The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian (Official Thread)

hyroglyphixs

Come on guys lighten up. This is going to put us over the top. The toughness we added was way more important then CoHo. He had no future here, was never gonna be better then kesler and henrik. Gragnani can't be overlooked either. He is going to be great. I don't love the deal, but i like the deal. Excited to see what Kassian can bring the next few years. May be a cross between Bertuzzi and Lucic.

Good deal

Dont think Kassian is going to make as much of a difference as Cody would have, come playoffs.. that said, I think Pahlsson is more valuable (as a rental for this years playoffs) then Cody.

Long term? It's all guess work,. lots of people have lots of opinions-- BS if you think you arent guessing though.

Okay I get it, Cody is going to be a really good player in the league. But comparing this situation to Pittsburgh is silly. Jordan Staal is perfectly suited to that third line- more physical, and can put up points. Pens had the the luxury of keeping Staal because his play is far more suited to third line duties than Hodgson ever will be. People have got to stop looking at this trade with starry eyes of a teenage girl looking at some teenage heartthrob. As has been said over and over already Cody was a redundant player on this Canucks team. Look at this trade objectively and not emotionally and it becomes a trade that has to be done. You have to give a little to get a little. Everyone was complaining that we didn't have enough depth on D, and we were not tough enough for a long playoff push. We got both, and now we have the pieces to put a bottom six together that actually belongs on the bottom six. What people seem to be missing here is now with Pahlsson, he is that shutdown 3rd centre that will free up Kesler and Henrik to play more often against the weaker lines.

A stupid trade that will come back to bite us. I mean if it were a two for one deal, where we received both players only for Cody then that would make the sting a little less painful but we gave up Sulzer as well. Mike Gillis and the management team are morons...just absolute morons. Cody 's cap hit was nothing compared to some players who have not been producing as much as he has: Raymond anyone?

Unless Cody specifically asked for a trade because he wasn't happy with being a 3rd line centre then that's a stupid trade. and classless on Gillis' part for not telling Cody first over the phone. Absolutely classless.

Just the worst thing that Gillis and company could have ever done...they just traded away our future for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Retards.

Oh by the way, we just lost the cup for this year. It's over. If the Sedins and Kesler don't perform, and we HAVE seen it happen before, then we'll be gone in the first round. None of the new guys are going to be scoring many goals, if any. I hope Gillis and AV are gone next season. These players can win the cup with better management and coaching but they are held down by utter stupidity constantly.

A stupid trade that will come back to bite us. I mean if it were a two for one deal, where we received both players only for Cody then that would make the sting a little less painful but we gave up Sulzer as well. Mike Gillis and the management team are morons...just absolute morons. Cody 's cap hit was nothing compared to some players who have not been producing as much as he has: Raymond anyone?

Unless Cody specifically asked for a trade because he wasn't happy with being a 3rd line centre then that's a stupid trade. and classless on Gillis' part for not telling Cody first over the phone. Absolutely classless.

Just the worst thing that Gillis and company could have ever done...they just traded away our future for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Retards.

Oh by the way, we just lost the cup for this year. It's over. If the Sedins and Kesler don't perform, and we HAVE seen it happen before, then we'll be gone in the first round. None of the new guys are going to be scoring many goals, if any. I hope Gillis and AV are gone next season. These players can win the cup with better management and coaching but they are held down by utter stupidity constantly.

This sucks 100%.

With that said, I totally understand why Gillis did what he did. Vancouver definitely needed more depth in D, as well as more size up front for the playoffs. While it would've been nice to get all that for a piece of brick and some towels, that's just not how these things work.

This one stings, but it needs to play out.

This trade makes me depressed. I understand why we did it and can appreciate the logic but I think this deal is really going to come back and bite us.

Contrary to what others have said, I think that Kassian is better for us short term than Hodgson would be, but Hodgson will be the much better player with the much better career down the road. If Kesler's hip acts up again, we're screwed.

I'm hoping for Hodgson to rip it up in Buffalo cause he's such a nice and humble guy but then again if he does really well then Canucks fans wont be happy cause they'll think we lost the trade. In order for us to win this trade, Coho has to do average but I really don't want to see that happen to such a great guy.

You can't blame Gillis for not telling Cody. Nothing is final until it's all approved by the league, and until it is, they don't tell the player. Trouble is, leaks always happen, which is why Cody found out from Tanev through Twitcrap, or whatever.

Good luck in Buffalo, Cody! We'll miss you, but you have a better chance there to develop as you should.

Welcome, Pahlsson, Kassian and Gragnani!

hate this tade..

I like what Cody Hodgson was bringing to our team. More of our games this year have not been finished in regulation. They're always close one goal- games that we somehow pull off a win. Cody Hodgson has been able to help us score goals in moments when we need em. We waited 3 years and he's now becoming decent in his rookie season. He had a bright future and lots of potential...2 years from now this will be regret...

On the other hand Zack Kassian.... He's as experienced or less experienced than Cody, and people think he's gonna like make a difference in the playoffs because he's a "tough" guy? he's 21 and i doubt he's really gonna have that big of an impact during the playoffs. We dont know how he'll cope on our team compared to Cody. who imo was better for this moment's playoffs, and better for the future.

When I first found out, I was flipping mad. We trade away the future Captain Canuck for someone who's a prospect?

Then (as in several hours later), I cooled down and reminded myself that Gillis probably knew more about hockey than me, and IF Kassian can live up to his potential, we would have just swapped a top-line centre for a top-line powerfoward (which we need more than centres right now).

And hopefully MAG will be better than Alberts/Rome/Sulzer.

Archived