The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack Talk

Donky

• 2 weeks later...

It looks to me like he might need one more year in the AHL. People forget how everyone thought Cory Schneider was NHL ready after winning the Baz Bastien award for the AHL's top goalie in the 2008-2009 season. Truth is, he needed one more AHL season of 60 games before he was NHL ready and his NHL numbers in 08-09 (when Luongo was injured) & 09-10 proved as much. Schneider had 136 regular season games & 34 post season games in the A before he made the jump. Lack has had 106 combined (regular & post season) games played so far in the AHL and I don't think 60 more would hurt him if it hasn't hurt Schneider...

• 2 weeks later...

Eddie Lack: Recorded his fourth shutout of the season with a 29-save performance at Oklahoma City on Saturday ... His four whitewashes this year are the most by a Wolves netminder in one season since Kari Lehtonen’s five shutouts in 2004-05 ... Shares fourth in the AHL with a .926 save percentage and ranks seventh in the league with a 2.26 goals-against average in 43 matchups this year (20-19-3)

http://chicagowolves.com/weekly-reports/3042-weekly-press-notes-for-april-9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

just got my 2011-12 UD Artifacts Lack rookie card (436/699). on the back it says "The big-framed goaltender played several seasons in Swedish junior leagues and the Elitserien before playing 2010-11 with the Chicago Wolves, where he was named the the AHL All-Rookie Team"... <_<-_-:sadno:

just got my 2011-12 UD Artifacts Lack rookie card (436/699). on the back it says "The big-framed goaltender played several seasons in Swedish junior leagues and the Elitserien before playing 2010-11 with the Chicago Wolves, where he was named the the AHL All-Rookie Team"... <_<-_-:sadno:

only if they recall and correct it. if all 699 cards have the misprint they stay at the same value. and the odd thing it, it was a rookie redemption card, meaning they JUST printed it out. they had a full season to recognize and correct it. who the hell is proofreading this?

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone answer a question of mine.

Since Lack is a RFA and he might sign in Sweden, does that mean he's not our property anymore?

Or does that mean if he wants to come back to the NHL any team could pick him up?

Archived