Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Republican 2012 Presidential Nominee

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
844 replies to this topic

Poll: 2012 Presidential Election (167 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you prefer won the GOP nomination?

1. I hate all Republicans (49 votes [29.34%])

Percentage of vote: 29.34%

2. Ron Paul (81 votes [48.50%])

Percentage of vote: 48.50%

3. Gary Johnson (4 votes [2.40%])

Percentage of vote: 2.40%

4. Michele Bachmann (2 votes [1.20%])

Percentage of vote: 1.20%

5. Rick Perry (3 votes [1.80%])

Percentage of vote: 1.80%

6. Mitt Romney (14 votes [8.38%])

Percentage of vote: 8.38%

7. Rick Santorum (2 votes [1.20%])

Percentage of vote: 1.20%

8. Newt Gingrinch (4 votes [2.40%])

Percentage of vote: 2.40%

9. Tim Pawlenty (1 votes [0.60%])

Percentage of vote: 0.60%

10. John Hunstman (7 votes [4.19%])

Percentage of vote: 4.19%

Who would you prefer won the election?

1. Obama (86 votes [51.50%])

Percentage of vote: 51.50%

2. Republican Candidate (34 votes [20.36%])

Percentage of vote: 20.36%

3. Other (7 votes [4.19%])

Percentage of vote: 4.19%

4. They all suck (40 votes [23.95%])

Percentage of vote: 23.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#811 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

They are still developing and aren't quite as advanced as western nations. However, if you look at Japan, the first Asian economy to really develop, there is not a lot of immigrants from there.

There are plenty of immigrants from Japan. But Japan also has extensive social welfare programs for health care and elder care. Japan is a country where social justice and equality are concepts that resonate with people. His point was that any country where capitalism is bridled with concerns for the less fortunate through social programs is a failure. Japan has some problems to be sure, but they are not a good example of that. Health care is a non-profit exercise there, for example.
Posted Image

LUC BOURDON: FEB 16TH, 1987 - MAY 29TH, 2008

#812 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

There are plenty of immigrants from Japan. But Japan also has extensive social welfare programs for health care and elder care. Japan is a country where social justice and equality are concepts that resonate with people. His point was that any country where capitalism is bridled with concerns for the less fortunate through social programs is a failure. Japan has some problems to be sure, but they are not a good example of that. Health care is a non-profit exercise there, for example.

There is not a lot of immigrants from Japan relative to other countries.

http://www.statcan.g...entImmig_ec.pdf

Japan would be a terrible example to follow considering they have the highest GDP to Debt ratio in the world.
Posted Image

#813 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

There is not a lot of immigrants from Japan relative to other countries.

http://www.statcan.g...entImmig_ec.pdf

Japan would be a terrible example to follow considering they have the highest GDP to Debt ratio in the world.

No but there are a decent number of Japanese people descended from past generations of immigrants living in Canada, and very few go back the other way.

And I didn't advocate following the Japanese model. But what you've said illustrates my point nicely. People flee China in droves because it is an oppressive society where social justice and equality are afterthoughts at best. I was responding specifically to the praise of the "Asian" model by asking if it was so good, why are people so anxious to flee it. And the most salient exception to that point is Japan, which is an eminently more livable country, and it's no coincidence that Japan it's also the country with the strongest sense of social justice. Japan's had its share of issues in recent years (earthquake + tsunami), they are crippled by the tiny geographic size of their country (strictly limiting the diversity of their industry), they are at a disadvantage next to a much more resource rich and ruthless neighbour, and their social structure has led to some very serious problems relating to their social programs. By this I mean that Japanese longevity, combined with a low birth rate, makes elder care very difficult to maintain, while their culture dictates absolute respect and support for the elderly.

But anyone can say they prefer the Chinese model from somewhere else because it balances out better on paper, but once you start living in it it's not so rosy.
Posted Image

#814 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

The latest Poll puts Obama ahead of Romney by 9 points, 51-42 in swing states.

Looks bad for the Republicans. The gap is attributed to women switching their votes to the Democrats.

Serves them right for having extremists candidates like Santorium that is forcing Romney to the right. The daily attacks by the Santorium and Gingrich on Romney is doing the job for the Democrats.

http://www.cbsnews.c...ay-gallup-poll/

GIngrich wants Romney to have a conservative platform. That may be fine for southern states but that would never work nationally.

Edited by DonLever, 02 April 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#815 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Indeed. The fact of the matter is, Barack Obama is far closer to the American political "center" (which is different in each country) than any of the Republican candidates, and the center is where most people tend to be distributed. As much as these guys are trying to frame him as a liberal lefty etc, the fact is that Obama's actually been very wise all along about whose votes he should be trying to get. One of the major issues brought up in the debates and the mud-slinging is the ability of any of the candidates to contrast themselves with Barack Obama. Unfortunately, this plays right into his hands, because Obama has carved himself out a very large chunk of centrist territory, such that to position themselves against him, the Republicans have to swing way right. Santorum was already there to begin with, and Gingrich was too, albeit in a different way. But because only dyed-in-the-wool voters tend to participate in primaries and caucuses, Romney has to shift from his typical previous orientation as a centre-right guy to a far right guy, just to be able to appeal to the base enough to get them to choose him. Romney's faced with a bit of a catch-22: stay where he's always been, which is in a position to grab the fertile territory in the center swing states during general elections, but scare off the people he needs to get him the nomination in the first place, or move into red meat territory to get the nomination, but scare off swing voters (or get labeled a major flip-flopper once the general campaign starts up).

The fact is, the Conservatives are trying to distance themselves as far as they can from Obama because they feel that his bouts of unpopularity could be his undoing, however, I think they've distanced themselves right off a cliff. If the other Republican candidates were smart (which they may be, but not enough to cancel out their gargantuan egos), they'd recognize that if they really want to win in November, they need to have a candidate that can reel in swing states like Ohio, not someone who can dominate in Kansas and Tennessee but get his butt kicked in the states that are actually in question. And that candidate needs to enter the election in good enough shape not to get smoked by Obama. Too late in my view. Obama's dirty laundry has already been aired ad nauseum, and he's rebounding in the polls in spite of it. Whereas the Republicans are already behind, and this is before the Democratic Party has even really had to start in on them.

Edited by Gretzky's Mullet, 02 April 2012 - 04:35 PM.

Posted Image

#816 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Anyone happen to see Maddow on Mitt the Liar? I think Santorum is a better candidate. :sick:

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#817 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

Serves them right for having extremists candidates like Santorium that is forcing Romney to the right. The daily attacks by the Santorium and Gingrich on Romney is doing the job for the Democrats.

Forcing Romney to the right? No, Romney is just a disingenuous bastard who will take whatever position necessary to win the next contest. Many southern states voted first, so of course he became an anti-gay, anti-woman redneck. In the general election, he'll try to back away from that and paint himself as more of a moderate to win over independents. Whatever position it takes to win, and who cares if it's a 180 turn from what he was saying a few months ago. But really, in the end, the only thing Romney follows are corporate interests, not any personal ideology. The guy's one of the most disingenuous tools I've ever seen.

#818 woot

woot

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Forcing Romney to the right? No, Romney is just a disingenuous bastard who will take whatever position necessary to win the next contest. Many southern states voted first, so of course he became an anti-gay, anti-woman redneck. In the general election, he'll try to back away from that and paint himself as more of a moderate to win over independents. Whatever position it takes to win, and who cares if it's a 180 turn from what he was saying a few months ago.

Welcome to the world of populist politics. I could make the same argument about Obama or Gingrich, for sure. The most interesting thing about the primary so far is we have two people; Paul (whom I like very much) and Santorum (whom I detest) who at least believe what they are saying and stick to their guns.

#819 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

.... I thought he would wait until his home state primary... but he was going to lose there and had to save face.

Edited by unbridled_id, 10 April 2012 - 11:23 AM.

"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea.
Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.”

#820 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

They shouldn't even bother with this election, just hand it to Barry and get it over with. This is gonna be worse than 2008.

Excuse the, uhm, "freak". ;)

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

#821 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Actually this is the Repubs to lose as barry is weak..... I know the conga line of freaks on msNbc aka the Obama channel will do what they can to help the man...
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

#822 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

Actually this is the Repubs to lose as barry is weak..... I know the conga line of freaks on msNbc aka the Obama channel will do what they can to help the man...

Never the message, always the messenger.

Posted Image

#823 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

The message is what it is.... totally one sided... Do you watch msnbc, and if you do how often are they critical of this administration and it's policies ?

I do watch....

Edited by unbridled_id, 10 April 2012 - 12:11 PM.

#824 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

The message is what it is.... totally one sided... Do you watch msnbc, and if you do how often are they critical of this administration and it's policies ?

I do watch....

So what you're saying is that Maddow fabricated all the clips of Romney lying? Okay.

I don't have a TV.

Posted Image

#825 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

I am saying that the channel is biased and doesn't inform the viewer regarding what is going on with the present administration... It is beyond a cheerleading section.

Madcow is a joke.... and her ratings back up my opinion... Romney isn't a perfect candidate...but it won't take perfection to beat an empty shell .

Did you sell your tv to fund your "smoking habit" ?

Edited by unbridled_id, 10 April 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#826 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

I am saying that the channel is biased and doesn't inform the viewer regarding what is going on with the present administration... It is beyond a cheerleading section.

Madcow is a joke.... and her ratings back up my opinion... Romney isn't a perfect candidate...but it won't take perfection to beat an empty shell .

Did you sell your tv to fund your "smoking habit" ?

Still focusing on the messenger, I see.

Posted Image

#827 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

You know "Id", it actually would be nice if you'd actually post something of substance for once, maybe with a little bit of supporting evidence. For instance, how you think Romney is so far ahead, when opinion polls across the political spectrum (even including Fox News polls) put Obama well ahead already.
Posted Image

#828 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

With Rick Santorum dropping out of the race, the Republican Nominee will be Milt Romney. Enormous pressure was placed on Rick to drop out so that the divisions within the party would heel and to concentrate their efforts on Obama.

The chance that Romney will defeat Obama are slim and none as evidenced by the current polls which show Obama well ahead of Romney. That could chance but unlikely.

2 reasons why Obama will be elected.

1. Incumbant presidents are almost always re-elected. Since 1932, only 2 elected presidents were defeated by their challengers: Jimmy Carter and George W. Bush. Gerald Ford was never elected.

2. Personality. Obama has it. Milt Romney does not have it. He is accused of being a robot, dull, and often makes insensitive comments. Romney has no connection to the guy in the street.
Lots of people of people don't like Obama because of his policies but like him personally. Remember, people do not always vote for someone because of his politcial views but whether he is charismatic and clearly he is that.

#829 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Still focusing on the messenger, I see.

The messenger is a fool.. I like the martyr cloak you wear, it suits you.

Edited by unbridled_id, 10 April 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#830 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

You know "Id", it actually would be nice if you'd actually post something of substance for once, maybe with a little bit of supporting evidence. For instance, how you think Romney is so far ahead, when opinion polls across the political spectrum (even including Fox News polls) put Obama well ahead already.

Polls are nice guy.... but it is April not November...

What will Obama run on this time guy ? What are his cohorts in the media pushing ? The lack of accomplishments mirror his lack of real world experience.

1. General Mills, the third-biggest food supplier in America, reports that its year-to-year input costs are now between 10 and 11 percent. Inflation on food costs will soon be so high that even Ben Bernanke won’t be able to ignore it.
2. According to the World Bank, the GDP of the United States in 2011 was $14.5 trillion. (That’s the entire output of our economy.)
3. The “official” debt of the U.S. government, as of March 1, 2012, was $15.5 trillion – $1 trillion more than the output of our economy.
4. Unfunded liabilities (Social Security, Medicare, federal pensions, etc.) for the federal government for fiscal year 2011 totaled $50.5 trillion – more than 3 times our total economic production!
5. When you total unfunded liabilities and the national debt, and subtract income from tax revenues, the U.S. was short by more than $60 trillion for fiscal year 2011.
6. Every household in America is on the hook for $513,380 that our government owes.
7. The median net worth of an American is now $6,000.
8. Our national debt has to increase by more than $1 trillion per year to keep up with government spending.
9. The Department of Homeland Security – tasked with policing us here at home – just awarded a contract to ATK to purchase 450,000,000 rounds of .40 caliber ammunition. Our population as of the end of 2011 is approximately 311,591,917. Bullets to citizens ratio = 1.4 to 1.
10. The current U.S. House has proposed 1,523 bills that would increase federal spending, and 122 bills that would decrease federal spending – a difference of 12.5 to 1.
11. The current U.S. Senate has proposed 948 bills that would increase federal spending and 54 bills that would reduce federal spending – a difference of 17.5 to 1.
12. 14.7 percent of Americans are on food stamps.
13. The teen pregnancy rate in America is higher than anywhere else in the world – 22 percent.
14. The population growth rate in America slowed to 0.9 percent in 2011. Future generations will face an even more staggering level of debt to be repaid.
15. Between state and federal taxes, and hidden taxes in consumable goods, every American now forfeits 37 percent of their wealth to government. By comparison, God Himself only asks for a 10 percent tithe from Christians.
16. Total housing activity (home sales, starts and permits) has declined by more than 100 percent in the last 6 years.

#1 Today there are 88 million working age Americans that are not employed and that are not looking for employment. That is an all-time record high.
#2 When Barack Obama was elected, the percentage of unemployed Americans that had been out of work for more than 52 weeks was less than 15%. Today, it is above 30%.
#3 There are 1.2 million fewer jobs in America today than there were when Barack Obama was inaugurated.
#4 When Barack Obama first took office, the number of “long-term unemployed workers” in the United States was approximately 2.6 million. Today, that number is sitting at 5.6 million.
#5 The average duration of unemployment in the United States is hovering close to an all-time record high.
#6 During the Obama administration, worker health insurance costs have risen by 23 percent.
#7 Since Barack Obama has been president, the average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States has increased by 90 percent.
#8 Since Barack Obama has been president, home values in the United States have declined by another 13 percent.
#9 Under Barack Obama, new home sales in the U.S. set a brand new all-time record low in 2009, they set a brand new all-time record low again in 2010, and they set a brand new all-time record low once again during 2011.
#10 Since Barack Obama took office, the number of Americans living in poverty has risen by more than 6 million.
#11 Since Barack Obama entered the White House, the number of Americans on food stamps has increased from 32 million to 46 million.
#12 The amount of money that the federal government gives directly to Americans has increased by 32 percent since Barack Obama entered the White House.
#13 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the percentage of Americans living in “extreme poverty” is now sitting at an all-time high.
#14 When Barack Obama first took office, an ounce of gold was going for about $850. Today an ounce of gold costs more than $1700 an ounce.
#15 Since Barack Obama became president, the size of the U.S. national debt has increased by 44 percent.
#16 During Barack Obama’s first two years in office, the U.S. government added more to the U.S. national debt than the first 100 U.S. Congresses combined.
#17 During the Obama administration, the U.S. government has accumulated more debt than it did from the time that George Washington took office to the time that Bill Clinton took office.
#18 The U.S. national debt has been increasing by an average of more than 4 billion dollars per day since the beginning of the Obama administration.

Edited by unbridled_id, 10 April 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#831 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hey kid..... did you follow Maddow when she was on air america ? She was a failure there too.

Edited by unbridled_id, 10 April 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#832 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

With Rick Santorum dropping out of the race, the Republican Nominee will be Milt Romney. Enormous pressure was placed on Rick to drop out so that the divisions within the party would heel and to concentrate their efforts on Obama.

The chance that Romney will defeat Obama are slim and none as evidenced by the current polls which show Obama well ahead of Romney. That could chance but unlikely.

2 reasons why Obama will be elected.

1. Incumbant presidents are almost always re-elected. Since 1932, only 2 elected presidents were defeated by their challengers: Jimmy Carter and George W. Bush. Gerald Ford was never elected.

2. Personality. Obama has it. Milt Romney does not have it. He is accused of being a robot, dull, and often makes insensitive comments. Romney has no connection to the guy in the street.
Lots of people of people don't like Obama because of his policies but like him personally. Remember, people do not always vote for someone because of his politcial views but whether he is charismatic and clearly he is that.

"personality" in the form of hope and change won it for him in 08... along with "bush fatigue".

He can't run on that now.... and while he does have the advantage being the incumbent I think if the Republicans play their cards right they will knock him off.

Edited by unbridled_id, 10 April 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#833 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

The messenger is a fool.. I like the martyr cloak you wear, it suits you.

Hey kid..... did you follow Maddow when she was on air america ?

:huh: Martyr cloak? I thought we were talking about Maddow?

I don't follow Maddow, just catch the occasional good segment once in a while. From what I've seen, she's got infinitely more integrity than anyone I've seen on Fox, save for good ol' Judge who is no more. Again, I don't watch TV.

Posted Image

#834 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

:huh: Martyr cloak? I thought we were talking about Maddow?

I don't follow Maddow, just catch the occasional good segment once in a while. From what I've seen, she's got infinitely more integrity than anyone I've seen on Fox, save for good ol' Judge who is no more. Again, I don't watch TV.

Why does she have integrity ? Because she is a lefty ?

DId you trade in your tv ? Flat panels are cheap now... and paired with a nice recliner ... sounds like something you should look into.

Edited by unbridled_id, 10 April 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#835 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Why does she have integrity ? Because she is a lefty ?

DId you trade in your tv ? Flat panels are cheap now... and paired with a nice recliner ... sounds like something you should look into.

Ooo, painting me partisan now are we?

Every segment of hers I've seen was corroborated by footage or quotes that weren't taken out of context. I enjoy that.

So I can fill my brain with the same nonsense you do? No thanks. Are you gonna tell me to find Jesus next?

Edited by Scorpio Ego, 10 April 2012 - 02:57 PM.

Posted Image

#836 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Well of course you are partisan.... I didn't say it was a bad thing perse, just that you are on the wrong side and that "your" side will lose this November.

Her ratings suck, and she failed on radio. She conducts herself like a college girl....everything couched in irony with the strange head twists....very immature. I have yet to see their "primetime" lineup run a segment that did anything but lick the administrations shoes. Remember Matthews with the thrill up his leg...wow. Their coverage of the 08' election was an embarrassement and she was part of that "team".

MSnbc does tarnish the NBC news image...

When did you last own a tv ?

Edited by unbridled_id, 10 April 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#837 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

Well of course you are partisan.... I didn't say it was a bad thing perse, just that you are on the wrong side and that "your" side will lose this November.

Her ratings suck, and she failed on radio. She conducts herself like a college girl....everything couched in irony with the strange head twists....very immature. I have yet to see their "primetime" lineup run a segment that did anything but lick the administrations shoes. Remember Matthews with the thrill up his leg...wow. Their coverage of the 08' election was an embarrassement and she was part of that "team".

MSnbc does tarnish the NBC news image...

When did you last own a tv ?

You need to learn what "partisan" means before you accuse me of being one. My leanings are left, for you probably extreme left (what Obama is accused of being, in other words). I do not support Obama, nor do I support the Democratic Party. They are too far right for me. More than that, I despise the evident corruption that permeates the entire government. To call me a partisan is factually wrong. That's not to say I don't like some of the things Obama has done, but none of it is nearly enough for me to actually support him. That said, when it comes to the Republican party, on top of all that, the propagation of oppressive policies is enough for me to throw support behind anyone who doesn't share that fundamental fault. Frankly, your country is farked and you're to blame. Enjoy your TV.

Farking NDAA. Ron Paul 2012.

Edited by Scorpio Ego, 10 April 2012 - 03:27 PM.

Posted Image

#838 KoreanHockeyFan

KoreanHockeyFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

You need to learn what "partisan" means before you accuse me of being one. My leanings are left, for you probably extreme left (what Obama is accused of being, in other words). I do not support Obama, nor do I support the Democratic Party. They are too far right for me. More than that, I despise the evident corruption that permeates the entire government. To call me a partisan is factually wrong. That's not to say I don't like some of the things Obama has done, but none of it is nearly enough for me to actually support him. That said, when it comes to the Republican party, on top of all that, the propagation of oppressive policies is enough for me to throw support behind anyone who doesn't share that fundamental fault. Frankly, your country is farked and you're to blame. Enjoy your TV.

This.

#839 woot

woot

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

This.

Ditto.

#840 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

What more could Obama have done and how would it have helped the United States ? How left are you and who do you cite as your influences ?

I do watch some tv and enjoy it... You should get a t.v, twist up and spark up that stuff you smoke, and rest that sore back of yours... The history channel might be an option...or msnbc ?

Edited by unbridled_id, 10 April 2012 - 08:17 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.