The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Killing

G.K. Chesterton

Yeahh... i had the same feeling about that Detective Holder throughout the pilot. The way he approaches certain situations just makes me uncomfortable sometimes

especially the part when he gives the two girls the joint to find out about "the cage"

. I guess its just his style.... but honestly, until that scene, i just had a really bad feeling about him. When the girls came over from the field, in the back of my head, i was thinking... oh oh this can't be good... Hmm maybe its just me.

Last night's episode, "El Diablo" was very good, I thought, and put my mind at ease that the series was going to remain engaging after an excellent debut, last week.

It's obvious that Kris and Jasper did not commit the murder, as there's no way they identify the killer(s) in the third episode. I also think that it wasn't Rosie in the cage with the two of them either. I think it was Sterling, wearing the same wig that Rosie was wearing. Kris, Jasper and Sterling may have been trying to ruin Rosie's rep, or something like that, and recorded it to distribute around the school (after some editing).

Another thing about the cage crime scene, is that it seemed to me like there were bloody hand prints and other signs of violence in the cage........did anyone think this to? If so, then it's not likely that it was Rosie as she drowned and there was (as far as I know) no signs of violent assault........but maybe I just thought that evidence was there.

I think the killer is going to be someone close to the Larsen family, probably a friend or even a relative. I think it's going to end up being Stan's friend, Belko. According to the bio, on the site, Belko is a "lost boy" who works with Stan and has become like an "uncle" to the kids. I also know that he plays a bigger part in the upcoming episodes.

If you're interested, here's a link to the suspect tracker page on the site for The Killing

good show so far, good acting and camera work,etc.. this show reminded me of the recent murders in the lower mainland similar to the one in the show. Teen goes missing> teen found dead> etc. eerie.

I think a bunch of people will turn out to be involved in the murder and disposal of the body. the car the girl was found in could indicate an effort to malign Richmond..the person behind being the mayor.

the 2 punk kids, the janitor, the school teacher, and the campaign worker that was leaking information..and the mayor.

a lot of teens go "missing" and are reported as such all the time..most dont turn up dead. lots of 'runaway' reports and concerned parents who freak out the second their child doesnt return a call or something.

The only problem with this series is how long can it possibly go on for? It's like Prison Break. Once they break out of prison they scramble to make new story lines. Will it really take them more than 1-1.5 seasons to solve the killing?

The only problem with this series is how long can it possibly go on for? It's like Prison Break. Once they break out of prison they scramble to make new story lines. Will it really take them more than 1-1.5 seasons to solve the killing?

good show so far, good acting and camera work,etc.. this show reminded me of the recent murders in the lower mainland similar to the one in the show. Teen goes missing> teen found dead> etc. eerie.

I think a bunch of people will turn out to be involved in the murder and disposal of the body. the car the girl was found in could indicate an effort to malign Richmond..the person behind being the mayor.

the 2 punk kids, the janitor, the school teacher, and the campaign worker that was leaking information..and the mayor.

• 2 months later...

So it seems just about everybody is ripping the season finale of The Killing. I didn't mind the finale that much, although I thought the rest of the season was better overall. Meh, I guess I'm just not a good critic.

In case people haven't seen the finale yet...

It was too obvious that it was Richmond. From the start of the season he seemed too apparent that it was him.

This is what I think happened. Richmond was probably sleeping with Rosie and something happened that made Rosie nervous. When they got to the gas station, she tried to make a run for it. Richmond, not wanting her to squeal to the authorities, and also worried that she could endanger herself wandering through the forest at 1:30-2 am, pursued her. They said Rosie's foot was torn up from running. I think she might have slipped or fallen into the water and accidentally drowned herself. Richmond comes across her body and wants to try to cover it up as best he can and so he puts the body in the trunk and ditches it in the lake. Meanwhile, Holder is either working with the current mayor or Drexler.

Or maybe I'm just not a good Hardy boy.

Also, the ending, specifically when Belko pulls out the gun, reminded me a lot of the season two finale of 24.

Archived