The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rick Rypien Passes Away

Darcy Rota

Rest in peace, Rick! sad.gif I am not superstitious, but what is going on with our Canucks recently? Bourdon dying tragically, Pyatt's fiancee the same, Manny was at least lucky enough to keep his eye, then these unnecessary riots - and now we have to say goodbye to the Ripper. An inspiring fighter who showed to the world that you needn't be the best hockey player to get recognized and loved by so many Canucks fans. He gave a lot for our team, and this unfortunate incident in Minnesota mustn't overshadow the rest of his promising career. I really hope that this is the end of all the bad news in Canucks nation. Nothing is more saddening than to see someone die so young. I am really shocked right now. mellow.gif

If it was suicide then I really think that We as a society need to do more to help anyone with problems, a lil' "lift me up" can go along way, this is sad..maybe I'm wrong, but if someone 27 yr's old decides to kill himself rather then go with a proper plan then obviously not enough is happening help wise...This is a real big shock to me, Boogard and Rypien fan's get out of our seats with the element they brought, those kind of player's don't come around often.

I'm at a loss at what to say. The tears blur my eyes as I type this- Rick Rypien, You were a man who defended your teammates no matter the size of your opponent. Your loyalty to the team, the fans and the city are legendary. You leave such " Big Skates" to fill and large voids in our hearts. To watch you play was such joy - I think we all can say, that the intensity and zeal on your face made you a fan favourite from the start. I know that whatever was hurting you will be tended to and peace will be yours. Rest well Rick, you have more than earned it.

Very sad...RIP Rick, one of the biggest hearts we got to see play the game in a Canucks jersey these last few years.

Life's too short and you can't save everybody but it's so important that when you know somebody is hurting you take it seriously.

Archived