65 replies to this topic

#31 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

What kind of things do they use the back touch screen for??

Oh you know. It'll play out like the six axis or the move. A total failed concept.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#32 Thrill-House

Thrill-House

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:15 AM

I'm going to wait for Final Fantasy X's remake on Vita to come out, and then I'll get the console. Hopefully it'll be cheaper then...

Or I'll wait for an RPG game that I'll like and get it.

Apparently the battery life sucks though.

Whatever happened to all those Japanese RPG games that flooded the PS2 library? The box cover art alone would want me buying them!

Seriously hope the FPS trend goes away soon.
Posted Image

#33 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Whatever happened to all those Japanese RPG games that flooded the PS2 library? The box cover art alone would want me buying them!

Seriously hope the FPS trend goes away soon.

That's one thing I hate about this generation. I want more RPGs. There were so many good ones on the PS2.

Come to think of it, when you think of the PS2 there was tons of amazing games. When you think of this generation, there's not a huge number.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#34 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,593 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

That's one thing I hate about this generation. I want more RPGs. There were so many good ones on the PS2.

Come to think of it, when you think of the PS2 there was tons of amazing games. When you think of this generation, there's not a huge number.

I don't know that I agree with that. Especially with regards to the quality of RPGs.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#35 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

I don't know that I agree with that. Especially with regards to the quality of RPGs.

Yeah, I guess that's just my opinion.

Back in the PS2 days it seemed like all I had to do to know a game was going to be awesome was look at the front and back cover.

Now, I never really trust a game unless I get another opinion. Games get hyped up so much this generation that there is a large fail rate.

Is there any place to rent games anymore besides GameFly? The Rogers Plus' near my house are both closed down and so is the Blockbuster.

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#36 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,593 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

Now, I never really trust a game unless I get another opinion. Games get hyped up so much this generation that there is a large fail rate.

That I totally agree with.

#37 ultraman7k

ultraman7k

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

Yep.

This hand held definitely needs more RPGs. PS1/PS2 was pretty much the golden age for JRPGs.

I played with one briefly at Future Shop. I was pretty impressed at how good the graphics were and the system itself seems pretty solid. Will get one eventually, but it needs more games.
canucks

#38 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,593 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Yep.

This hand held definitely needs more RPGs. PS1/PS2 was pretty much the golden age for JRPGs.

I played with one briefly at Future Shop. I was pretty impressed at how good the graphics were and the system itself seems pretty solid. Will get one eventually, but it needs more games.

If PS2 was the gold age for Japanese RPGs, does that make Super Nintendo's time platinum?

#39 ultraman7k

ultraman7k

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Here's why I consider PS1/PS2 to be the golden age.

In sticking with what was released in North America:

SNES:
Chrono Trigger
FF II (IV) FF III (VI)
Mario RPG
Secret of Mana
Earthbound
Breath of Fire I, II

I really can't think of any other RPGs standing out from the SNES era. Feel free to add.

PS1:
FF VII, VIII, IX
Parasite Eve (not counting 2)
Suikoden II
Lunar Silver Star
Xenogears
SaGa Frontier
Vagrant Story
Tactics Ogre (first iteration to make it in NA, though it was originall released on SNES in Japan)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Tales of Destiny
Grandia
Wild Arms

PS2:
Suikoden III
Final Fantasy X, XII
Dark Cloud
Disgaea
Dragon Warrior VIII
Grandia II
Star Ocean III

I'd say (my personal opinion) that from the SNES era, FF III, Chrono and Secret of Mana take the cake. Those games still hold up in terms of quality today which is a trademark of great games. I was never a big fan of Mario RPG, but I can see why people like it.

For me, I would have to say PS1 provided the MOST entertainment for RPGs, since it took what SNES had going for it and built on it nearly to perfection. Suikoden II is probably the greatest RPG that people haven't played. Such a phenomenal game. I wish they would release it on the PSN already. Then add Final Fantasy Tactics, FF VII, Parasite Eve, Xenogears, Vagrant Story...man Squaresoft really couldn't do any wrong back then. Of course, the clunky graphics of the PS1 don't look as good now a days, but gameplay was fantastic. Most of my favourite console games of all time come from the PS1 era, probably cause those were my teen years haha.

PS2 was ok, but for me it was a downturn in terms of quality of RPGs, but still ok.

Of course my list may be biased.
canucks

#40 Tokasmoka

Tokasmoka

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

Oh i hope you meant Star Ocean 2 because SO3 was just horrid.

#41 sulihpoeht

sulihpoeht

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

It seems pretty cool but the games on it aren't really that appealing...
GO CANUCKS GO!

#42 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

I picked up a Vita the other day, but I don't completely understand this cross platform play. I want to buy MLB 12 which is apparently only 1 of 3 games available for cross platform play. Now they say you only need to buy the game once. My question is, which should I buy it for ? PS3 or Vita ? I am likely going to be playing it on the Vita more often. If I buy it for the vita can I play it on the PS3 just as if I purchased it for the PS3 ?

#43 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

I picked up a Vita and Uncharted last night. The only problem I had was that my L button was squeaking. I found out on online that it's a common issue. Take a screwdriver and loosen the screw behind it and it will make the squeaking stop, if you are having that problem. Other then that. I love it so far.

I picked up a Vita the other day, but I don't completely understand this cross platform play. I want to buy MLB 12 which is apparently only 1 of 3 games available for cross platform play. Now they say you only need to buy the game once. My question is, which should I buy it for ? PS3 or Vita ? I am likely going to be playing it on the Vita more often. If I buy it for the vita can I play it on the PS3 just as if I purchased it for the PS3 ?

If you get it on Vita. You can only play it on the Vita

Edited by CanuckianOne, 25 April 2012 - 09:38 PM.

g3HKFnX.png

#44 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

If you get it on Vita. You can only play it on the Vita

So for cross platform play, it needs to be purchaed on PS3? And then it downloads to the Vita ?

Edit: I think what's confusing me is they keep saying "one price" but I think maybe that's because you could buy the 2 bundled together at launch.

#45 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Right. If you buy the two games together, you can save like 20 bucks. I think it's $79.99 for both copies.

So, you need a PS3 copy, and a Vita copy.

g3HKFnX.png

#46 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Right. If you buy the two games together, you can save like 20 bucks. I think it's $79.99 for both copies.

So, you need a PS3 copy, and a Vita copy.

Thanks.

Bought it for Vita, not sure it's worth buying for PS3 too. Although, I do have a 3D TV and it's 3D compatible, so maybe when the price drops or something.

#47 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

How's the Vita's going, guys?

Still playing it and whatnot?

Just wondering if people are bored of it now or anything. I'm thinking of buying one soonish.

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#48 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Just wondering if people are bored of it now or anything. I'm thinking of buying one soonish.

I'm still a fan, but I've only had it 2 weeks.

I own:

Hot Shots Golf
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
MLB 12

#49 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

I'm going to wait for Final Fantasy X's remake on Vita to come out, and then I'll get the console. Hopefully it'll be cheaper then...

Or I'll wait for an RPG game that I'll like and get it.

Apparently the battery life sucks though.

I am not sure what people are expecting out of batteries short of eternal life, but I played mine for an entire day to test it out and got about 16 hours of play before needing to plug it in.
Posted Image

#50 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

I got mine on the 24th and got Uncharted with it. It's pretty sweet so far.

g3HKFnX.png

#51 CanucksHD

CanucksHD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,238 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

Got my PSVita on launch. Finished Uncharted about 3 weeks ago and ever since I have been playing Lumines. Gonna pick up Mortal Kombat on Tuesday and play that for most of the summer.

#52 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Im still playin my psp go.

#53 CanucksHD

CanucksHD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,238 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

MK Vita kicks srious ass. It's a must own title for every Vita owner.

http://www.metacriti...a/mortal-kombat

#54 MrMooresBeard

MrMooresBeard

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

Figured i'd give this thread a bump ... been thinking about maybe picking one up soon ... people here still playing theres / would they recommend others picking one up ?

#55 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Figured i'd give this thread a bump ... been thinking about maybe picking one up soon ... people here still playing theres / would they recommend others picking one up ?

Street FighterXTekken, Fifa 13, Little Big Planet, Gravity Rush and MGS collection are good additions.

Edited by Wh!stler R!der, 14 November 2012 - 09:15 PM.

This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!
Win it for Ripper, Luc and Demo.

#56 Bork Laser

Bork Laser

WWE Champion

• Members
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Persona 4 Golden comes out in 2 days, and has anyone played the series before and knows how good it is?

Edited by formyhunny77, 18 November 2012 - 08:48 PM.

Posted Image

Credit to Twilight Sparkle

#57 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Sony systems are pure crap. U spend 300+ for a system that has graphic cards that are at least 5-10 years behind and pay craploads for games. I'd stick with my shiny new pc any day. It has a higher start coast but way better for cost over time

Edited by mbal23, 22 November 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#58 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,497 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

ya nice try troll but not everyone has 1500 to drop on a gaming computer and your still paying 50-70 bucks for software unless your waiting a year for steam sales

not to mention the fact your upgrading every 2-3 years while the ps3 has lasted 6 years and still has a couple more years left in it not to mention the fact the vita will go on as the top handheld console

Edited by captaincanuck88, 22 November 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#59 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,497 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

so after debating whether to go with the wii u or the vita i ended up being easily persuaded into getting the vita with the free games for being a ps plus member

got uncharted golden abyss, mutant blobs attack, wipeout 2048, jet set radio and gravity rush all for free there is also final fantasy tactics psp game for free but didn't download

first hours of play and i love it looks great handles great a little wide is my only complaint and also kinda disappointed i can't download my spyro and crash bandicoot games other than that i love this system hopefully the full ps1 classic list becomes available but i can live without it also got the black ops bundle and bought lego lord of the rings

#60 Bork Laser

Bork Laser

WWE Champion

• Members
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

so after debating whether to go with the wii u or the vita i ended up being easily persuaded into getting the vita with the free games for being a ps plus member

got uncharted golden abyss, mutant blobs attack, wipeout 2048, jet set radio and gravity rush all for free there is also final fantasy tactics psp game for free but didn't download

first hours of play and i love it looks great handles great a little wide is my only complaint and also kinda disappointed i can't download my spyro and crash bandicoot games other than that i love this system hopefully the full ps1 classic list becomes available but i can live without it also got the black ops bundle and bought lego lord of the rings

Black Ops on the Vita is pretty terrible.
Posted Image

Credit to Twilight Sparkle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.