The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

The DET-STL trade is currently going under review. The same goes for another trade currently in the works between two different teams. Drop the subject at hand and move on.

Bryan McCabe has decided on 4 teams he will be willing to sign to. I'll be providing a PM to those teams involved and they will be required the give a final offer/pitch to the highly touted free agent.

John Madden has decided on 4 teams he will be willing to sign to. I'll be providing a PM to those teams involved and they will be required the give a final offer/pitch to the free agent.

Oshie - 65 PO

Berglund - 70 PO

Perron - 70 PO

Not sure why you're mentioning Hudler and Helm's PO when it's nothing compared to who he gave. Not to mention, I could see near all three of Oshie, Berglund and Perron producing very well when reaching full potential.

Oshie and Perron both also have expiring contracts this year. Think they'll be due for a raise?

Detroit's going to be in tough with that payroll, next season. I've seen the inflationary effects of this league. Both guys will probably realistically demand a 100% raise, maybe more.

There's not telling when or IF those three players will even reach their potential in this sim league, and we don't even know how long the league will last. I was planning to rebuild after this season anyway, so I might as well get a head start by taking what I can get before the league official starts.

Franzen is already at his prime and is already capable of putting up big numbers. The three forwards received have not yet reached theirs, if at all. Helm's rating is perfect for his role as a 3rd line centre even if he doesn't reach his potential.

Signings

Previous

medium.png - The Colorado Avalanche have signed newly acquired prospect C Nick Bjugstad to an entry-level contract worth $2,700,000 over 3 years ($900,000 / year)

medium.png - The Philadelphia Flyers have signed unrestricted free agent D Brent Sopel to a 3-year contract worth $2,625,000 ($875,000 / year) with a full NMC.

medium.png - The Nashville Predators have signed unrestricted free agent LW Alexander Frolov to a 3-year contract worth $9,750,000 ($3,250,000 / year) with a full NTC.

medium.png - The Los Angeles Kings have signed unrestricted free agent RW Steve Bernier to a 2-year contract worth $1,400,000 ($700,000 / year)

medium.png - The Edmonton Oilers have signed unrestricted free agent C Mario Bliznak to a 1-year contract worth $575,000 ($575,000 / year)

medium.png - The Philadelphia Flyers have signed unrestricted free agent G Pascal Leclaire to a 1-year contract worth $750,000 ($750,000 / year)

medium.png - The Phoenix Coyotes have extended a qualifying offer to restricted free agent C Kyle Turris. They have until sim day #41 to negotiate a contract or Kyle Turris will not be eligible to play for the remainder of the season.

medium.png - The Winnipeg Jets have signed unrestricted free agent RW Jean-Pierre Dumont to a 1-year contract worth $2,000,000 ($2,000,000 / year)

medium.png - The Winnipeg Jets have signed unrestricted free agent RW Ashton Rome to a 1-year contract worth $525,000 ($525,000 / year)

medium.png - The Ottawa Senators have signed unrestricted free agent LW Devin DiDiomete to a 1-year contract worth $750,000 ($750,000 / year)

I always love these type of trades. The team that trades the players with the highest potential always seem to say they may never reach it - then why the hell did you trade for them? You obviously traded for their PO, in which they will reach over guys like Helm and Hudler with their amazing 40 PO.

Come on you raped STL, everyone knows it, you know it, so there's not an argument out there that this is an even deal.

Would you go and re-trade TJ Oshie, Patrik Berlund and David Perron for Johan Franzen? I wouldn't - simply because those three add depth, and have high PO.

What's your point?

Isn't that the goal of every GM, in every trade that they enter?

This is the beauty of free trade. Nobody except Rr11 thinks that Rr11 won the trade; but that doesn't mean that Rr11 is wrong. Who's to say that Franzen and/or Hudler don't come on to the Blues and light it up? Remember what Patrice Bergeron did in Schneider's league last year? Who saw that coming?

I traded for depth, as well as because Franzen, Hudler and Helm did not fit into my plans in a rebuild. Out of Oshie/Berglund/Perron, only one of them is in my top-6 anyway. After STL lost in the playoffs last year, they could use a playoff performer in Franzen.

What's your point?

Isn't that the goal of every GM, in every trade that they enter?

This is the beauty of free trade. Nobody except Rr11 thinks that Rr11 won the trade; but that doesn't mean that Rr11 is wrong. Who's to say that Franzen and/or Hudler don't come on to the Blues and light it up? Remember what Patrice Bergeron did in Schneider's league last year? Who saw that coming?

Archived