The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canuck as an alternate third jersey?

bucsfan

Fellow Canuck fans. I personally have never really cared for the orca on front of our jersey. I realize it represents the west coast in a killer whale. I personally feel the new owners in the Aquillini's should bring in Johnny Canuck as a alternate third jersey and/or the primary jersey. The old regime as I refer to like the Province's paper columnist Tony Gallagher once did (Dorca Bay)to me was a FAILURE and so many boneheaded moves! The biggest blunder was trying to rush Gretzky signing a contract here when he was a free agent prior to the Rangers. Wayne wanted to come play here and centre a line with Bure and Mogilny. Can you imagine what that would have been like? The WASTE of signing Messier! Letting Cliff Ronning go for not even a draft pick while Phoenix took him right away. Just stupid boneheaded moves that regime did. Anyways two photos enclosed. One of me wearing a white away Johnny Canuck jersey which I custom made(have a home and away one,and a home blue one. The team wore the Johnny Canuck at a open house practice skills last season so why not? One does not think of a "canuck" as a killer whale. I don't! Team colours are fine and west coast!

These would be final! Home and away! Add VANCOUVER above Johnny,stick logo one shoulder patch,v-head johnny canuck other shoulder patch,done and over with! Or asI stated in OP what would you guys think of it as a alternate third jersey? I think it would kick!

post-61362-13856_thumb.jpg

post-61362-13856_thumb.jpg

No.

And why are you going on ranting about Gretzky, what does that have to do with Orca bay?? In fact, just so you know. A common belief among canucks fans is that they chose the orca as the uniform to symbolize "Orca bay" the company.

When in fact they were almost going to turn it down for that very reason. The Orca was simply chosen because of the strong representation of the north west, which is fine by me. and quite frankly I have grown to like the jerseys as they are.

As for Gretzky. That was a different time... Back when Pat Quin was a coach.

Actually if you think about the "Orca bay" years...They weren't too bad.

They gave you the current playoff entrance song

The Orca C

WCE

And most importantly, the Sedins. Without Orca bay, the canucks would not be where they are right now. So I wouldn't call it failure by any means. I would call it growth.

It was John Mcgaw or whatever Mr. Absentee owner at that time was that basically gave Gretzky a "ultimatum' of sign right bleepin now or go 'f' yourself. Gretzky along with Bure and Mogilny would have been unstoppable! It was a BLUNDER on Pat Quinn(another TOOL who didn't treat players well!)and Orcay Bay to put a gun to his head and sign right awat cause he was going to had the team not been so obnixious to hockeys greatest player!

I agree changing jerseys every 10 minutes is something that should end once and for all in Vancouver.

But the Johnny Canuck logo is the logo we should have had the entire 40 year history and its a logo we should have now and forever.

It is the only graphic that represents a Canuck, it was our jersey logo before we changed it for the NHL and it would rival the Blackhawk logo as one of the best in pro sports. Johnny Canuck in the blue and green would be so classic. The orca is great, but it has nothing to do with the name "Canuck".

On a side note, does anyone else agree the orca would be better with some colour? Like the B/G/W colour scheme in the actual logo itself? And will we ever drop the "Vancouver" print above the logo?!

Archived