torch=Slow/Bulky personally I never even used the touch screen on it.

The new 9900 Bold looks cool though, I seen a few vide!os of it on youtube, check it out!

I have a Bold 9780, and I love it. A friend of mine who has a Torch is thinking of going to the Bold because she doesn't like how the keyboard slides out.

According to PC Magazine the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 are not a big jump forward:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2384744,00.asp

You may find this helpful as it compares the Bold and the Torch:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9780-review

Here's why RIM is falling behind: They don't build toys. Essentially, the phone manufacturers, save for RIM, have turned their cell phones into toys, copying Apple's iPhone. Too many people these days are distracted by shiny things and act like SHEEP. That's right, I'm calling all of you switching from Blackberry to Android and iPhone SHEEP.

I don't remember the exact article or date, out of the major smartphone platforms, Android users are the most likely to get hacked whereas Blackberry users are the most secure.

I currently have a Bold 9700 which I love, but I'm looking to update because I'm bored and dumb. Trying to decide between the Bold 9900 or the Torch 2. Leaning towards the Torch because I didn't like the size of the original Bold (9000), and the new 9900 is apparently more similar to that than the smaller 9700. I'll have to wait for a hands on try with both phones I guess. Just don't like the whole 'no release date' aspect...don't get the point of it

http://www.themobileindian.com/news/2359_BlackBerry-9900-slated-for-August-11-launch

</h1>

<h1>BlackBerry 9900 slated for August 11 launch

By Rahul Gupta, The Mobile Indian, New Delhi, August 10, 2011

Category: Devices Sub Category: Mobile

BlackBerry Bold 9900 is by far the slimmest handset from Research In Motion. It supports fourth generation or 4G networks with HSPA+ data connectivity.

2359_1.jpg Research In Motion is expected to launch the Blackberry Bold 9900 smartphone on August 11.

The device was earlier expected to be launched in June but due to a delay in the release of BlackBerry Playbook and some other unspecified problems RIM had to postpone the launch.

BlackBerry Bold 9900 is by far the slimmest handset from RIM and it supports fourth generation or 4G networks with HSPA+">HSPA+ data connectivity. The device is powered by a 1.2 GHz processor that operates at almost double the speed of the processors of existing BlackBerry phones.

The device also features 768 MB of RAM that ensures smooth functioning. The new handset will feature 8 GB of onboard memory for storage, along with support for 32 GB of expandable memory via SDHC cards. The operating system has also been totally overhauled. The new Bold Touch handsets will feature BlackBerry OS 7, which gives fast yet reliable performance on most tasks.

As reported earlier by 'The Mobile Indian', BlackBerry will launch a total of seven new handsets for the Indian market and this has been confirmed by Varghese M Thomas, director of corporate communications for RIM in India and SAARC.

The price of the device is expected to be more than Rs 30,000.

I currently have an iphone 3GS, Im thinking about switching to blackberry bold 9780. Should I do it? Is it a good bold?

If you are going to go BB wait till Q1 or Q2 next year when QNX software is released on new phones.

Here's why RIM is falling behind: They don't build toys. Essentially, the phone manufacturers, save for RIM, have turned their cell phones into toys, copying Apple's iPhone. Too many people these days are distracted by shiny things and act like SHEEP. That's right, I'm calling all of you switching from Blackberry to Android and iPhone SHEEP.

I don't remember the exact article or date, out of the major smartphone platforms, Android users are the most likely to get hacked whereas Blackberry users are the most secure.

Thats cause RIM has the best security system by far. Android and Iphone are much more likely to be hacked and Android in particular since alot of apps that go into the market aren't "authorized" like Apple/RIM does and people are morons and don't read what the apps will actually do (ie. send phone call info to a seperate site, etc.)

Archived