The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canuck as an alternate third jersey?

bucsfan

How do you know as to whether or not I am a ticket holder sedinaliens? Perhaps I am one,perhaps I'm not but your comments are stupid. look for me wearing my Johnny Canuck jersey at a home game this year. So maybe quit being such a smarta$$ with your "I'm so good talk"! Put it this way I've had more people telling me my Johnny Canuck jersey looks cool and the team should somehow go with it in some shape or form so stop hating on it. They wore the Jonny Canuck logo on a open to public practice session two seasons ago and it is probably a matter of time before we finally see it in some shape or form. Even Don Cherry,Pratt and Taylor,and other notable sports personalities have stated they'd like to see the team go with their true identity and bring in the Johnny Canuck lumberjack on the front of the jersey. Anyways I won't be coming back to read your dumbass reply back to me so keep shelling out your hard earned dollars to this team of LOSERS with no hope of ever bringing a championship to this city! Until they wear the stupid orca they'll forever be cursed! Adios!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes please! It's the original and the only true Vancouver Canucks crest and jersey. And the Johnny Canuck era Canucks were winners! You know, they actually won championships back then.

I know, I was there and it was fun as hell. Don Cherry was the fans favorite whipping boy one year AND we won the championship. We are talking some kinda fun folks!

That stupid Johnny Canuck logo will make this franchise look like a mickey mouse operation. Please, for the love of god, I hope they don't go for that ugly logo. Why can't they just stay with the whale? We can't have the same ???? logo for 10 years? I don't care if its corporate, or doesn't represent or blah blah but we should stick with it. Do Bruins change their logo every year? Do the Habs or Wings? Just because 10 year old kids on this forum are tired of it or casual fans don't like it, it doesn't mean we need to change it. Hopefully we keep this logo for the next 100 years along with the stick in a rink. NO MORE CHANGES PLEASE!!

How do you know as to whether or not I am a ticket holder sedinaliens? Perhaps I am one,perhaps I'm not but your comments are stupid. look for me wearing my Johnny Canuck jersey at a home game this year. So maybe quit being such a smarta$$ with your "I'm so good talk"! Put it this way I've had more people telling me my Johnny Canuck jersey looks cool and the team should somehow go with it in some shape or form so stop hating on it. They wore the Jonny Canuck logo on a open to public practice session two seasons ago and it is probably a matter of time before we finally see it in some shape or form. Even Don Cherry,Pratt and Taylor,and other notable sports personalities have stated they'd like to see the team go with their true identity and bring in the Johnny Canuck lumberjack on the front of the jersey. Anyways I won't be coming back to read your dumbass reply back to me so keep shelling out your hard earned dollars to this team of LOSERS with no hope of ever bringing a championship to this city! Until they wear the stupid orca they'll forever be cursed! Adios!

The crapping Orca is the WORST logo in the league! I am dead serious...can anyone point to a worse logo in the NHL?

How dumb must the owners be to retain a logo that was designed by previous ownership, to reflect the name of their holding company? The mind just boggles.

The Stick and Rick is timeless and classic and stands up there with the great logos in the league: Detroit, Toronto, Chicago, Boston, NYR. Along with our great color scheme...we have one of the best uniforms in the league.

Johnny Canuck as the alternate would be perfect. Historical and appropriate. This province was built on the logging industry.

Scrap the Orca indeed. Please and asap.

Guest gumballthechewy

How about you ask the players what they think of changing it to some retarded cartoony French-Canadian lumberjack logo?

And why isn't this a poll? Too afraid to see 90+% voted no?

Fellow Canuck fans. I personally have never really cared for the orca on front of our jersey. I realize it represents the west coast in a killer whale. I personally feel.... One does not think of a "canuck" as a killer whale. I don't! Team colours are fine and west coast!

Archived