The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Yeah. It is.

He plays good, we might not be able to afford resigning him.....he plays like crap, we might not want to resign him.

We're damned if he does and we're damned if he doesn't.....a long term no win situation for those of us who want him back = a catch 22.

Comprende?

the REAL catch 22 - Yossarian doesn't want to fly any more, claiming hes crazy and people who are crazy aren't allowed to fly so he says hes crazy (in order to get out of flying)... unfortunately, sane people don't want to fly and crazy people do, so obviously hes not crazy because he doesn't want to fly, because hes not crazy. So either hes really crazy and will fly because he wants to, or hes sane and will still have to fly anyways. Damned if you do, damned if you dont is an over simplification of what Catch 22 means - but don't feel bad, almost everyone mis-quotes it.

edit: no matter what you do, the same out come is inevitable.

Understand?

the REAL catch 22 - Yossarian doesn't want to fly any more, claiming hes crazy and people who are crazy aren't allowed to fly so he says hes crazy (in order to get out of flying)... unfortunately, sane people don't want to fly and crazy people do, so obviously hes not crazy because he doesn't want to fly, because hes not crazy. So either hes really crazy and will fly because he wants to, or hes sane and will still have to fly anyways. Damned if you do, damned if you dont is an over simplification of what Catch 22 means - but don't feel bad, almost everyone mis-quotes it.

edit: no matter what you do, the same out come is inevitable.

Understand?

The phrase and meaning of Catch 22 has gone beyond the book. You should know that....right off the hop. And because it is a generally used phrase that is linked to a 'no win situation', the user isn't limited to necessarily keep it in the context of the usage and contextual quote from the actual book. The meaning and usages have grown beyond the book, once again. I my usage out as a relevant catch 22 or no win situation for those of us who want bieksa back for the forseeable future. However, we may be in a no win situation, speculatively, because it may either not be affordable to bring him back, or it may not be prudent to bring him back.....either way.....those of us who would like to have him back, are in a no win situation. If a no win situation allows that the end is the same no matter what course is taken then, Bieksa not coming back for either reason, may be the inevitability that we who want him back, may have to face, hence for us...it IS a catch 22.

Do YOU understand???? That's a rhetorical question, I don't require an answer, because at this point I don't give a fracking crap what you understand or what you refuse to understand.

Good day sir....have a pleasant tomorrow, in any case.

The phrase and meaning of Catch 22 has gone beyond the book. You should know that....right off the hop. And because it is a generally used phrase that is linked to a 'no win situation', the user isn't limited to necessarily keep it in the context of the usage and contextual quote from the actual book. The meaning and usages have grown beyond the book, once again. I my usage out as a relevant catch 22 or no win situation for those of us who want bieksa back for the forseeable future. However, we may be in a no win situation, speculatively, because it may either not be affordable to bring him back, or it may not be prudent to bring him back.....either way.....those of us who would like to have him back, are in a no win situation. If a no win situation allows that the end is the same no matter what course is taken then, Bieksa not coming back for either reason, may be the inevitability that we who want him back, may have to face, hence for us...it IS a catch 22.

Do YOU understand???? That's a rhetorical question, I don't require an answer, because at this point I don't give a fracking crap what you understand or what you refuse to understand.

Good day sir....have a pleasant tomorrow, in any case.

Welp, 900 other fools have mis-quoted and mis-interpreted what catch 22 actually means, why should I EXPECT you to be any different? My bad.

(No worries, rhetorical question)

Welp, 900 other fools have mis-quoted and mis-interpreted what catch 22 actually means, why should I EXPECT you to be any different? My bad.

(No worries, rhetorical question)

Go start a "catch 22" thread in Off Topic then if it bothers you so much....go enlighten the world in the correct meaning and usage there and stop annoying me, FFS. I just came back from a suspension but I am sorely tempted to go right back on it.

If you have something you want to discuss regarding Bieksa, then great, go for it.....otherwise piss off with your incessant need for attention and desire to stubbornly and tangentially argue about something unrelated.

Go start a "catch 22" thread in Off Topic then if it bothers you so much....go enlighten the world in the correct meaning and usage there and stop annoying me, FFS. I just came back from a suspension but I am sorely tempted to go right back on it.

If you have something you want to discuss regarding Bieksa, then great, go for it.....otherwise piss off with your incessant need for attention and desire to stubbornly and tangentially argue about something unrelated.

You wanted to argue about it, I just said it wasn't a Catch 22. Then you got belittling. You have been re-educated. Go read a book.

I said Good day sir!

I_Said_Good_Day_by_Bardwalker.jpg

Ballard is such a smooth skater, IMO the only thing keeping him from more minutes is BXA's play in the last 2 months.

I'm still not sold on BXA's 'flash in the pan' good play.

His trade value has never been higher. I wouldn't be surprised, even if Salo doesn't re join the team, BXA gets traded.

Why lose him for nothing to FA and MG doesn't overpay.

Aside from the "flash in the pan" comment, there is a valid point here.

Bieksa is exactly the kind of defenseman that teams will be looking for at the deadline. (A little shout out to all the "experts" who claimed that he needed to be traded "right now" at the beginning of the season, before his value plummeted) However, I believe that with the team being a legitimate Cup contender, that MG will retain as many assets as possible and let the chips fall where they may after the season ends.

As far as Ballard goes, I believe you're correct. His limited minutes (and the fact that he's regularly paired with Rome or Alberts) has held him back a bit so far. I think his true value will be seen next season when some contracts come off the books, or, ***touch wood*** if the team loses one of their top 4 to injury.

I believe that Gillis and Gilman are determined to avoid a repeat of last year's Willie Mitchell situation.

I'd rub him down with butter and dab at him with fresh made buns.

I don't know what's more disturbing...the fact that you would do that to another male 'member' of our species....or the fact that I'm picturing Christopher Walken lathering Bieksa up with butter and dabbing him with freshly made buns, and saying in that voice that only he has "Yeow, wow....i hope this is ok with you Kevin, my you are quite the specimen. Kevin did you know, that I am quite the dancer?"

*shudders*

Damn you EOTM.....damn you straight to hell, in a handbasket while wearing a crown of thorns....i'll never be able to look at Kevin or Chris innocently again!

sad.gif

the REAL catch 22 ...[]...no matter what you do, the same out come is inevitable.

He plays good, we might not be able to afford resigning him.....he plays like crap, we might not want to resign him.

In both cases resigning him put the team between a rock and a hard place (just to throw another cliche onto it) = "same out come" = catch 22...by your own definition.

I don't know what's more disturbing...the fact that you would do that to another male 'member' of our species....or the fact that I'm picturing Christopher Walken lathering Bieksa up with butter and dabbing him with freshly made buns, and saying in that voice that only he has "Yeow, wow....i hope this is ok with you Kevin, my you are quite the specimen. Kevin did you know, that I am quite the dancer?"

*shudders*

Damn you EOTM.....damn you straight to hell, in a handbasket while wearing a crown of thorns....i'll never be able to look at Kevin or Chris innocently again!

sad.gif

I smell a piss poor photoshop coming your way.

Do you prefer sour dough or hawt X buns?

Archived