You do recognize that essentially all of these issues were caused by the Bush administration right? You know, the guys that put 2 massive wars on their credit cards and had 8 years to screw up the country.
Polls are nice guy.... but it is April not November...
What will Obama run on this time guy ? What are his cohorts in the media pushing ? The lack of accomplishments mirror his lack of real world experience.
1. General Mills, the third-biggest food supplier in America, reports that its year-to-year input costs are now between 10 and 11 percent. Inflation on food costs will soon be so high that even Ben Bernanke won’t be able to ignore it.
2. According to the World Bank, the GDP of the United States in 2011 was $14.5 trillion. (That’s the entire output of our economy.)
3. The “official” debt of the U.S. government, as of March 1, 2012, was $15.5 trillion – $1 trillion more than the output of our economy.
4. Unfunded liabilities (Social Security, Medicare, federal pensions, etc.) for the federal government for fiscal year 2011 totaled $50.5 trillion – more than 3 times our total economic production!
5. When you total unfunded liabilities and the national debt, and subtract income from tax revenues, the U.S. was short by more than $60 trillion for fiscal year 2011.
6. Every household in America is on the hook for $513,380 that our government owes.
7. The median net worth of an American is now $6,000.
8. Our national debt has to increase by more than $1 trillion per year to keep up with government spending.
9. The Department of Homeland Security – tasked with policing us here at home – just awarded a contract to ATK to purchase 450,000,000 rounds of .40 caliber ammunition. Our population as of the end of 2011 is approximately 311,591,917. Bullets to citizens ratio = 1.4 to 1.
10. The current U.S. House has proposed 1,523 bills that would increase federal spending, and 122 bills that would decrease federal spending – a difference of 12.5 to 1.
11. The current U.S. Senate has proposed 948 bills that would increase federal spending and 54 bills that would reduce federal spending – a difference of 17.5 to 1.
12. 14.7 percent of Americans are on food stamps.
13. The teen pregnancy rate in America is higher than anywhere else in the world – 22 percent.
14. The population growth rate in America slowed to 0.9 percent in 2011. Future generations will face an even more staggering level of debt to be repaid.
15. Between state and federal taxes, and hidden taxes in consumable goods, every American now forfeits 37 percent of their wealth to government. By comparison, God Himself only asks for a 10 percent tithe from Christians.
16. Total housing activity (home sales, starts and permits) has declined by more than 100 percent in the last 6 years.
#1 Today there are 88 million working age Americans that are not employed and that are not looking for employment. That is an all-time record high.
#2 When Barack Obama was elected, the percentage of unemployed Americans that had been out of work for more than 52 weeks was less than 15%. Today, it is above 30%.
#3 There are 1.2 million fewer jobs in America today than there were when Barack Obama was inaugurated.
#4 When Barack Obama first took office, the number of “long-term unemployed workers” in the United States was approximately 2.6 million. Today, that number is sitting at 5.6 million.
#5 The average duration of unemployment in the United States is hovering close to an all-time record high.
#6 During the Obama administration, worker health insurance costs have risen by 23 percent.
#7 Since Barack Obama has been president, the average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States has increased by 90 percent.
#8 Since Barack Obama has been president, home values in the United States have declined by another 13 percent.
#9 Under Barack Obama, new home sales in the U.S. set a brand new all-time record low in 2009, they set a brand new all-time record low again in 2010, and they set a brand new all-time record low once again during 2011.
#10 Since Barack Obama took office, the number of Americans living in poverty has risen by more than 6 million.
#11 Since Barack Obama entered the White House, the number of Americans on food stamps has increased from 32 million to 46 million.
#12 The amount of money that the federal government gives directly to Americans has increased by 32 percent since Barack Obama entered the White House.
#13 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the percentage of Americans living in “extreme poverty” is now sitting at an all-time high.
#14 When Barack Obama first took office, an ounce of gold was going for about $850. Today an ounce of gold costs more than $1700 an ounce.
#15 Since Barack Obama became president, the size of the U.S. national debt has increased by 44 percent.
#16 During Barack Obama’s first two years in office, the U.S. government added more to the U.S. national debt than the first 100 U.S. Congresses combined.
#17 During the Obama administration, the U.S. government has accumulated more debt than it did from the time that George Washington took office to the time that Bill Clinton took office.
#18 The U.S. national debt has been increasing by an average of more than 4 billion dollars per day since the beginning of the Obama administration.
However, instead of refuting all of your points individually, I can give you a nice logical answer. Yes, it is April and the real poll takes place in November. However, all of the "facts" that you have pointed out are completely available to the American public now, and they still prefer Obama by a wide margin. Anything people can throw at Obama has already been thrown ad nauseum, and he's way ahead in popularity.
Indeed, the Republicons might now have 4 years worth of Obama's record to pick at whereas before, he was coming in fresh and without too many talking points against him. However, the Republicons have also spent the last year waging war against women, non-religious people, minorities, the middle class and poor, unions, science, immigrants, the environment and, quite frankly, common sense. McCain had George W. Bush and Sarah Palin for baggage, but Romney has himself and the last few years of Republican BS. McCain was also a war hero and ex-POW, and came across as someone many people in the center actually trusted, the kind of wholesome American image that Romney couldn't craft himself if he had a thousand years. Obama is not a leftist. Obama is right in the middle of the political spectrum, and that's a big reason why he will win.
Edited by Gretzky's Mullet, 10 April 2012 - 09:01 PM.