- Release Date June 14, 20013
- Platform PlayStation 3
- Genre Third-person Survival Action
- Rating Mature
- Developer Naughty Dog
- Publisher Sony Computer Entertainment
- Homepage thelastofus.com
- The story of The Last of Us centers around a modern fungal plague that nearly led mankind to extinction. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons, and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their westward journey across what remains of the United States.
- (Light Spoilers)Spoiler
- Gameplay will be "less linear" than the Uncharted series, even though it will not be open-world. Instead "the exploration will be more important and will have enough weight in the gameplay." As of February 4, it has been revealed that some events pertaining to The Last of Us will take place in Boston, Massachusetts, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Combat in the The Last of Us will be very realistic and strategic. Resources are limited and the lethality of weapons is very high, as in reality. You can't only hide behind cover and wait for your health to regenerate like in Uncharted; rather, "health packs" must be applied to repair damage to Joel or Ellie's health. There will be both guns and melee combat, as well as breakable weapons such as planks and bricks. Part of the gameplay will revolve around scavenging for new items.
- Items are in The Last of Us. Items are objects that Joel and Ellie can utilize to further their survival, combat enemies, replenish their health, and store things in. The groups that items fall under include ammunition, battery, binding, alcohol, blade, sugar, explosive, and canister. All of these item groups contain items that Joel and Ellie can scavenge for, like revolver ammunition, or craft out of simple items, as in the case of the Molotov Cocktail.
- Crafting is a method Joel and Ellie use to create items from simple supplies in The Last of Us.To craft an item from simpler items, Joel must have the required ingredients, open his backpack, and perform the craft. Crafting is chiefly used to make something useful out of multiple useless things, like in the case of the Molotov Cocktail. The ingredients for the Molotov Cocktail can be also used to make a health kit, to heal yourself. The ingredients can be used defensively or offensively. Supplies are grouped into several categories, so oftentimes you will not need a specific item to craft something, rather a generic group of items can be used interchangeably.
- The Last of Us is confirmed to have a multiplayer mode called Factions.
- Overview Decades after the initial Cordyceps outbreak, and the decimation of the population, if you're not infected, then you're left fighting for scraps to survive. Unfortunately for you, there are many others like you fighting for the same limited resources, no matter the cost. However, banding together with other survivors gives you the strength in numbers and a better chance to survive and stay alive. The best and only way to survive is to take the lives of those that seek to take yours. Whether you side with the Fireflies or the Hunters means little. What matters is how hard you try to keep your clan healthy and strong by securing supplies and making it back alive.
- Clan There is a robust clan system where you can recruit survivors into your clan. You can then send them out on missions for supplies, to rescue other survivors, and train to repel or attack Infecteds or Marauders. Clan members can die from attacks, starvation, or sickness. They can also become infected. Members will join your clan depending on the matches you win, the supplies you have and attacks you repel.
- Classes Assault, Sniper, Support, Stealth, Custom
- Survival Skills
Crafting Master allows faster crafting and more efficient use of resources when crafting. Also, allows the player to gift free items to teammates, including molotovs, shivs, bombs, or smoke bombs, when this skill is upgraded.
- Listen Mode Multiplayer will have Listen Mode but its limited to a few seconds.
- Gameplay Modes
You and your team of four survivors must survey the area and find supplies for you and your arsenal. In addition, feed and nourish the sick and unhealthy members of your faction or clan. Each map is designed especially for stealth. Supply chests are out in the open and dangerous to approach without teammates, however it contains supplies vital for you and your clan. All while being met by an enemy team, fighting for the very same supplies.
Survival is the key and teamwork is an optional factor. You must eliminate everyone else until you are left standing at the end of the match. It is a best of seven rounds format and supplies go to the team that wins four of seven rounds by having the last man or woman standing. There's no respawning, but you can buy weapons and ammo between rounds and anything you buy or craft carries with you until the end of the game.
There is a set number of lives both teams have and the first team that reduces the other teams' lives to zero wins. You will continue to respawn until your team's number reaches zero. Between respawns, supplies you collected carry over.
- Gameplay TrailerSpoiler
Edited by Hat Trick Maker, 04 June 2013 - 08:29 PM.