The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Captain Bob

Capcom currently has no plans to release MH3G here. What a stupid move. But I agree it sucks to be an early adopter in this case. I've enjoyed my time with it thus far though so I won't complain.

Nice :) Recently I've been getting repeat tags at Richmond Centre.

it would suck fiercly if they don't release it here, but i guess i'm fine with that since i still don't have a 3ds, though when i do get one i'd like to have it available to me at that time.

Only 3DS RPG I can think of right now is Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked. It's a port of a DS game with added content. Tales of the Abyss will be coming next year but that's another port. There's been a few other RPGs announced but not much is known about them. I hope there's more RPGs for this system :/

So at 8PM PST tomorrow, Nintendo's 3DS conference will be underway. I think they'll talk about the slide pad addon, and new games/apps/updates. Probably won't be a new 3DS model just yet, otherwise people won't buy the current one over the holidays! Unless they're going to release it before December...

Here's what happened today:

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/09/live-blog-nintendo-unveils-plan-to-save-3ds-in-tokyo/

It's live and in progress so click the link if you catch up on the reading.

TOKYO — A second joystick? A new version of Monster Hunter? Can anything make the Nintendo 3DS more appealing to gamers and developers?

Nintendo will attempt to answer that question with a big press conference Tuesday afternoon in Tokyo. Wired.com is here in Japan’s capital city for the Tokyo Game Show later this week, but Nintendo is not allowing any non-Japanese press outlets into the conference. However, it is streaming the Japanese-language conference live today over Ustream.

We’ll be liveblogging it here (in English!) when it begins at noon Japan time (8 p.m. Pacific).

12:00: Looks like things are kicking off with a video of Zelda: Skyward Sword for Wii.

12:01: Shigeru Miyamoto comes out on stage bearing the Zelda sword and shield. He says that this is a 3DS conference, but he’d like to take a little bit of time to introduce Skyward Sword for Wii. It’s been 25 years since the release of the first Zelda game.

12:03: Moves on to talking about Four Swords, upcoming multiplayer Zelda for DSiWare download. And now he’s picking up the sword and shield again to explain Skyward Sword’s MotionPlus-driven realistic swordplay.

12:06: He’s showing a wide range of ways that the buttons and motion control of the MotionPlus controller can be used for very smooth action in Skyward Sword. Wow, he’s really running through a whole range of features very quickly: Items that can be powered up (improving a red potion so it restores more health, etc.), a machine that blows sand around so you can clear it off the floor…

12:10: He closes by talking about how they’re hoping players won’t have to think too hard about the sword play, that it’ll all be muscle memory.

12:11: Big teaser reel of lots of 3DS games that I assume they’ll be talking about in short order. Caught a glimpse of a new Love Plus, so you can have a virtual girlfriend!

12:12: Satoru Iwata takes the stage and says he’s going to talk very briefly first about major new Wii games coming this year. The Dragon Quest collection is coming out the day after tomorrow. Then there’s Just Dance, Go Vacation, Kirby for Wii and the latest Taiko Drum Master. Finally, there’s Skyward Sword in November. In December, there’s Fortune Street for Wii and Mario and Sonic go back to the Olympics. Plus Pokepark 2 towards the end of the year.

12:15: Starting in on Nintendo 3DS now. Nintendo 3DS doesn’t have as many female users as Nintendo’s other platforms, so Nintendo is introducing a “Misty Pink” colored console on October 20.

12:17: Nintendo is planning 3 major classes of upgrades to the Nintendo 3DS soon. It’ll be able to shoot 3D movies, something they’ve been working on since before it came out. They’re going to make major changes to the Street Pass Mii Plaza, and to the eShop, Iwata says. No details just yet on what those changes will be.

12:18: Moves right along to talking about the upcoming Super Mario 3D Land game and Mario Kart 7, two major titles coming within the year in Japan (and the US).

12:19: In addition to this, Iwata says Mario Tennis will be coming in 2012, using the gyro motion sensor. Paper Mario and Luigi’s Mansion 2 videos follow; these games are also slated for a release next year. And (of course) Mario and Sonic at the London Olympics for 3DS.

12:22: Animal Crossing is also coming for 3DS in 2012.

12:24: And a sequel to the popular Japan-only communication game Tomodachi Collection is also on the way. And another Girls Mode (the fashion game released in the US as Style Savvy), in 2012. Lots of content for girls, basically.

12:26: The announcements keep coming. Calchobit is an 8-bit styled online soccer game. There’s a version of the Culdcept card game. A new Fatal Frame with augmented reality features. A new Fire Emblem strategy RPG in 2012.

12:29: Getting special treatment is Dynasty Warriors Versus, a four-player version of the popular Koei action game set in feudal China.

12:31: Square Enix is making a new RPG called Bravely Default, which is possibly the greatest horrible name for a videogame not about heroic bankruptcies.

12:33: A new SD Gundam game will be out this year, by the end of December. And if you are a fan of virtual diva Hatsune Miku, a game featuring her robotic vocal stylings will be available in March 2012. Capcom is still making Resident Evil: Revelations. Bandai Namco is making Ace Combat. Tekken 3D will be out “this winter.”

12:36 — The game I care the most about, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, will also be out this winter. It’s a music game with classic Final Fantasy tunes. Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3 will be out in November.

12:37: Level-5 will release Girls RPG Cinderella Life this year. Konami will release Love Plus this year. Lots of new games actually happening this calendar year, seems to be the big message. Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater this winter.

12:39: Talking up Kid Icarus. But it won’t be out until the first half of next year, Iwata says. There will be some original animation videos for the game which will be shown on the Nintendo Video service.

12:42: Finally, the big one: Showing a video of Monster Hunter on 3DS.

12:44: They’re taking their time on this one, obviously. Tsujimoto from Capcom takes the stage for a handshake photo op with Iwata and explains what’s new about this version of the extremely popular game. It will be out on December 10 in Japan for 5,800 yen.

A lot of that was to make the 3DS appeal more to the Japanese market, and to girls that like pink and stereotypical girl games. Does the pink colour really make more females want to buy the system? All of my handhelds have been either blue or purple. :mellow:

I wonder what the major changes to the Mii Plaza are? I'm intrigued!

A lot of that was to make the 3DS appeal more to the Japanese market, and to girls that like pink and stereotypical girl games. Does the pink colour really make more females want to buy the system? All of my handhelds have been either blue or purple. :mellow:

I wonder what the major changes to the Mii Plaza are? I'm intrigued!

I'm hoping more street pass tag games. I've been done the puzzles and find mii for about 4 months.

He stopped updating the blog about an hour ago. Not sure what happened.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=444629

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/hardwa...pad/index.html

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/hardwa...ies/index.html

Games that are compatible will have this support icon:

icon_accessories04.gif

2011年12月10日

モンスターハンター3(トライ)G Monster Hunter

カプコン

2012年初頭

BIOHAZARD REVELATIONS

カプコン

今冬

METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D

KONAMI

今冬

ACECOMBAT 3D CROSS RUMBLE

バンダイナムコゲームス

2012年

真・三國無双 VS Shin Sangoku Musou Versus

コーエーテクモゲームス

未定

KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance]

スクウェア・エニックス

img_accessories_04.jpg

1500 yen, December 10th. 1 AAA battery required.

I assume they don't require it.

Nintendo's 3DS Facebook page stated that the Mii Plaza will be updated with new challenges. :) Looking forward to that, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing, Thatrhythm Final Fantasy, and Sonic Generations. Also Paper Mario and KH3D, but I have yet to play the original games from those series =_=

But it seems that investors were not too thrilled with Nintendo's presentation. http://www.joystiq.c...g-tgs-showcase/

It seems Japanese investors weren't too thrilled by the presentation Nintendo put together for last night's Tokyo Game Show press conference. Despite revealing a new Mario Tennis, another Monster Hunter title, a firmware update and a different 3DS color, Nintendo's share price dropped to ¥12,290 by the end of trading yesterday -- a five percent day-to-day drop which some investors chalk up to a lineup that doesn't compete with the cheaper offerings of iOS and Android titles.

Speaking to Reuters, Ichiyoshi Investment manager Mitsushige Akino said, "Nintendo succeeded by pulling in people who weren't gamers and their needs now are no longer being filled by Nintendo, they are happy playing games on their mobile phones." We suppose Nintendo could combat further losses by making 3DS games cost 99 cents. Whatever they do, they should do it quickly, as Nintendo's stock has fallen 84 percent from its all time high of ¥70,500 in November 2007.

I would heavily recommend checking out Paper Mario for N64, and the sequel Thousand Year Door for GameCube. I loved those games. Probably my favourite turn based RPG games that I've played (and I've played quite a few of those.) Looking forward to the 3DS version.

Also really looking forward to Resident Evil Revelations... whenever it is that they plan to release it.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought my 3DS was broken last night! I was going to turn it off before going to bed, and the screens didn't turn on when I opened it, yet the power light was still on. Closed it and opened it again, still nothing. Tried to turn it off anyways, nothing happened. Eventually after several attempts, it did turn off. It seemed fine when I turned it on again to test it. I wonder what the problem was?

I thought my 3DS was broken last night! I was going to turn it off before going to bed, and the screens didn't turn on when I opened it, yet the power light was still on. Closed it and opened it again, still nothing. Tried to turn it off anyways, nothing happened. Eventually after several attempts, it did turn off. It seemed fine when I turned it on again to test it. I wonder what the problem was?

Too many street tags.

Yay Super Mario Land 2 is on VC now! Love that game :) I wonder what happened to the Game Gear games that were supposed to be out on VC in the summer? I wanted to play the Sonic games again. Even though I still have the originals in my closet...

Archived