The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

remember THE GOALIE GRAVEYARD days

shawn antoski

Guys-Luongo is a great goalie. Why hasn't he been doing so well lately? Is it because of a mental breakdown? If so, we as Canucks fans should SUPPORT him, not insult him. Don't you want Lou to get better? We as the Canucks fans can greatly impact our team. Canucks fans should stick with their team from beginning to end. And right now, Luongo needs a good confidence boost.

I agree, that fans are partly to be blamed for this. But he's a goalie, he KNOWS that he's always going to be in the spotlight. If he didn't like it, maybe he should've chosen a different position.

He cracked under the pressure, and now became a headcase. It's about mental toughness. Successful teams, successful people, will need this in life. It's not just one person. Our whole TEAM lacks mental toughness. But the goalie should be the strongest in this aspect of the game because he's the last line of defense. He's the general. Your general falls, your unit crumbles with it.

It's just sad that we are even comparing him with the likes of said list....this shouldn't even have come up in discussions, and yet, here we are.

Guys-Luongo is a great goalie. Why hasn't he been doing so well lately? Is it because of a mental breakdown? If so, we as Canucks fans should SUPPORT him, not insult him. Don't you want Lou to get better? We as the Canucks fans can greatly impact our team. Canucks fans should stick with their team from beginning to end. And right now, Luongo needs a good confidence boost.

I agree, that fans are partly to be blamed for this. But he's a goalie, he KNOWS that he's always going to be in the spotlight. If he didn't like it, maybe he should've chosen a different position.

He cracked under the pressure, and now became a headcase. It's about mental toughness. Successful teams, successful people, will need this in life. It's not just one person. Our whole TEAM lacks mental toughness. But the goalie should be the strongest in this aspect of the game because he's the last line of defense. He's the general. Your general falls, your unit crumbles with it.

It's just sad that we are even comparing him with the likes of said list....this shouldn't even have come up in discussions, and yet, here we are.

hey luongo haters remember these guys

Dan Cloutier

Félix Potvin

Kevin Weekes

Sean Burke

Alex Auld

Bob Essensa

Johan Hedberg

Corey Hirsch

Arturs Irbe

Mika Noronen

Maxime Ouellet

Garth Snow

Kay Whitmore

bunch on ungrateful fans are dumping on luongo

hes is the elite goaltender that we were crying about for so many years

nonis made the biggest trade in canucks history

LUONGO IS A GOD ...... VANCOUVER went from a GOALIE GRAVE YARD to a GOALIE HEAVEN

and those fans at the game, only time they made any kind of noise at all was to hate on luuuu

HOW BOUT CHEERING DURING THE GAME WHEN UR DOWN AND GETTING BEHIND UR TEAM, instead of eating sushi in ur company seats

and to all the people saying trade luuuu .....ok fine lets say it happens

schnieder and lack combo means the canucks will still lack a cup at the end of the year

hey...cloutier and essensa were pretty good.

cloutier was loved by all until lidstrom blasted one from center ice. people forget cloutier had 3 30 win season and held some shutout record before luongo...playing on a not so strong defensive canuck team.

cloutier only got the reputation of a bad goalie after that one goal...luongo gets his bad rep after blowing it against chicago twice (almost 3) and boston.

Kirk McLean wasn't THAT good. Good playoff goaltender who was pretty clutch and had one amazing run but it's not like he was a superstar goalie. Luongo is a much better goaltender. And if you want to talk about what McLean did for this team versus what Luongo did, what game did Kirk lose in again? And I'm a huge McLean fan ps.

Luongo has brought more to this team than any goaltender in the past ever has. Guys like Richard Brodeur and Kirk McLean gave this team a lot of great memories...but Luongo has made this team into an regular season force. He's had some bad playoff series, some really bad ones but he's also had some excellent series (Anaheim for example). Everyone needs to stop freaking out. Who actually wasn't expecting this kind of start, honestly? Pull your head outta yer arse

<br />Guys-Luongo is a great goalie. Why hasn't he been doing so well lately? Is it because of a mental breakdown? If so, we as Canucks fans should SUPPORT him, not insult him. Don't you want Lou to get better? We as the Canucks fans can greatly impact our team. Canucks fans should stick with their team from beginning to end. And right now, Luongo needs a good confidence boost.<br />

I couldn't agree with you more. Jeering and criticizing our own goalie will get us nowhere. As fans, we should want him to perform his best every game and this can't happen unless we support him and the team. The true fans should support the team no matter what - even if they are not playing so well.

I for one, support Luongo, & I hope I am not the only one!! I critique his play watching him play, the whole flopping thing & staying down after flopping needs to be changed, & maybe there should be specific practices where he only focuses on breakaway/shootouts. the list could go on but I still support this guy. No way do I want to trade him, not after he had a career year here last year, not after he won the Jennings trophy, or took us to game 7 of the freaking Stanley Cup Finals. It's only October & we supposedly know that, (or people just plain forget), he has rough Octobers. It's only October!! I believe the Canucks when they say they listen only to each other & the organization, & not the armchair critics. I have faith in our team. Our team.

Archived