686 replies to this topic

#391 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

With all the injuries, does anyone think he has a shot at the 4th line LW spot?

#392 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

I liked archibald's play a lot but volpatti looked like the guy for the role. that said i am more excited about archie's future than ever. he handled himself against pros and solid AHLers.

#393 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

All you need to do is look at Volpatti vs Winchester and you know who AV will want on his team. Archie will get his chance though. He's a good kid, drafted same year as Schroeder though so he's gonna have to wait.

#394 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

All you need to do is look at Volpatti vs Winchester and you know who AV will want on his team. Archie will get his chance though. He's a good kid, drafted same year as Schroeder though so he's gonna have to wait.

Archibald wasn't drafted the same year as Schroeder, in fact he was never drafted at all. He was signed by the Canucks as an undrafted free agent.

#395 j.olofsson

j.olofsson

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

you forgot about the rematch huh? even so I also vote Volpatti

#396 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Anyone know how this guy is doing?

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#397 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Anyone know how this guy is doing?

He has a primary assist tonight.

Edit: Make that a pair of primary assists. (My guess is off of shots)

Edited by Millerdraft, 01 February 2013 - 07:22 PM.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#398 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

Looking at his Game By Game page... January was a horrible month for him. Pointless and a -3 in 8 games. Hopefully he'll find a way to produce without Schroeder and Kassian there - that line looked pretty good right before the lockout ended.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#399 austy

austy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

He seems to be getting a few points lately, would he be in the running for a call up if any winger injuries this season?

please be gentle with my posts...I am Australian, hockey isnt my first language.

#400 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Archbald was given a chance in fact he's had a couple of chances with Chicago. If I can assume he's given his best then my initial hopes for the guy is fading. If he can't hold down a position in the AHL his chances in the NHL looking pretty slim

#401 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Archbald was given a chance in fact he's had a couple of chances with Chicago. If I can assume he's given his best then my initial hopes for the guy is fading. If he can't hold down a position in the AHL his chances in the NHL looking pretty slim

His first 20 games were bad, and now when he's playing well you say this? He is holding down a position in the AHL, he's having a good season. If you watch the games you can tell he's improved.

edit: first 20 games as in last season.

Edited by wshdrvvn, 13 March 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#402 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Playing well ? 9 goals in 36 games 33PIM's He scored 5 of those goals ( if I recall correctly ) in the first 6 games. He's scored the next 4 goals in the last 30 games, that's hot ? He's 23 years old

How low can we set our target.

#403 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

comparing that output to 20 games with only a goal the season before is difinitely an inmprovement. undrafted prospect who is going to require patience and developement. How high are you setting your standard for a player in those circumstances? Also, his last 4 goals have been since mid february, his season has been up and down but by the end it will be a big jump from where he was last year. and thats all we can ask for.

#404 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

comparing that output to 20 games with only a goal the season before is difinitely an inmprovement. undrafted prospect who is going to require patience and developement. How high are you setting your standard for a player in those circumstances? Also, his last 4 goals have been since mid february, his season has been up and down but by the end it will be a big jump from where he was last year. and thats all we can ask for.

He's not a kid and you can't keep trying to force a situation, you have to know ( that's why we have Pro scouts ) to say enough. He's been better this year than last when he spent the sntire season in the ECHL and he might be doing enough to play in the AHL but he's not showing enough for the NHL. I'll say this I liked what he brought when he was signed, but he can't play the same game in the AHL as he did as an overage junior...intimidation presence. More than most I'd like to see him succeed but to do that at the NHL level first he has to dominate at the AHL level

#405 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Archibald had an apparently awesome game tonight on a line with Schroeder and Davies, hard shot, hard checks, kept pace well and was a force in the offensive end.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#406 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

He's not a kid and you can't keep trying to force a situation, you have to know ( that's why we have Pro scouts ) to say enough. He's been better this year than last when he spent the sntire season in the ECHL and he might be doing enough to play in the AHL but he's not showing enough for the NHL. I'll say this I liked what he brought when he was signed, but he can't play the same game in the AHL as he did as an overage junior...intimidation presence. More than most I'd like to see him succeed but to do that at the NHL level first he has to dominate at the AHL level

in terms of professional athletes, he is still a kid.  And its his 2nd professional season.  They aren't forcing a situation, this is his first year with a place on the team.  Your right saying he can't play the same game as in junior.  And thats the point of playing in the AHL, to develope.  He's working on his game and as with ALL prospects, we'll see how far he can go.  There is no reason at this point to say 'enough'. prospects dont't have to show they are NHL ready as soon as they start playing pro. if they show progress thats all we can really ask for.

Edited by wshdrvvn, 13 March 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#407 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Archibald had an apparently awesome game tonight on a line with Schroeder and Davies, hard shot, hard checks, kept pace well and was a force in the offensive end.

Hey that's great let's hope he doesn't just become a good AHL player like Davies, but I have my doubts. Let's have some honesty here he couldn't make the Chicago team last season, he played in the ECHL, this is his second Pro season only because unlike others he stayed in junior as an overage player. It would be great if he became a genuine power forward, it's what I thought when they signed him. But he has to separate himself from the others including the AHL lifers. I'll say this it will be a tough call

Edited by Fred65, 13 March 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#408 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Darren Archibald@arch2five 3m
Great feeling to be back in Vancouver. Love this city.

Sounds like he's part of the group being called up?

Posted Image

3DS FC: 2664 3135 8148. Feel free to add me!

#409 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Archibald>>Ebbett

Although I haven't been following his defensive game lately. Anyone know how it's been?

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#410 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

He's since deleted the tweet... wonder if he was told to. Although News1130 had already tweeted this much earlier:

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports 7h
2 players flying into Vancouver today to join the #Canucks are Nicklas Jensen and Darren Archibald

...so its not like there's a need for secrecy.

Edited by stonecoldstevebernier, 29 April 2013 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image

3DS FC: 2664 3135 8148. Feel free to add me!

#411 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

He's since deleted the tweet... wonder if he was told to. Although News1130 had already tweeted this much earlier:

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports 7h
2 players flying into Vancouver today to join the #Canucks are Nicklas Jensen and Darren Archibald

...so its not like there's a need for secrecy.

The Canucks probably wanna release the news themselves. But in the age of twitter it's almost impossible to keep this information a secret.

I think it's safe to assume that Schroeder will be flying in shortly too. Vandermeer and Sauve or Polasek as well.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#412 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

awesome, archie hasn't taken a step back since the rough start to his pro career.

#413 BureisBest

BureisBest

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

I think it's safe to assume that Schroeder will be flying in shortly too. Vandermeer and Sauve or Polasek as well.

MG has confirmed Schroeder is being called up for the playoffs on recent 1040 interview
Posted Image

#414 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

His play, just from watching the games, has looked a lot better this year. I like his instincts and hockey sense both with and without the puck and he's established himself as a good prospect. Looking for him to have a big year next year!
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#415 synobyte

synobyte

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Should be replacing Weise next year

#416 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Archie plays LW. If he makes the team I bet it'll be Archibald and Weise on the 4th linr

#417 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

I understand Weise or his agent have big dreams regarding a new contract, not sure if it will include Vcr though. He's a RFA good luck

#418 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

I understand Weise or his agent have big dreams regarding a new contract, not sure if it will include Vcr though. He's a RFA good luck

if we could get any kind of compensation pick for weise, i'm in.

#419 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

Does Archibald still qualify for the Prospects Tourney ? It would be nice to see if he's improved much and can be considered a genuine prospect. The team doesn't need more goons they need more big bodied players that just enjoy mixing it up during the game. A beligerent attitude. The officials ain't calling much any more. The need more than ever for more player who can play that role and still play the game

#420 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,219 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

Does Archibald still qualify for the Prospects Tourney ? It would be nice to see if he's improved much and can be considered a genuine prospect. The team doesn't need more goons they need more big bodied players that just enjoy mixing it up during the game. A beligerent attitude. The officials ain't calling much any more. The need more than ever for more player who can play that role and still play the game

He might be there, he's only attended one, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.