Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

iPhone Problem..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#31 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,281 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

can't find the iPhone forum, anyone have the link?

Get a 4, not a 4s. I have a 4 and it's great. The extra money for a 4s isn't worth it, imo, ESPECIALLY when you consider that the iPhone 5 will probably be out at the end of the year. If you intend to get one of those, then get the 4, and just switch then.

If you intend on keeping your new iPhone for a few years, go with the 4s.

212e8lw.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#32 bjh

bjh

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

My buddy has one of those. After making a big deal about it, slamming my iPhone which I don't bother to defend, because it's a phone I wanted proof. He showed me the phone which was cursed with being slow, having an 8th of the apps the iPhone has, and more or less being the exact same as the iPhone. Cool.

The Galaxy S2 makes a mockery of any of the iPhones to date...

Way more options out of the box, performs side by side much snappier than the iPhone and doesn't weigh a metric ton or shatter if you drop it...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

I just moved from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy Note. The Samsung crushes the iPhone in every possible way.

If everyone elses experience with a Samsung phone is anywhere close to mine, iPhone will be quickly losing their massive market share in the US, they simply can't hold a canlde to what Samsung brings.

#34 -Goose-

-Goose-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

Get a 4, not a 4s. I have a 4 and it's great. The extra money for a 4s isn't worth it, imo, ESPECIALLY when you consider that the iPhone 5 will probably be out at the end of the year. If you intend to get one of those, then get the 4, and just switch then.

What terrible logic.

In this case OP would be holding off for eternity. The iPhone 4s has been out for about 4 or 5 months. On Apple's current refresh cycle, OP will get a good amount of usage from the 4s.

Posted Image

#35 Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

I just moved from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy Note. The Samsung crushes the iPhone in every possible way.

If everyone elses experience with a Samsung phone is anywhere close to mine, iPhone will be quickly losing their massive market share in the US, they simply can't hold a canlde to what Samsung brings.

just looked it up, looks cool but really expensive isn't it?

Go Canucks Go

#36 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,281 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

What terrible logic.

In this case OP would be holding off for eternity. The iPhone 4s has been out for about 4 or 5 months. On Apple's current refresh cycle, OP will get a good amount of usage from the 4s.

...?

212e8lw.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#37 JoshuaGuy

JoshuaGuy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Nothing against Samsung, but it doesn't "crush" the iPhone in every possible way. The key feature of apple is connectivity. Their products just work seemlessly with each other and many other brands cater to apple technology. That market share may drop but I doubt it will be significant.
Posted Image

#38 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Nothing against Samsung, but it doesn't "crush" the iPhone in every possible way. The key feature of apple is connectivity. Their products just work seemlessly with each other and many other brands cater to apple technology. That market share may drop but I doubt it will be significant.

The trouble is that apple keeps everything connected through their terrible iTunes platform, which is painful to use, and tries to get you to pay for everything. I can get everything on the itunes store for free for my android based phone. I also found that everything 'just works' between my google accounts and my android phone just as well as with an iPhone. I think the only reason apple users think that their products are so special is that they haven't tried anything else.

#39 JoshuaGuy

JoshuaGuy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

The trouble is that apple keeps everything connected through their terrible iTunes platform, which is painful to use, and tries to get you to pay for everything. I can get everything on the itunes store for free for my android based phone. I also found that everything 'just works' between my google accounts and my android phone just as well as with an iPhone. I think the only reason apple users think that their products are so special is that they haven't tried anything else.

So paying for stuff isn't your thing? If no one bought the IOS versions of the apps they wouldn't exist. Just saying..

There isn't much in the way of electronics that I haven't owned or at least tried. I've worked in retail electronics for 8 years now as a Car Audio installer. Like I said, Samsung is a great brand. If I had to own anything other than an IPhone it would be a Samsung, but Apple products integrate so well with everything else I own. Home theatre, car audio, remote start, home security. I'm sure the other brands will catch up on these features but there's something to be said about leading the pack. I've been controlling my home theatre with my iPhone for 3-4 years. Wirelessly accessing my computer, scrolling through my playlists with ease, streaming wirelessly to my home theatre. Not a lot of competition in the sound docks.. I don't think I've ever seen a dock for anything other than apple, not including basic 3.5 mm plug.

A little off topic, but last night I bought FIFA 12 iPad app and downloaded the free iPhone game pad companion app. Used my iPhone as a controller for the game on the iPad. Thought that was pretty cool.
Posted Image

#40 Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

Who doesn't intend on keeping their phones for a few years? I can't afford to keep updating to apples new products every year

Go Canucks Go

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.